Swiss K31 arrived yesterday!!

All collectible military bolt rifles are discussed here. From all countries around the world.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
Vati66

Swiss K31 arrived yesterday!!

Post by Vati66 »

Here are a few quick pics of my K31 that I received yesterday.

Nice shape over all. It's a bit heavier then I expected. Can't wait to shoot it.

Scott
Lotema

Re: Swiss K31 arrived yesterday!!

Post by Lotema »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: Looks great! Those keep tempting me into buying one. I've resisted so far but it's been hard.
Lotema
Argue for your limitations, and sure enough they're yours. -- Richard Bach
Ironnewt

Post by Ironnewt »

I have two K31's and a few other Schmidt-Rubins. I'm very happy with mine and I'm sure you will be with yours.
Damn, I'll bet that's going to leave a mark! Probably hurt too!
"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms,
you know, like NASCAR drivers, so we could
identify their corporate sponsors."

"When I die, I want to be facing my enemies surrounded by their dead bodies and piles of spent brass"
"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Looks real nice. You will love the way these shoot. :thumbsup: :vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

That is great and you even got the bayonet. What a super rifle to buy yourself. I sure would like one also. I don't want too much else right now if it is a new caliber, except this one. And a 6.5 Swedish, and that is it. Except maybe a 45/70 Govt., and a 36 caliber cap n ball revolver, and perhaps 6.5 Carcano, but that's it! :P except for the 7.62x38 Russian revolver, and .455 Webley. Yep, that's about it.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
TulaTom

Post by TulaTom »

Very nice! :thumbsup:
sgtheindl

Post by sgtheindl »

Nice K31! Make sure to check under the butt plate for a soldier tag if you haven't already. :thumbsup:
I'm broke because I buy milsurps. I'm rich because I buy what I enjoy.
Vati66

Post by Vati66 »

Yep it's there. I photo copied it and then put it back. It's been safe there for many years, I expect it will be safe there for many more :)
Jbob

Post by Jbob »

Very nice rifle, you'll love it. Still watching for a bayonet for mine yet, those things are about 1/3rd the price of a rifle now but they are a work of art.
Vati66

Post by Vati66 »

I bought the rifle from SOG and it came with the sling. I did pay $50 extra for the bayonet and a brass muzzle cap. I'm going to order a Swiss cleaning kit just so I have it. I want to have an original cleaning kit for all my milsurp rifles. So far I do have one for each of them. I also need a leather frog for the bayonet. Oh yeah, one more thing I need ......480 Rd of GP11 !!

Scott
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

Scott, I think you went the right route. That was a nice package deal. Now if you found a nice sawback bayonet for a good price, but not sure if there is such a thing. They are expensive.
Titanium Hammer

Post by Titanium Hammer »

Jbob wrote:Very nice rifle, you'll love it. Still watching for a bayonet for mine yet, those things are about 1/3rd the price of a rifle now but they are a work of art.
I just placed my order for a K31 with a walnut stock from AIM this afternoon. Jbob, I ordered the bayonet with it as well for $29.95 and intended to give you the link but I just checked it and they're already sold out. :o
OP, very nice looking rifle! I would love to see more pics of it & please let us know how she shoots. 8-) :thumbsup:
polymerase2

Post by polymerase2 »

I got one of the SOG K31's as well. Will post when I clean. Vati66 do you also have the worse CAI import mark ever?
We have met the enemy and he is us.
Jbob

Post by Jbob »

Titanium Hammer wrote:
Jbob wrote:Very nice rifle, you'll love it. Still watching for a bayonet for mine yet, those things are about 1/3rd the price of a rifle now but they are a work of art.
I just placed my order for a K31 with a walnut stock from AIM this afternoon. Jbob, I ordered the bayonet with it as well for $29.95 and intended to give you the link but I just checked it and they're already sold out. :o
OP, very nice looking rifle! I would love to see more pics of it & please let us know how she shoots. 8-) :thumbsup:
Thanks for thinking of me, I just received my email and checked but to late, they were gone that quick. My C&R license just arrived and are being sent out to a couple places, I'll have one sometime soon. :wink:
Vati66

Post by Vati66 »

Jbob, SOG has the Bayonets for around 50.00. Get your C&R into them so you can see what they have to offer.

Poly, Yes !! looks like a paragraph of laser stenciling on top of the receiver. It's just not right :-(.

Titanium: I'll let you know how it shoots in a few days. I only have 20 rounds of norma 7.5 x 55 which cost me an arm and a leg AND the other foot, but it was all that was available locally. I just put in a order with AIM for 500rd of GP11. SOG and Liberty Tree has some also but AIM is just a little better priced. I plan to shoot up the Norma either tomorrow ( Easter Sunday) or Tuesday. I'll post better pics when I have the time to get them done.

Scott
Last edited by Vati66 on Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
catcracker

Post by catcracker »

Vati66 wrote:Jbob, SOG has the Bayonets for around 50.00. Get your C&R into them so you can see what they have to offer.

Poly, Yes !! looks like a paragraph of laser stenciling on top of the receiver. It's just not right :-(.

Titanium: I'll let you know how it shoots in a few days. I only have 20 rounds of norma 7.5 x 55 which cost me an arm and a leg AND the other foot, but it was all that was available locally. I just put in a order with AIM for 500rd of GP11. SOG and Liberty Tree has some also but AIM is just a little better priced. I plan to shoot up the normal either tomorrow ( Easter Sunday) or Tuesday. I'll post better pics when I have the time to get them done.

Scott
AimSurplus has bayonets on sale for 29.99. That is the cheapest I have seen them. They also have K31 on sale.
Edit. Sold out. Glad I picked up a spare yesterday.

Cat
Jumperwire
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Jumperwire »

Nice rifle. Very accurate. Yes LC I've shot this one. :big shock:
$29.99 for a Swiss bayonet would be a steal.
JoeR

Post by JoeR »

Those are so cool, well done. 8-)
If at first you don't succeed, reload and try again.
Vad321

Post by Vad321 »

Very nice condition! I'm sure you'll get a lot of enjoyment out of it. The K31 I have is a sweet shooter, as they all tend to be.