Question Tokarev TTC 7.62x25

All hand guns welcome and discussed here.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus handguns or discussions on altering in this forum (On Military firearms only). Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
catcracker

Question Tokarev TTC 7.62x25

Post by catcracker »

What is the difference between the Yugoslavian, Romanian, and Polish Tokarev TTC pistols? They seem to be the same model. The only difference I can guess is that one country may have made more than another, making the value different. Maybe better craftsmanship. But I would think they are all pretty close.
I have a line on a Romanian Tokarev. But since I only want to end up with one in my collections, I thought I better check here first.
Thank you.
Cat
redspoon

Re: Question Tokarev TTC 7.62x25

Post by redspoon »

I have the Yugo M57 which takes a unique mag (not interchangeable with other Toks) one extra round and a little longer grip, which feels better in the hand. No problems with mine, just hard to get used to the strong trigger pull. I would love to get the Russian Tok but they're a little pricey. The only problem I have heard with the Romanian is the after market safety that is required for import is not reliable. Would not be a problem for me, I never carry with one in the pipe on any of my semi autos.
Check out the link below this guy has a bunch of these M57's for sale at a pretty good price.
http://www.gunsamerica.com/924861974/Za ... _Polic.htm
catcracker

Post by catcracker »

Thanks for info. I looked at site, and it looks like a great deal. But I don't think it is C&R eligible.
I hope others have input.
Dan4good

Post by Dan4good »

i have a chinese type 54 tok i like it ive heard the romanians coming in these days are the nicest condition like unissued but i dont know for sure i was just told that
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

I have a Yugo also. Bought it years ago. Runs great. :thumbsup:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
grasslander

Post by grasslander »

There is some WWII history that makes the Polish Tokarev essentially the same as the Russian TT3. First the Germans invaded and defeated Poland before attacking Russia, but the Russians puposely waited for the retreating Nazis to come thru again and essentially destroy the Polish manufacturing (Warsaw) before running them back to Germany. Then the Russians easily moved in and retooled Poland with their weapons, including the TT3. My early 50s Polish Tok has the same wide spacing on the slide grip as the Russian and the internals are the same, unlike the Yugo M57, of which I have two. Unfortunately, all have added safeties for importation, but seem to be decently made add-ons. Some of the added safeties on the early Romanian imports were pretty crude. Yes, I would like an Original Tok, but the last one I looked at was $650 a year ago. Hope you can still find a Polish Tok! :D
catcracker

Post by catcracker »

I'm going to bump this thread, because I'm still am not sure what the answer is to my original question.
I now understand the Yugo Tokarev is somewhat different. So I will leave that one out of the discussion for now. And the Russian one is too expensive.
So what is the difference between the Polish and the Romanian Tokarevs. They go for different prices. So it's either the quality, or quantity. Or maybe some combination of the two.
Thanks.
Cat
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

I have a Romanian and it suits me very well. I would say unless you are going to collect pistols of the Tokarev design just keep what you have. You might check out the Chinese model but only because it is a different caliber, 9mm. I liked the Tokarev design that when Zastava brought out the Tokarev in 9mm last year I bought one.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
catcracker

Post by catcracker »

I don't have any of them. But I am wondering if it is worth spending the extra to get the polish. Or if there is no difference, then I will get the cheaper Romanian.
neal45

Post by neal45 »

My son and I both have Romanian TTCs. His works flawlessly and mine does too now but I had to remove the safety. It was crudely made and went on safe after every shot.

I've been shooting mine for about 4 years now and love to shoot it. I went ahead and bought a Russian one this year too. Of course it shoots great as it is original, without an added safety.
Jolly Green Chopper

Post by Jolly Green Chopper »

Tokarev TTC 7.62X25 catcracker ,I have a Yugo MD57 ,which has a 9 round magazine and was purchased with a FFL03 C&R License from SOG International,Inc. WWW.SOUTHERNOHIOGUN .COM 240 Harmon Ave. P.O. Box 590 ,Lebanon,OH. 45036, 800-944-4867 on 5-16-2012 for $226.55 hand picked for extra $10.00 in excellent condition with 2 magazines and a Holster for extra $ 18.49 At that time they had a special no charge shipping period for some guns,but I did have to Pay 3% extra charge to use a credit card. The gun does have a longer magazine for an extra round. It is very accurate and I like the way it fells in my average size hand.It is narrower than a 45 cal. 1911 and a bit lighter but has about the same overall dimensions. The slide locks open when last round is fired and the magazine is empty.The pin/lever on the left side to manually lock open the slide is the same as a 1911 and protrudes out the right side but has an ingenuous keeper that slides forward under the head of the protruding pin. Colt should have added this to their models to avoid the accidental loss of this vital part. Which I have seen in older worn parts.The ammo availability is a negative . Not cheap and all military rounds I could find were corrosive in 880 rounds per Zinc can from Lucky Gunner.com(can't remember cost but LG is never the lowest)7.62x25 is sometimes offered with the gun but not in large quantities,so if you see a good deal and like the gun "-buy cheap and stack deep". :D good luck, JGC
bocephus

Post by bocephus »

J&G is selling Tokarevs pretty cheap right now, $150 each if you buy two. I've heard they're in great shape.
entropy

Post by entropy »

TTC was made at Cugir, Romania-Polish TT was made at Radom. The Polish is getting scarcer quicker, so might be a better buy for collecting, but both are of excellent quality. If they have the add-on safety, as TT's imported after '68 do, the collectability value will be less than a bring-back or pre-'68 imoprt.
"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum." -Publius Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Murphy was an optimist.

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an
invasion, butcher a hog, design a building, conn a ship, write a
sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the
dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve an
equation, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a
computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects - Robert A. Heinlien