1917 Tula video

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
pascucci

1917 Tula video

Post by pascucci »

Hey guys, I'm trying to get a Youtube series started on surplus rifles and made a video about one of my rifles I think you'll like.

I picked it up for $170 yesterday, so I'm pretty happy.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: 1917 Tula video

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Nice M91. good deal, I am rockisland1913 on youtube been at the video thing for a few years, I do videos when I have time. I show the rifle and give just enough information to make the viewer curious, let them work for the rest themselves. Disable the like/dislike crap, it takes away the pleasure youtube shitbirds get by disliking videos for no real reason, and the anti gun types of course can't do it either. They hate it when they can't mess with the ratings, they will ask why it's disabled, and try to get you to turn it on. Remember that it takes years to build up a channel, I never paid attention to all that subscriber crap on youtube, I was making videos to link here, one day I look and the sub's are over 729 as of last count, I have no idea who these people are, but maybe they watch because I am not selling anything
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

:vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

Good tips Jim.
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
FR0STY54R

Post by FR0STY54R »

Awesome video, definitely need more surplus rifle channels out there
Shoot like Voroshilov !
FR0STY54R

Post by FR0STY54R »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:Nice M91. good deal, I am rockisland1913 on youtube been at the video thing for a few years, I do videos when I have time. I show the rifle and give just enough information to make the viewer curious, let them work for the rest themselves. Disable the like/dislike crap, it takes away the pleasure youtube shitbirds get by disliking videos for no real reason, and the anti gun types of course can't do it either. They hate it when they can't mess with the ratings, they will ask why it's disabled, and try to get you to turn it on. Remember that it takes years to build up a channel, I never paid attention to all that subscriber crap on youtube, I was making videos to link here, one day I look and the sub's are over 729 as of last count, I have no idea who these people are, but maybe they watch because I am not selling anything
I absolutely love your channel, I was watching your vids on youtube loooong before I came to the forum. I'm not sure I agree about the ratings though, even the big channels that attract all of the anti gun trolls have a tremendous like favor in their like to dislike ratio. Those people asking why the likes are disabled are more than likely just disappointed that they cant add you video to their liked section !
Shoot like Voroshilov !
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

That's OK, I make the videos to link here, or to share with friends, not to grow popularity on youtube. That or just to backup videos I don't want to lose should the computer crash and I lose the thumb drives I store everything on. Youtube can be a pain in the ass, always changing things, half the time I don't see questions in my videos, or can't reply to them, God forbid the wrong song is playing in the background. I haven't even put a fraction of the collection up on there yet so there will be more videos as I have time, that and more Victrola videos as my collection of them is growing.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

Guys like hickock45 that have videos with over a million views are serious business. He has about 1.3 million subscribers, received guns and ammo products to review, and there is no telling how much money he is making, all while shooting a zillion rounds of everything imaginable on his excellent backyard compound. I used to get tired of listening to his rambling but now I just like the good ole boy. I personally tend to skip over videos that are too long though. Who wants to watch 20 minutes of BS about the ballistic coefficient of HP 380 rounds or the effects of bullet trauma in ballistic gel? 5 minute videos, way more my cup of tea!
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

Also what I like to see is more Mosin and less face. A lot of talk about the details you can find in any Mosin text gets old quick. Put that camera on your rifle and its details and your viewers are gonna like it. IMHO :-)
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

bunkysdad wrote:Also what I like to see is more Mosin and less face. A lot of talk about the details you can find in any Mosin text gets old quick. Put that camera on your rifle and its details and your viewers are gonna like it. IMHO :-)
Exactly! Unless your female, hot & wearing something sexy. :devil2:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
qz2026

Post by qz2026 »

:cry: The link didn't show up for me...

Jim has lots of interesting videos. I like the snow plowing in the ancient plow truck :D