VZ52 czech rifle

All collectible military bolt rifles are discussed here. From all countries around the world.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
evildog

VZ52 czech rifle

Post by evildog »

Picked up a VZ52 czech rifle this weekend and looking for the impossible top forgrip stock. The wood has a crack in it. I'll post pic's later tonight. Any ideas on whether there any left to find? Also does anyone know where to look for reloading dies in the 7.62x45 as the surplus is all but dried up. I did get some ammo on stripper clips with the gun and am going back to buy the rest of what he has which i think is a spam can worth.
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Re: VZ52 czech rifle

Post by bunkysdad »

I just checked Midway USA and they have a 2 die set in stock made by RCBS, but they are 150.00! It appears that Lee did a custom run of them a few years back so maybe you can stumble across some. You will need to search around or spend the big bucks.
vblue42

Post by vblue42 »

You can pretty much forget about the handgaurd but if there are any to be had its going to be on the auction market and the various sites for auctions. You might want to look into the link below however.

http://lswinds.webs.com/vz52.htm

Also about reloading, there are die sets but no one makes brass on a regular basis for this caliber. Youtuber gunnut357 has a lengthy video however on brass conversion for this caliber. I myself was in the market recently for one of these and may be again someday but the lack of ammo is a problem for me.
'56 SHE VZ52
'46 Izhevsk M44 Mosin Carbine
'44 Finnish VKT M39 Mosin
'40 Tula 91/30 Finn Capture
'44 K98 Mauser (Yugo Rework)
'43 Swiss K31
'45 Springfield M1 Garand
'43 Remington 1903A3
'43 Long Branch No.4 Mk.1*
'58 Madsen M47
VZ58 Folder With Beaver Barf
New Frontier/KAK AR15 5.56mm
Smith & Wesson M&P9
evildog

Post by evildog »

Here's some pic's and thanks again for the info on where to look for parts. I'm going to go back and see what he wants for the other one he has that is missing the forend. I picked this up for $225 with some ammo on stipper clips to start with.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Nice. Looks better then a lot I have seen. :vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
JER

Post by JER »

evildog wrote:Picked up a VZ52 czech rifle this weekend and looking for the impossible top forgrip stock. The wood has a crack in it. I'll post pic's later tonight. Any ideas on whether there any left to find? Also does anyone know where to look for reloading dies in the 7.62x45 as the surplus is all but dried up. I did get some ammo on stripper clips with the gun and am going back to buy the rest of what he has which i think is a spam can worth.
I've had good success fixing cracked HG's. The one on mine was cracked also. A couple of friction clamps and some regular cure epoxy works great.