RANGE TIME!

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
outdooraddict

RANGE TIME!

Post by outdooraddict »

Took the '42 Izhevsk to the range with my buddy and his .303. These are my last 18@50 yards. Shot in about 5 minutes since I have to pick up my son. Got another pic on the way.

And here is the days shots
outdooraddict

Re: RANGE TIME!

Post by outdooraddict »

We were just going to move out to 100 then another group shows up
zeebill

Post by zeebill »

The 100 yard mark is generally a real challenge to a rifle the first few times and a small flinch can mean many inches at that distance too. Collecting is easy as all it takes is money and free time! Shooting is another story it takes patience, time, and effort on the part of the shooter and not many people will shoot their collector rifles these days I am afraid. That is a shame as they will never know the joy of hitting bulls at 100 yards plus with the oldest military cartridge in the world through 100 year old guns! Enjoy your range time! Bill :D
outdooraddict

Post by outdooraddict »

zeebill wrote:The 100 yard mark is generally a real challenge to a rifle the first few times and a small flinch can mean many inches at that distance too. Collecting is easy as all it takes is money and free time! Shooting is another story it takes patience, time, and effort on the part of the shooter and not many people will shoot their collector rifles these days I am afraid. That is a shame as they will never know the joy of hitting bulls at 100 yards plus with the oldest military cartridge in the world through 100 year old guns! Enjoy your range time! Bill :D

I'm looking forward to getting some surplus ordered up and trying the 100 yard mark. This was my second time out with the gun, the .303 British was a real fun challenge!
jimpierce7

Post by jimpierce7 »

looks like a good range day indeed!! I see what's like to shoot 100 yards every week. I'm getting there slowly but surely. Then I think of how two of my Mosins (M27 and M39) are sighted in at 200 to 300 meters. Who the heck can see that? lol
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

From the looks of those targets I'd say you were shooting the enemy in the ear-hole! Good shooting. Now when you move to 100 That type of target is gonna get real skinny looking real fast.:P
shoto2758

Post by shoto2758 »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Do Not Think Of Winning.
Think,Rather,Of Not Losing

Gichin Funakoshi
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Sweet shooting :vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

This remind me that I need to take a couple of my Enfields out a wring them out. There could be spiders living in one.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!