Latest acquisition

All hand guns welcome and discussed here.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus handguns or discussions on altering in this forum (On Military firearms only). Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
mogunner

Latest acquisition

Post by mogunner »

Ordered this off Gallery of Guns website, davidson's direct order page. Been wanting a small 9mm BUG or summer carry, sometimes the old Ruger P95 gets a bit heavy and bulky. Talked to several who own these and watched Hickok45 review as well as a torture test and figured good enough for me to try especially at $276.73 out the door, taxes and transfer included. Hope the rain stays out of the forecast for Sunday now.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: Latest acquisition

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

The SCCY 9mm? I watched that Hickock video and I like these. There was a local guy selling these for 235.00 out the door and I was tempted because everyone else wanted 300 or more but spent my cash on a couple of Finns so the pistol got sidelined. I hope you can give us a range report. That is a good price from Davidsons you got there.
mogunner

Post by mogunner »

Yep, it's the CPX-2 model, no manual safety, just a looonnngg DAO trigger pull. I think one of the selling points for me was repeated striking capability in case of hard primers, no need to cycle the slide just keep pulling the trigger. I will say the the overall fit and finish is excellent, no machining marks inside the slide, no casting flash on the polymer at all...first new firearm that I've ever purchased that didn't have something I had to take care of.
tjtM38

Post by tjtM38 »

I think these guys split off from KelTec, so they are making similar DAO pistols at a reasonable price. As I understand from folks who own these they are no frills, functional pieces excellent for concealed carry. :thumbsup:
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

:thumbsup: :vcool: :vcool:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
Dan4good

Post by Dan4good »

i had a black one with safty and i thought very comfortable to hold and conceal and it did function and look ok it was aweful recoil. just my :2cents: tho i hope it works out for you and your happier i sold mine
mogunner

Post by mogunner »

Not sure if they changed something on them or what, but the recoil on it is comparable to shooting my .38spl 4" EAA revolver with 158gr loads. I'd venture to say that it's less than what my Ruger P95 recoils with the same ammo
Jolly Green Chopper

Post by Jolly Green Chopper »

:thumbsup: I have'nt bought a new hand gun in over a year since I got the new Glock Model 27 40 cal. which cost $500.00 plus tax and more for extra mag. and a mag. extension . The price you paid for the CPX 9mm is about half what a similar Glock costs so I will try one out at my local dealer.I don't have a concealable 9mm so I been waiting to see what is the best deal.Thanks mogunner for the info.
Last edited by Jolly Green Chopper on Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jolly Green Chopper

Post by Jolly Green Chopper »

:thumbsup: I have'nt bought a new hand gun in over a year since I got the new Glock Model 27 40 cal. which cost $500.00 plus tax and more for extra mag. and a mag. extension . The price you paid for the SCCY 9mm is about half what a similar Glock costs so I will try one out at my local dealer.I don't have a concealable 9mm so I been waiting to see what is the best deal.Thanks mogunner for the info.
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

Been wanting one of these for a while now... Let us know how it performs! :thumbsup:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
mogunner

Post by mogunner »

Well, I've been shooting it about every other weekend, probably have close to 1k rounds through it now and still no problems at all, 100% with all types of ammo but haven't shot any steel cased through it.