Czech one off my list

Everything Semi and Automatic is discussed here. Can be Military or civilian.
AK's, AR's, FN, VZ, FAL, and so on. (Post WWII)

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus handguns or discussions on altering in this forum (On Military firearms only). Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
Sirex

Czech one off my list

Post by Sirex »

So my CZ has been bugging me a lot. It has been nagging me, but since I don't speak Czechish, I needed a translator. So I bought a VZ2008. Part Merican, part Czech, so I figure bilingual. I picked up the VZ2008 today with a pouch of mags, bayonet and fixed stock. Pretty cool rifle. Can't wait to shoot it. It told me my CZ75 was lonely in a locker full or big Russians and Finns. It is happy now.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
polymerase2

Re: Czech one off my list

Post by polymerase2 »

They are interesting rifles. Like that compensator.
We have met the enemy and he is us.
gurn

Post by gurn »

Nice but I'm not wild about the compensator though, but that's just me.
Sé onr sverdar sitja hvass! - May your swords stay sharp!
Jolly Green Chopper

Post by Jolly Green Chopper »

Nice VZ2008 I like all the dark color. Makes it look bad ass. Will it take standard AK47 7.62 X39 Magazines?How about the scope mounting ?
gurn

Post by gurn »

"Will it take standard AK47 7.62 X39 Magazines?" Nope.
Sé onr sverdar sitja hvass! - May your swords stay sharp!
Sirex

Post by Sirex »

It wont take AK mags, but the mgs are about the same price as AK mags, lighter, and seem easier to lock in than AK mags.
mag318

Post by mag318 »

The VZ58 and the American version the VZ2008 are really interesting rifles. After shooting my D-Teknic VZ58 I prefer it to any AK variant. It's a better design IMO with it's short stroke piston and being striker fired. Those of us who own one really like them.
Lotema

Post by Lotema »

Very nice! I really hate seeing these though 'cause every time I do, I want to get one for myself!
Lotema
Argue for your limitations, and sure enough they're yours. -- Richard Bach
Sirex

Post by Sirex »

Lotema wrote:Very nice! I really hate seeing these though 'cause every time I do, I want to get one for myself!
One of the best values out there now. Sold by Century, my understanding they are subcontracted out to another builder. That could be why they are so good. I was also told by a local dealer Century has discontinued the VZ2008, so IF you want one, it may be a good time to snag one. Don't know if it was true, but at half the price of a VZ58, a pretty good deal.
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

:vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
RenoJames

Post by RenoJames »

Lotema wrote:Very nice! I really hate seeing these though 'cause every time I do, I want to get one for myself!
Yeah, I feel you there! Esp at the prices they're going for. Real nice ones at Atlantic. :Drool1:
Sirex

Post by Sirex »

Update;

Took it to the range New Years eve and ran the heck out of it using some PPU ammo. VERY accurate for a x39 gun, my most accurate so far. Ordered a different muzzle brake for it and a recoil reducing stock and polymer grip for it. The recoil is very mild, but I am trying to minimize as much recoil as possible because I want my wife and daughter to shoot it. Bought my wife pink Ruer 10/22 for Christmas, but hope she'll want to shoot the VZ.
98chrysler

Post by 98chrysler »

A good quality muzzle brake will reduce the recoil significantly. There is a huge difference in the quality and designs from the evilbay stuff to the parts that have been engineered correctly. I have a nice one on another rifle that is made by Precision Armament it effectively reduced the Russian Concussion by over half 80% if I had to guess. I have two of the vz2008s and love them both. They are different for sure. The mags are defiantly not compatible with the AK stuff as there is a slot in the rear of the mag for the last round bolt hold open lever. The mags are also aluminum, super light and about twice the price of a standard AK mag. I love how easy they are to field strip. I had a contest with my buddy who has a Saiga iz 132. He thought his "AK" was quicker to field strip. He lost badly. I am glad I have a couple of them now as the market has dried up slightly on them. I'm not sure if Century decided not to make them anymore or if the parts are drying up a bit. I think there were just over 900k made all together. Not near as plentiful as some other mil surp guns.
gdnagle

Post by gdnagle »

Sirex wrote:Update;

Took it to the range New Years eve and ran the heck out of it using some PPU ammo. VERY accurate for a x39 gun, my most accurate so far. Ordered a different muzzle brake for it and a recoil reducing stock and polymer grip for it. The recoil is very mild, but I am trying to minimize as much recoil as possible because I want my wife and daughter to shoot it. Bought my wife pink Ruer 10/22 for Christmas, but hope she'll want to shoot the VZ.
Keep a eye on the heat generated on the forward stock. Shoot it enough and it will get hot. I'm thinking about some thin muffler insulation under the piston to help control the heat as I don't like wearing gloves.
Sirex

Post by Sirex »

I ordered a heat shield and some Kool-tape for it.