New Members, Make your first post here!

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
easton59

Re: New Members, Make your first post here!

Post by easton59 »

Hi everyone. I'm a new member with a 1942 VKT M-39. I'm fairly new to Mil-Surps and have A LOT to learn. But...I can see I'm in the right place! Thanks for an excellent board!
m1oberon

Post by m1oberon »

DSC_1203 (640x427).jpg
DSC_1183 (640x427).jpg
DSC_1199 (640x427).jpg
Thank you I'm hoping someone might know. Would I probably be correct in that the star inside the pentagon in the first photo would indicate Tula.
Anyone know the one in this photo?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
quentindu29

Post by quentindu29 »

salut tout le monde je m'appelle quentin je suis français. J'ai trouver un mosin nagant chez ma soeur qui habite un vieux corps de ferme, il date de 1941 et je veux le remettre en état. Je pense pas pouvoir réussir sans votre aide si vous le voulez bien ^^ !

Edited:Hi everyone my name is Quentin I am french. I found a mosin nagant with my sister who lives in an old body (?) of farm, it dates from 1941, and I want to restore. I think p
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

quentindu29 wrote:salut tout le monde je m'appelle quentin je suis français. J'ai trouver un mosin nagant chez ma soeur qui habite un vieux corps de ferme, il date de 1941 et je veux le remettre en état. Je pense pas pouvoir réussir sans votre aide si vous le voulez bien ^^ !
Please post pictures of your rifle before you do anything to it. Anything.
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
FR0STY54R

New Members, Make your first post here!

Post by FR0STY54R »

panther wrote:Hi, I am new. I have a Hex with no dates. How old could this Mosin be? There is an area on the bolt where it looks like someone tried to hide some markings by covering them up.

Very interesting indeed. The Mosins without dates are few and far between it seems, and I'm sure someone here will know more about them and get back to you with more info if you post this topic in the Collectible Mosin Nagant Rifle section. You can generally always find the date of your rifle on the bottom of the tang once you take the rifle out of the stock. Image
Shoot like Voroshilov !
Lee-online

Post by Lee-online »

quentindu29 wrote:salut tout le monde je m'appelle quentin je suis français. J'ai trouver un mosin nagant chez ma soeur qui habite un vieux corps de ferme, il date de 1941 et je veux le remettre en état. Je pense pas pouvoir réussir sans votre aide si vous le voulez bien ^^ !

bonjour Quentin. S'il vous plaît nous montrer quelques photos de ce fusil que vous avez trouvé.
Kollaa kestää
Ozzy

Post by Ozzy »

Hey, Im back ;)
blind prophecy

Post by blind prophecy »

Hi everyone, I just purchased a 37 Izhevsk. This rifle has a ton more markings than the 39 I used to have. It's probably nothing to special comparatively, however I figured I'd put some powder on them and see if anybody notices something interesting I may have missed.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Ozzy wrote:Hey, Im back ;)
Attention all old board members, Ozzy didn't blow himself up after all, and he is back Welcome back Ozzy :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

easton59 wrote:Hi everyone. I'm a new member with a 1942 VKT M-39. I'm fairly new to Mil-Surps and have A LOT to learn. But...I can see I'm in the right place! Thanks for an excellent board!
Welcome to the board :vcool: :thumbsup:
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Edited:Hi everyone my name is Quentin I am french. I found a mosin nagant with my sister who lives in an old body (?) of farm, it dates from 1941, and I want to restore. I think p
Welcome to the board, I have absolutely no idea what that translation means, you found something buried with a body on your sisters farm? I thought it was illegal for French gun owners to have rifles in military calibers?
Theodore Roosevelt
varifleman

Post by varifleman »

Hi from SW VA; I collect 1860s thru WWI mostly military pistols and rifles.
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:
Ozzy wrote:Hey, Im back ;)
Attention all old board members, Ozzy didn't blow himself up after all, and he is back Welcome back Ozzy :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Welcome back Ozzy. Are you still blowing stuff up? Have you looked in to tannerite?
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
762plinker

Post by 762plinker »

I bought my Mosin Nagant last fall (2013) from the Cabela's in Sidney, Nebraska. It's a 1943 Izhevsk. I got it with the bayonet, strap and pouches with the oil can and the tools. I bought a spam can of military surplus 7.62 X 54R from Gander Mtn in Thornton, Colorado. I just recently got another spam can of ammo from bulkammo.com. It's lots of fun to shoot. My first attempts were way off the paper. I'd only been shooting .22 rifles and pistols and was totally unprepared for the recoil. I was resting the rifle on the front end of the barrel to shoot. Now I'm resting it at about the middle of the rifle and I'm doing much better.
Azdara

Post by Azdara »

Bought a Finnish 1941 M39 Sako from a local collector, and he recommended these forums. I'll post pictures and questions later. I also own an Romanian 1955 M44 that I picked up as an impulse purchase at a gun show - which piqued my interest in these rifles.
Finnish M39 1941 Sako
Romanian M44 1955
BeltFedEd

Post by BeltFedEd »

762plinker wrote: I'd only been shooting .22 rifles and pistols and was totally unprepared for the recoil
Woo, betcha that was a wake up call when you pulled the trigger for the first time.

Welcome aboard fellow new guy!
BusMaster007

Post by BusMaster007 »

2nd post close enough?
I made my 1st in the headspace gauge thread... :brolleyes:
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

varifleman wrote:Hi from SW VA; I collect 1860s thru WWI mostly military pistols and rifles.
Welcome to the board :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

762plinker wrote:I bought my Mosin Nagant last fall (2013) from the Cabela's in Sidney, Nebraska. It's a 1943 Izhevsk. I got it with the bayonet, strap and pouches with the oil can and the tools. I bought a spam can of military surplus 7.62 X 54R from Gander Mtn in Thornton, Colorado. I just recently got another spam can of ammo from bulkammo.com. It's lots of fun to shoot. My first attempts were way off the paper. I'd only been shooting .22 rifles and pistols and was totally unprepared for the recoil. I was resting the rifle on the front end of the barrel to shoot. Now I'm resting it at about the middle of the rifle and I'm doing much better.
Welcome to the board :thumbsup: :vcool: Sounds like you are getting the hang of things if you are ready for the second spam can :lol:
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Azdara wrote:Bought a Finnish 1941 M39 Sako from a local collector, and he recommended these forums. I'll post pictures and questions later. I also own an Romanian 1955 M44 that I picked up as an impulse purchase at a gun show - which piqued my interest in these rifles.
Welcome to the board, you can't go wrong with the M39, excellent shooters, :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt