SKS In California

Discussion of the SKS platform of semi auto rifles

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
paul6892
ban
ban

SKS In California

Post by paul6892 »

Need information from a California member

Is a SKS totally 100% legal in California, also what are the requirements for traveling across country from Mississippi via I-10 to California with my C&R rifles,
actions removed and ammo locked up, does that meet Federal and all states requirements :?:
1. M39 Finn, 7.62x54mm 1944 Sako
2. M38, 7.62x54mm 1943 Izhevsk
3. M44, 7.62x54 mm 1945 Izhevsk
4. SKS, Russian, 7.62x39mm 1951 Tula
5. SKS Chinese #26, 7.62x39mm
6. SKS Chinese #316, 7.62x39mm
7. M48, Yugoslav, Mauser 8x57mm
8. Air Rifle .22, Beeman RS2

Best Regards

Paul
USN Retired

Vietnam Veteran
jones0430

Re: SKS In California

Post by jones0430 »

Generally speaking, probably. You may want to inquire in New Mexico and Louisiana.
"And beneath the starry flag, we civilized them with a Krag..."
jones0430

Post by jones0430 »

California may have restrictions on magazine and bayonet.
"And beneath the starry flag, we civilized them with a Krag..."
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

There are no restrictions on SKS rifles in California unless they have things like grenade launchers like the Yugo's sometimes do. Those are not legal here. Most of the Russian and Chinese SKS are OK.

Now as for transporting them. You will have to look at each states laws on transport that you will be in, and how they require you to transport if.
sandbasser

Post by sandbasser »

I'm sure dolk's correct; but it wouldn't to check out the CalGuns Forum... (full disclosure: sometimes it's very slow)

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/index.php

Mods if this type posting is a no-no, please delete.
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

I'm not a lawyer, nor do I know all the laws on firearms in Calif. I'm not sure anyone does. :roll:

Calguns is a good forum.

Dolk
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

This http://www.sksboards.com/smf/index.php?board=12.0 and this http://www.sksboards.com/smf/index.php?topic=102487.0 and this http://www.sksboards.com/smf/index.php?topic=41437.0 may help also. Keep in mind I have no idea how up to date any of these are but it's an SKS forum.
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

There was recently a proposed bill that would require anything coming in to CA would have to be checked. I don't know what the actual bill was or if it passed.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
paul6892
ban
ban

Post by paul6892 »

Longcolt44 wrote:There was recently a proposed bill that would require anything coming in to CA would have to be checked. I don't know what the actual bill was or if it passed.
I'm just making an injury right now as I may have a job there :?: :brolleyes:

Best Regards

Paul
USN Retired

Vietnam Veteran
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

As was suggested earlier, I would go and check with Calguns forum.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
paul6892
ban
ban

Post by paul6892 »

paul6892 wrote:
Longcolt44 wrote:There was recently a proposed bill that would require anything coming in to CA would have to be checked. I don't know what the actual bill was or if it passed.
I'm just making an injury right now as I may have a job there :?: :brolleyes:

Sorry Typo :!: :oops:

I'm just making an inquiry right now as I may have a job there :?:

Best Regards

Paul
USN Retired

Vietnam Veteran
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

I wouldn't move here unless you are in NJ or NY! (and I live in California). Or want great weather! Gun laws suck and are getting worse every single year.

If you moved here, all your firearms would have to go through a 01FFL here when bringing them into the state. (I'm pretty sure of this one).

Darryl
Bareassmeagain

Post by Bareassmeagain »

Bringing your sks into Ca ? don't bring a yugo with the launcher. and the rule of thum on the chi-coms is that if it has a spike bayo take it off the gun. but you can still bring it. if its blade leave it alone your fine. Thats it ! Something about C&R with the blade bayo. And Slick Willy with the spike bayo in the 90's

If you make it to Ca you will find that you will sacrafice a few bad gun laws for a better life. Its that simple :thumbsup: Sorry if I hurt anyones feelings :lol:
jimpierce7

Post by jimpierce7 »

I still pray for Reagans return to our governorship. :)
sapishka

Post by sapishka »

any Yugo has to be the Cali model with the muzzle brake .The Yugo with grenade launcher is prohibited ,the 1991 NAVY ARMS imports with the AK STYLE magazine is not legal ,fixed 10 round hinged original ok . They are always trying anything over there though . now we have the gun /rifle card to have before purchases ,and more paperwork ,a fiasco for sure . Good ole slick willy ,that's why you see those MAK 90 AKS thumbhole stocks and all ,a good attempt to fool and get it in by a sporter hunting rifle version . I have not seen anything so far in a very long time regarding the cutting off the bayo lug or the spike bayonet deal since the ban had expired .but always a good idea to check things out .

sapishka
Bareassmeagain

Post by Bareassmeagain »

sapishka wrote:any Yugo has to be the Cali model with the muzzle brake.The Yugo with grenade launcher is prohibited ,the 1991 NAVY ARMS imports with the AK STYLE magazine is not legal ,fixed 10 round hinged original ok . They are always trying anything over there though . now we have the gun /rifle card to have before purchases ,and more paperwork ,a fiasco for sure . Good ole slick willy ,that's why you see those MAK 90 AKS thumbhole stocks and all ,a good attempt to fool and get it in by a sporter hunting rifle version . I have not seen anything so far in a very long time regarding the cutting off the bayo lug or the spike bayonet deal since the ban had expired .but always a good idea to check things out .

sapishka
Except the older style Yugo M59. Which has no GL / flash hider
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

Bareassmeagain wrote:
sapishka wrote:any Yugo has to be the Cali model with the muzzle brake.The Yugo with grenade launcher is prohibited ,the 1991 NAVY ARMS imports with the AK STYLE magazine is not legal ,fixed 10 round hinged original ok . They are always trying anything over there though . now we have the gun /rifle card to have before purchases ,and more paperwork ,a fiasco for sure . Good ole slick willy ,that's why you see those MAK 90 AKS thumbhole stocks and all ,a good attempt to fool and get it in by a sporter hunting rifle version . I have not seen anything so far in a very long time regarding the cutting off the bayo lug or the spike bayonet deal since the ban had expired .but always a good idea to check things out .

sapishka
Except the older style Yugo M59. Which has no GL / flash hider
Very Kool! :D
Judi and her Mosins

Post by Judi and her Mosins »

:soapbox:
You can mail firearms to yourself. Check ATF law. Must be addressed to you and only opened by you. A co-worker I know goes hunting alot and he mails them all the time. Judi and her Mosin's ;mywink;
And will you succeed? Yes indeed, yes indeed! Ninety-eight and three-quarters percent guaranteed!”
Dr. Seuss quote
amx4080

Post by amx4080 »

dolk wrote:If you moved here, all your firearms would have to go through a 01FFL here when bringing them into the state. (I'm pretty sure of this one).
Oh wow, that would suck for someone with a large collection to have all the firearms you already own be transferred back to yourself (where did the ownership change? I can't get my head around the logic for transferring to yourself.) with a background check for every individual firearm you already own. Sounds like another way to generate a back door tax and discourage law abiding citizens from owning personal firearms.