PU sniper rifle coming in from SAMCO

All Military Snipers are discussed here!

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
general

PU sniper rifle coming in from SAMCO

Post by general »

Well I know these can be hot topics and I am a newbie so be kind!!! I took the bait and I ordered a PU Sniper from SAMCO and registered here. I could not get a straight answer from them wither it was a "Molot " version or not. ( I am assuming that I is). It will be interesting to see what comes in. They appear to be the least expensive at $620 plus shipping.
I will post some photos and hope to get some advise from you all when it arrives!!! Thanks Ike
njragan56

Re: PU sniper rifle coming in from SAMCO

Post by njragan56 »

They are molot. I received a 44 tula.
Send the hate!
Gleedaniel13

Post by Gleedaniel13 »

They are molot. I received a 44 tula.
If that was the scenario, then that would be a good rifle gun. My friends are already using it and it does very well. :)
bocephus

Post by bocephus »

They are Molots. I'm tempted to get one because they don't presort their's except by condition. Also the price seems to go up $100 every year. I'm curious how much higher the Molots will get.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

general wrote:Well I know these can be hot topics and I am a newbie so be kind!!! I took the bait and I ordered a PU Sniper from SAMCO and registered here. I could not get a straight answer from them wither it was a "Molot " version or not. ( I am assuming that I is). It will be interesting to see what comes in. They appear to be the least expensive at $620 plus shipping.
I will post some photos and hope to get some advise from you all when it arrives!!! Thanks Ike
Welcome to the board ,I hope the rifle is something nice, I hate buying blind without knowing anything of what they will send, risky.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

It's a question I had as well. I know the bent bolt ones without optics or mounts are NOT Molot but these recent "Complete"ones I have no idea.
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
sgtheindl

Post by sgtheindl »

bocephus wrote:They are Molots. I'm tempted to get one because they don't presort their's except by condition. Also the price seems to go up $100 every year. I'm curious how much higher the Molots will get.
I bet most places will hit $700 and stay to be cheaper than RGUNS unless they up thier prices as well. Get it while the gettin is still "good".
I'm broke because I buy milsurps. I'm rich because I buy what I enjoy.
ckkone

Post by ckkone »

I got one as well should have it Tuesday, I know they don't have any Tula left so I'm expecting an izhevsk. I'm probably going to pick up a Yugo as well.
Chris K.
bocephus

Post by bocephus »

sgtheindl wrote:
bocephus wrote:They are Molots. I'm tempted to get one because they don't presort their's except by condition. Also the price seems to go up $100 every year. I'm curious how much higher the Molots will get.
I bet most places will hit $700 and stay to be cheaper than RGUNS unless they up thier prices as well. Get it while the gettin is still "good".

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Molots get to the same price as RGUNS. With the way Classic and AIM advertise they'll probably still sell. RGUNS on the other hand doesn't advertise.
general

Post by general »

I had wanted a PU sniper many years ago, but did not have the knowledge to go out and get one comfortably, a lot of fakes and trash out there. I am hoping for at least a correct parts rifle and in the last few months these have gone up exponentially in cost. So I figured I should "strike" now while I can still afford it. SAMCO is not a big advertiser and they are still reasonably priced compared to the others. The other major companies seem to have all increased their prices every other month.

Getting a rifle wthout seeing it is always worrisome, but I have gotten some great ones that way through the CMP program. But I didn't see much other options at that price.

I asked the sales staff whether they were Molots but she did not know, but she did tell me that the import stamp on them were SAMCO. Somehow I have my doubts. What are the Molots that have been coming out import stamped with? I don't think that it is the seller are they? Ike
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

There is no comparing the CMP to the ordinary milsurp importers like Samco or the others. The CMP is carefully inspecting the rifle they send you, when you get it you know the true measured condition of the bore, and the rest of the weapon has been checked to be sure it's within spec. Samco is taking a rifle off the top of a stack, sticking it in the box and sending it to you like every other retail milsurp seller does. They are selling you a collectable antique, and in light of that they do not do more than gove the bore a glance if at all, forget about headspace checks, or other gunsmith tasks. What you get will depend on how well the last soldier to be issued that rifle treated it. The CMP expects you to shoot that rifle, and they are making sure they send you a tool for marksmanship training. Samco expects you to hang that rifle on a wall , or have it looked over by a qualified gunsmith and repaired if necessary before you shoot it.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
bocephus

Post by bocephus »

general wrote:
I asked the sales staff whether they were Molots but she did not know, but she did tell me that the import stamp on them were SAMCO. Somehow I have my doubts. What are the Molots that have been coming out import stamped with? I don't think that it is the seller are they? Ike
Samco imports their own rifles. Could be why this batch is cheaper than the others right now, the middle man has been removed.
general

Post by general »

Junk Yard Dog very true of the CMP the rest I don't know. Bocephus, I wonder if they are different from the Molots? Probably not but we will see!! Ike