Looking for a Sniper 91/30, Can you help me to decide?

All Military Snipers are discussed here!

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
macad1947

Looking for a Sniper 91/30, Can you help me to decide?

Post by macad1947 »

Hi Guys....

I want to buy a sniper 91/30 and I have been one click away to buy it from Classic Firearms until I arrived to the forum. Since they are not cheap at all ( classic ask 729 + shipping :shock: ). Could you help me to educate myself on it ? :

- Are the Molot 91/30 snipers not good ? Why ?
- What is the difference between a RGuns sniper from the rifles that other vendors offer?

I will appreciate a lot your help I have been saving just to buy this rifle ....

Cheers
sgtheindl

Re: looking for a Sniper 91/30, Can you help me to decide?

Post by sgtheindl »

The following was taken from viewtopic.php?f=52&t=15038 which was written by Dolk (just want to give credit where credit is due.)

No one knows the entire story (truth) about how this last batch of sniper (called Molot snipers) were handled exactly. That is the concern over them. They are made up of "real" sniper parts as far as the base, mount, and scope and the rifle are concerned. The only question is, who re-refurbished them. Was it the Soviet arsenals, or were they put together from parts by Molot, or perhaps just refurbished by Molot. But those are the unanswered questions at this time. We may learn more if the people that handled them will talk later.

The only story that we know is, someone got the rifle (or parts?) and handed them over to Molot (remember, Molot is a Russian company and not an arsenal). They "processed them" (what ever that means) and packaged them in wrap and boxes. They were turned over to IO (importer) to be imported to the US. then some went to AIM (sellers in the US), and some to Century (sellers in the US), and a few others.

That is the only "facts" we know for sure. If anyone has more "facts" we would like to see them. But most of the stuff going around is just stories that are handed from one person to another. Sort of he said that this happened. Not facts from the original person"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also from the same thread by Dolk

RGUNS are the only "known" PU snipers for sale that can be confirmed where they came from. That comfirmation also came from someone other than RGUNS. Yes they are all in a different state of re-refurbishment. Some are rifles that obviously had damage during the war and parts were replaced, and other are almost entirely original. But all the work was done by the arsenals, not a "civilian".

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, basically you have to decide for your self if you want to pay extra to know exactly where your rifle came. Either way you will get a great gun and enjoy it. Just do what calls you.
I'm broke because I buy milsurps. I'm rich because I buy what I enjoy.
njragan56

Re: Looking for a Sniper 91/30, Can you help me to decide?

Post by njragan56 »

Samco global has molot pu's for $599 and $629 hand select.

http://www.samcoglobal.com/rifles-nagant.html
Send the hate!
WeldonHunter

Re: Looking for a Sniper 91/30, Can you help me to decide?

Post by WeldonHunter »

If you hadn't heard about the RGuns rifles mentioned above this is where you can find them. http://www.rguns.net/rifles/rifles-bolt.shtml Oh wait I see you mentioned them in your post. Well there's the link anyway.