New Members, Make your first post here!

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
jones0430

Re: New Members, Make your first post here!

Post by jones0430 »

For a plain Mosin Nagant 91/30, Cabelas is as good as any. You won't necessarily find a rare or special Mosin but they are usually straight from the Russian Armory.
"And beneath the starry flag, we civilized them with a Krag..."
njragan56

Post by njragan56 »

Hi i have my first nagant in the mail!!
Send the hate!
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

njragan56 wrote:Hi i have my first nagant in the mail!!
Welcome to the board, and congratulations on the new Mosin.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
braceforimpact100

Post by braceforimpact100 »

Hello Everyone! I now have my second Mosin, and I will be posting it soon. I have lurked for some time, so I think it is time for me to make an account. Thanks everyone for making this such a wonderful learning tool for a very curious rifle line!
padams8888

Post by padams8888 »

Howdy.....Pat Adams from Oak Harbor, WA. Found the site today...have read through the rules...and will do my best to ad to the experience of this site!
joker332

Post by joker332 »

Hello everybody....Picked up an awesome 1942 Tula 91/30 that was literally the pick of the litter at my local gun shop. Took it out and seems to shoot between 3 and 5 inch groups with iron sights at 100 yards when I don't pull a round....anyway good to be here
GeorgeC3

Post by GeorgeC3 »

Thought that I would come and follow the rules. I am new to the collecting of the mosins and there is a lot to learn!!! I have SKS's, AK's and Mosins. So please bear with a NEWB. Thanks!!!
trouville

Re: trouville

Post by trouville »

Hello, My name is Michel.

Bonjour de la lointaine France.

My english is very bad but I can read (and appreciate) your very interesting forum.

Merci pour votre accueil et à bientôt

trouville
M44Boom

Post by M44Boom »

Hi To All The Mosin Nagant Fans out there. I have had a 1943 M91/30 for years but today I brought home my first M44 (1944 Izhevsk Armory). It is in excellent condition, perfect metal, the stock is almost ding free, matching numbers, looks to have never been issued to Ivan. When I got home and tried to chamber a round the bolt will not close. It cycles fine and dry fires as it should without a round in it. It looks like the bolt isn't going all the way home. Any ideas? Thank You! SEMPER FI
JRB77

What do these markings mean???

Post by JRB77 »

Can anyone tell me about this?
THNX!

ImageImagewhat does this mean?
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

braceforimpact100 wrote:Hello Everyone! I now have my second Mosin, and I will be posting it soon. I have lurked for some time, so I think it is time for me to make an account. Thanks everyone for making this such a wonderful learning tool for a very curious rifle line!
Welcome to the board :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

padams8888 wrote:Howdy.....Pat Adams from Oak Harbor, WA. Found the site today...have read through the rules...and will do my best to ad to the experience of this site!
Welcome to the board Pat :thumbsup: :vcool:
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

joker332 wrote:Hello everybody....Picked up an awesome 1942 Tula 91/30 that was literally the pick of the litter at my local gun shop. Took it out and seems to shoot between 3 and 5 inch groups with iron sights at 100 yards when I don't pull a round....anyway good to be here
Welcome to the board, nice job with that rifle :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

GeorgeC3 wrote:Thought that I would come and follow the rules. I am new to the collecting of the mosins and there is a lot to learn!!! I have SKS's, AK's and Mosins. So please bear with a NEWB. Thanks!!!
Welcome to the board George. :vcool: :vcool:
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: trouville

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

trouville wrote:Hello, My name is Michel.

Bonjour de la lointaine France.

My english is very bad but I can read (and appreciate) your very interesting forum.

Merci pour votre accueil et à bientôt

trouville
Welcome to the board, many here are not exclusively Mosin collectors, I have a small collection of French military rifles from the 1874 Gras, to the Mas1936. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

M44Boom wrote:Hi To All The Mosin Nagant Fans out there. I have had a 1943 M91/30 for years but today I brought home my first M44 (1944 Izhevsk Armory). It is in excellent condition, perfect metal, the stock is almost ding free, matching numbers, looks to have never been issued to Ivan. When I got home and tried to chamber a round the bolt will not close. It cycles fine and dry fires as it should without a round in it. It looks like the bolt isn't going all the way home. Any ideas? Thank You! SEMPER FI
Welcome to the board, I would suggest close examination of the extractor, and the groove in the breech face of the barrel were it rides. The Mosin is a fairly simple weapon, being a Marine yu have a familiarity with weapons, this rifle is not near as complex as the M4, or the 249. Take your time, observe how each part of the bolt interacts with the other parts, sooner or later you will find were it is binding up. Check also to be sure you have not over tightened the firing pin .

Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: What do these markings mean???

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

JRB77 wrote:Can anyone tell me about this?
THNX!

ImageImagewhat does this mean?
Welcome to the board, the little star is Tula arsenal, the crap engraved on the side of the receiver is a US government mandated import marking, the barrel marking is 1943 Izhevsk arsenal. Parts mix between Soviet arsenals in these rifles is normal.
Theodore Roosevelt
JRB77

Post by JRB77 »

Thanks! junk yard dog
AndyB1972

Post by AndyB1972 »

Looking forward to learning.
travelinmatt76

Post by travelinmatt76 »

New member here, testing out my avatar and I have some questions about a 91/59 that my dad gave me