A2 20" upper?

Everything Semi and Automatic is discussed here. Can be Military or civilian.
AK's, AR's, FN, VZ, FAL, and so on. (Post WWII)

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus handguns or discussions on altering in this forum (On Military firearms only). Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
Dan4good

Re: A2 20" upper?

Post by Dan4good »

the ptac parts sold at psa are also of great quality to cost no complaints
BuckeyeSgt

Post by BuckeyeSgt »

I finally found one. Well the whole rifle. On the way! :toast: :USA Flag: :dance:
Некто кроме нас
US Army 90-94 98G Russian
Army Reserves 94-98 37F
entropy

Post by entropy »

WeldonHunter wrote:I really like the look of that one Lee. I've seen a few places that have the demilled Colt Military parts kits http://www.royaltigerimports.com/product-p/ar150011.htm but they tend to be expensive and most claim to have some cracked or broken furniture. Royal Tiger Imports is one place but they also have these now. http://www.royaltigerimports.com/produc ... er0015.htm If I ever get one I want it to look like this or as close to military. I just really like that Vietnam era look. It's from when I was a kid.
Hell, that's exactly what I was issued in 1986.
"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum." -Publius Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Murphy was an optimist.

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an
invasion, butcher a hog, design a building, conn a ship, write a
sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the
dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve an
equation, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a
computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects - Robert A. Heinlien
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

I too like the 20 inch ones. This one has a FN M16 barrel, an Olympic arms upper receiver, and the rest is DPMS.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

millman wrote:I too like the 20 inch ones. This one has a FN M16 barrel, an Olympic arms upper receiver, and the rest is DPMS.
Sweet, I like the way that looks. Especially the pig sticker ;)
BuckeyeSgt

Post by BuckeyeSgt »

Here is the one I ordered. Way cheaper though. :biggrin:

Некто кроме нас
Army Reserves 94-98 37F
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

BuckeyeSgt wrote:Here is the one I ordered. Way cheaper though. :biggrin:

I hope you got a deal on it. I hate to say what I have in mine.
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

WeldonHunter wrote:
millman wrote:I too like the 20 inch ones. This one has a FN M16 barrel, an Olympic arms upper receiver, and the rest is DPMS.
Thanks. How do you like that vintage tacticool Swedish sling? :)

C. S. Lewis
BuckeyeSgt

Post by BuckeyeSgt »

$744 shipped
Некто кроме нас
Army Reserves 94-98 37F
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

millman wrote:
WeldonHunter wrote:
Thanks. How do you like that vintage tacticool Swedish sling? :)
Makes that a very eclectic setup. Worldly I might add. I might know where you can get some Carl Gustav SS109 ammo for it make the sling feel at home.
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

BuckeyeSgt wrote:$744 shipped
Nice.

C. S. Lewis
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

WeldonHunter wrote: Makes that a very eclectic setup. Worldly I might add. I might know where you can get some Carl Gustav SS109 ammo for it make the sling feel at home.
You are the ammo guy. I was hoping you could tell me. I sure would like to have a 6.5x55 AR.

C. S. Lewis
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

millman wrote:
WeldonHunter wrote: Makes that a very eclectic setup. Worldly I might add. I might know where you can get some Carl Gustav SS109 ammo for it make the sling feel at home.
You are the ammo guy. I was hoping you could tell me. I sure would like to have a 6.5x55 AR.
It's actually a bit higher than other M855/SS109 but if you must have Swedish ammo for your AR here's some. http://gun-deals.com/displaydeal.php?dealid=27469 It's not 6.5x55 though. There was a lot of this around over the last year but it wasn't super popular because it's berdan primed. The M855/SS109 from other places is a lot cheaper now though since the ATF has backed off. Still not back to where it was, which was high anyway.
BuckeyeSgt

Post by BuckeyeSgt »

Некто кроме нас
Army Reserves 94-98 37F
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :vcool:

C. S. Lewis
Ricky V 1971

Post by Ricky V 1971 »

Look in to Green Mountain Barrel Company for an A2 barrel. They make great barrels and they are not expensive. http://www.gmriflebarrel.com/
entropy

Post by entropy »

BuckeyeSgt wrote:I'm betting I'd only get to see the finished product in pictures. :chuckles: :chuckles:

I'll bet he'll have it well broken in by the time he ships it to ya! :thumbsup:

I'll tender the same offer. :wink:
"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum." -Publius Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Murphy was an optimist.

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an
invasion, butcher a hog, design a building, conn a ship, write a
sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the
dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve an
equation, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a
computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects - Robert A. Heinlien