Prices at Pat Burns site

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: Prices at Pat Burns site

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Expiration date on internal organs is 40 years, no warrantee after that, we need to keep track of our younger members just in case we need spare parts :)
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Teleoceras

Post by Teleoceras »

I've also dealt with Empire Arms http://www.empirearms.com/ for my M27 and M91. They usually have good prices at times for the different types of Finnish Mosins.

They can be another option if Pat Burns is a little too pricey.
VKT 1944 M39
Tula 1935 M91/30
SAKO 1941 M39 Straight stock
Tula 1939 M91/30
Tikka 1942 M91
Tikka 1928 M27
Tula 1936 M91/30 Finnish rebuilt
Tikka 1944 M91/30
SAKO 1942 M39
Tula 1930 M91 Dragoon Finnish capture
SAKO SK.Y 1943 M39
SIG 1928 M28
Tula 1898 M91

-Teleoceras
vblue42

Post by vblue42 »

Wow all this pricing talk makes me glad I got a my order in on Thursday night. I paid 369.99 plus shipping and it ships today and I don't regret one second of it. It certainly wouldn't surprise me however that the supply that Pat has is dwindling. I made the design to finally get an M39 about two weeks ago but didn't have the money. I called and spoke to someone there and asked if he had enough to last till next week (last thursday) and although he said yes, his answer had a funny sound to it.....
'56 SHE VZ52
'46 Izhevsk M44 Mosin Carbine
'44 Finnish VKT M39 Mosin
'40 Tula 91/30 Finn Capture
'44 K98 Mauser (Yugo Rework)
'43 Swiss K31
'45 Springfield M1 Garand
'43 Remington 1903A3
'43 Long Branch No.4 Mk.1*
'58 Madsen M47
VZ58 Folder With Beaver Barf
New Frontier/KAK AR15 5.56mm
Smith & Wesson M&P9
qz2026

Post by qz2026 »

I think Empire Arms is a little pricy myself as compared to Gunsnammo. It's all relative though... Dennis isn't cheap but has nice stuff. His Mosin inventory is a bit low right now. He used to have some really nice stuff and will again. Big show in Ky this weekend so I hear and he will be there gobbling guns up I bet.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Dennis at Empire sold me a real nice NEW M91 Finn years back.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
cep89

Post by cep89 »

Thanks for adding the empire arms link. The m39s he has are pricey and already sold too.
redeuce

Post by redeuce »

vblue42 wrote:Wow all this pricing talk makes me glad I got a my order in on Thursday night. I paid 369.99 plus shipping and it ships today and I don't regret one second of it. It certainly wouldn't surprise me however that the supply that Pat has is dwindling. I made the design to finally get an M39 about two weeks ago but didn't have the money. I called and spoke to someone there and asked if he had enough to last till next week (last thursday) and although he said yes, his answer had a funny sound to it.....
In addition to the estimated 12-15-17000 rifles, Bill also bought all the spare parts. Knowing approximately when they started selling them and watching over the years how many they sell, I'm sure they aren't running out yet. One thing for certain. Just like every other milsurp, there will be no announcement-one day they will be there. One day they will be gone.
redeuce

Post by redeuce »

qz2026 wrote:I think Empire Arms is a little pricy myself as compared to Gunsnammo. It's all relative though... Dennis isn't cheap but has nice stuff. His Mosin inventory is a bit low right now. He used to have some really nice stuff and will again. Big show in Ky this weekend so I hear and he will be there gobbling guns up I bet.
You are correct. The independent guys like Dennis, Allan's Armory, etc. (not big corps. Like Classic) are a few bucks more on some pieces, but are competitive on some too. But, you know EXACTLY what you are getting from them. That piece of mind has led me to buy from both. I purchased 3 from Burns. I'm happy with all, but have no idea if they are complete assembled rifles that were imported, or we're put together from parts over here.
redeuce

Post by redeuce »

cep89 wrote:Thanks for adding the empire arms link. The m39s he has are pricey and already sold too.

If you only follow his website, you will buy nothing from him. You have to get on his email list. He randomly puts groups of firearms for sale, then hits a mass email to his followers. He launched one today with handguns. Usually, most sell within 24 hours. Only the ones that don't sell go on his website.