New Members, Make your first post here!

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
ronhoney

Re: New Members, Make your first post here!

Post by ronhoney »

Newbie here. Only have three Mosin Nagants: 1943 Izhevsk 91/30, 1944 Izhevsk M44, & just got a 1943 Izhevsk 91/30 Sniper (hope to shoot it for the 1st time tomorrow). Hope to learn from the experts.

Ron
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

ronhoney wrote:Newbie here. Only have three Mosin Nagants: 1943 Izhevsk 91/30, 1944 Izhevsk M44, & just got a 1943 Izhevsk 91/30 Sniper (hope to shoot it for the 1st time tomorrow). Hope to learn from the experts.

Ron
Welcome to the board, good luck with the range test, you have used firearms before?
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
mosquitomoon

Post by mosquitomoon »

Hello to all Mosin Nagant owners/lovers. I'm Tim (mosquitomoon), this is my first post and I'm interested in a Mosin PU. Looking at what AIM surplus is offering. Any thoughts or suggestions. Many thanks to you all.

Tim (mosquitomoon)
doeslayer100

Post by doeslayer100 »

I finally got on,yea,I have 6 mosins and love to shoot them. Looking forward to hear all about them ,Thanks Doeslayer
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

mosquitomoon wrote:Hello to all Mosin Nagant owners/lovers. I'm Tim (mosquitomoon), this is my first post and I'm interested in a Mosin PU. Looking at what AIM surplus is offering. Any thoughts or suggestions. Many thanks to you all.

Tim (mosquitomoon)
Welcome to the board Tim, for sniper advice have a look in the sniper forum here on the board, read up in the posts :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

doeslayer100 wrote:I finally got on,yea,I have 6 mosins and love to shoot them. Looking forward to hear all about them ,Thanks Doeslayer
All is well? Good, welcome to the board :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

doeslayer100 wrote:I finally got on,yea,I have 6 mosins and love to shoot them. Looking forward to hear all about them ,Thanks Doeslayer
You have been on or a week now. Glad to see you made it.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
don90

Post by don90 »

Hey from sunny Australia!, just bought my first Mosin, 91/30. Completed my lee enfield and mauser collections, thought I'd buy a mosin n see what all the fuss is about. Look forward to gouging you all for information!
Grendl

Post by Grendl »

Ahoy! Referred here by Calguns regarding an informative article Dolk posted. Looking forward to reading it :-)
dcryder

Post by dcryder »

Hi I am Dennis from upstate NY. I just got my first m91 from my son who bought it and put it together for me. Date that was stamped into it is 1908 and boy it is a sweet shooting gun. It was a Finnish gun with the SA stamped on it. Will try to post pics in a couple of days as my son knows how to do it. The gun is missing the hand guard and the cleaning rod, I would like to try and find them to finish my gun. So if anyone knows or has these items please contact me. :BBQ2:
Remiel

Post by Remiel »

Hello, My name is Dennis, and I just bought a Finn capture M91 in a box, i have assembled and shot it and want to know about it
Totten86

Post by Totten86 »

Hey guys,
Another new guy here. I've been collecting mosins for a few years and am just about to pick up my first arsenal rebuilt PU sniper. Hopefully I can pick up on some of the vast wealth of knowledge on this forum.
Taylor
jones0430

Post by jones0430 »

don90 wrote:Hey from sunny Australia!, just bought my first Mosin, 91/30. Completed my lee enfield and mauser collections, thought I'd buy a mosin n see what all the fuss is about. Look forward to gouging you all for information!
Welcome! No gouging needed. People here will drone on for days about Mosins. Just don't offer us Vegemite sandwiches.

:twisted:
"And beneath the starry flag, we civilized them with a Krag..."
drjlove78

Post by drjlove78 »

Hi All,

New to the forum and new owner of a Mosin-Nagant M44. I bought it on a whim at local gun shop. Couldn't pass it up. I'm interested in learning more and participating on the forum.

Regards,

Joe
dcryder

Post by dcryder »

I posted a couple of days ago but I do not see my post anywhere in here, What happen?
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

dcryder wrote:I posted a couple of days ago but I do not see my post anywhere in here, What happen?
Welcome Dennis. It's there. The post is a page back on page 137 viewtopic.php?f=5&t=12037&p=330116#p330116 I noticed you asked if anyone has some parts you're looking for. You should make a post here viewforum.php?f=28 and start the title with WTB meaning "Want To Buy" and list as many details as you can about what you're looking for. You may need to make a few more posts before it allows you to post in that section but I'm not sure.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

don90 wrote:Hey from sunny Australia!, just bought my first Mosin, 91/30. Completed my lee enfield and mauser collections, thought I'd buy a mosin n see what all the fuss is about. Look forward to gouging you all for information!
Welcome to the board :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Grendl wrote:Ahoy! Referred here by Calguns regarding an informative article Dolk posted. Looking forward to reading it :-)
Welcome to the board :thumbsup: :vcool:
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

dcryder wrote:Hi I am Dennis from upstate NY. I just got my first m91 from my son who bought it and put it together for me. Date that was stamped into it is 1908 and boy it is a sweet shooting gun. It was a Finnish gun with the SA stamped on it. Will try to post pics in a couple of days as my son knows how to do it. The gun is missing the hand guard and the cleaning rod, I would like to try and find them to finish my gun. So if anyone knows or has these items please contact me. :BBQ2:
Welcome to the board Dennis, cleaning rod is possible, handguard will be hard to find, and expensive.
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Remiel wrote:Hello, My name is Dennis, and I just bought a Finn capture M91 in a box, i have assembled and shot it and want to know about it
Welcome to the board Dennis :thumbsup: :vcool:
Theodore Roosevelt