First Test Post!

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

First Test Post!

Post by Darryl »

Hi....Had to edit this to, "we are kind of open for business". Unofficially

More will come in the next few days. We still have to get the "boss" over here. 8-) :lol:

Dolk
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Re: First Test Post!

Post by millman »

Looks good so far.
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

Well, It's a start, if I get some help!

Dolk
lonesome

Post by lonesome »

Hi guys! I can help some if you need me to. Just say the word.

I think the amount of sub-forums you have on here is plenty. I like that there aren't 100 different places to post stuff. This way, the sub-forums you do have will get a lot more traffic.
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

Is it safe?
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

SA1911a1 wrote:Is it safe?
Sure, as long as you don't have any money!

Dolk
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

Is there a way to get this to list near the top in Google when doing a search on "Mosin Nagant"? Dumb question... But new members would prove helpful in establishing a good member base. Just a thought.
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

lonesome wrote:Hi guys! I can help some if you need me to. Just say the word.

I think the amount of sub-forums you have on here is plenty. I like that there aren't 100 different places to post stuff. This way, the sub-forums you do have will get a lot more traffic.
Agreed. Keep it simple. If more are needed it should go up for discussion?
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

Rongoman wrote:

In fact, I was thinking about making this the "Mosin and All Collectible Military Firearms" forum and eliminating The second down forum of "All Collectible Military Firearms". We can "tweak" things as we go.
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

May I suggest a historic photo sub forum?

BTW, thanks Dolk.
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
lonesome

Post by lonesome »

dolk wrote:
Rongoman wrote:

In fact, I was thinking about making this the "Mosin and All Collectible Military Firearms" forum and eliminating The second down forum of "All Collectible Military Firearms". We can "tweak" things as we go.
I think if this is a Mosin specific forum at it's core (like the URL would suggest), then maybe Mosins should have their own place? Might be better for people who just come across this place via a search or whatever.

Doesn't matter to me personally, though. I don't even own a Mosin anymore, so I'll be posting in the other forum. :D
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

Check out the photo gallery... ;)

"Dang that entropy"
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

I still have to mess with the Photo Gallery. ;)

It is capable of having individual private galleries. (A spot for individuals and not as a "group").

Darryl
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

Cool, we can all have our own "dolk" page.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

Longcolt44 wrote:Cool, we can all have our own "dolk" page.
8-)

"Dang that entropy"
klibben

Post by klibben »

I'd suggest a Mosin page, and then a catch-all gun page. No need for one from every country.

Or, if you really wanted more division, could do Rifles, Shotguns, Handguns, Black Powder... but I think just one for mosins, and one for everything else is fine for now. Maybe once traffic jumps you could do more.

A section for Laws, Crufflers, and CCW might be useful as well.

I agree on a photo section, someplace to keep tomaustin locked up (no offense Tom, I love the photos it would just be nice to have them in their own folder instead of all over the mosin pages).
"Si vis pacem, para bellum" - Flavius Vegetius Renatus (ca 390 AD)
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

"historic photo"

Sub forum to here?

Or separate forum?

Dolk
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

dolk wrote:"historic photo"

Sub forum to here?

Or separate forum?

Dolk
Either/or. Just so they have their own spot.

C. S. Lewis
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

I have been exploring this new cave and had a problem trying to post a dirty, I mean private, message. I am not all that computer savvy but after composing the message I couldn't find the post or send function.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

klibben wrote:I'd suggest a Mosin page, and then a catch-all gun page. No need for one from every country.

Or, if you really wanted more division, could do Rifles, Shotguns, Handguns, Black Powder... but I think just one for mosins, and one for everything else is fine for now. Maybe once traffic jumps you could do more.

A section for Laws, Crufflers, and CCW might be useful as well.

I agree on a photo section, someplace to keep tomaustin locked up (no offense Tom, I love the photos it would just be nice to have them in their own folder instead of all over the mosin pages).
Amen. Love the photos Tom, but yeah... They need a place other than the discussion section.

"Dang that entropy"