WASR AK47 GP

Everything Semi and Automatic is discussed here. Can be Military or civilian.
AK's, AR's, FN, VZ, FAL, and so on. (Post WWII)

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus handguns or discussions on altering in this forum (On Military firearms only). Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
Jolly Green Chopper

WASR AK47 GP

Post by Jolly Green Chopper »

Century Arms is offering their CIA CIA AK47 GP WASR HI-CAP 7.62X39,Romanian with Wood Military Stock (30 Rd. Mags) for $499.00( regular price $599.00) they say.Can any of our members help me with their experience using this rifle. Other,more expensive models show a left side picture revealing a scope mount ,flash hider.and claim to have a chrome lined barrel. I welcome any comments about this rifle. I just bought a new I.O. Inc.Sporter 247 AK47 which is the basic model with no scope mount or rails for $449.00. So far it preforms well and I am satisfied with it. The most recent edition of ShotGun News has a story about I.O. Inc that has a lot of interesting info, so I tried out their economy model. Now I wish I had gotten the model with all the extra's. Thanks for any help about the WASR GP AK47 or other models. :D JGC
RazorBurn

Re: WASR AK47 GP

Post by RazorBurn »

I have a Century WASR GP 10/63 and it has been an excellent rifle. I don't know if the current GP is close to the 10/63 specs, but for the money I think they're hard to beat. Mine runs like a tank, and is pretty darned accurate (for an AK variant) too. I'd buy one for $499, especially if I could check it over in hand to make sure the front sight isn't canted & the magwell isn't too loose. My 10/63 does have the scope mount, but I don't now for sure on the other WASR's. I seem to remember that another sale pitch for them was that they had the scope mount.
Threadkiller extraordinaire...
WeldonHunter

Re: WASR AK47 GP

Post by WeldonHunter »

I can't help you much with experience since I only have one AK and it's a Norinco I just recently got. I'm not sure if it's the same rifle but Widener's has a a WASR10 GP for $479.95+SH and has had it at that price for a while as far as I know. https://www.wideners.com/itemdetail.cfm ... 701%7c1028 There's a few others here http://gun-deals.com/index.php?dealtype ... 1&subcat=5 and they all seem to be coming from Century.