M39 fin sako or sky worth it or not?

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Pureform

M39 fin sako or sky worth it or not?

Post by Pureform »

1944 m39 not sure if its sako or sky from the marking... asking.399 plus tax... yey or ney...
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: M39 fin sako or sky worth it or not?

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

In the ballpark for the type, maybe $30 overprice, hard to say with no pics or other information.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

Definitely a yey on getting a M39, so whether this one or a different one, if you like to shoot you will love the M39. If you can get some pictures we will be happy to look at em. I bought my one and only M39, a 1941 VKT, from a shop in California, and I am in Texas, and spent 300 plus 45 shipping including a Plano hard case. But that was several years ago. 400.00 is a common price for Sako, or more sometimes, but we still see the occasional cheaper great deal too.
Check these out:
Www.Gunsnammo.com
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

One rifle left on the list, a list that would hold 30+ rifles daily back a few years, plus antiques, and Soviet Mosins. I suggest getting while the getting is good even if you have to pay a little more, it's local, you can go pick it up in person.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Lotema

Post by Lotema »

I got my '41 Sako from them a few weeks ago for $369 and am quite happy with it. The ones they have on that list were just posted yesterday morning, so they move really quick. I expect they'll have another 10 or so posted up in the next day or so.
Lotema
Argue for your limitations, and sure enough they're yours. -- Richard Bach
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

I say it is close. If it is an SKy then really close. I would hate to tell you what I paid for my 3. :shock: :lol: But then I would be outdone by others here too. I am glad I got mine when I did. ;mywink;
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

He sent me a link and it is not a SKy but it is a nice looking 44 wartime stock Sako.
Pureform

Post by Pureform »

Now I don't know if it's worth me buying it or not... my answer from bunky and junyard was like ehhh it's ok...doesn't sound like an exciting deal that if I have patience I can find better...
vblue42

Post by vblue42 »

Personally I have no problem paying up to 400 dollars for a good M39 and will be doing so sometime around Friday morning from Pat Burns outfit http://www.gunsnammo.com Don't get me wrong, Ill happily pay less but will gladly pay what the going rate is for such a specimen.
'56 SHE VZ52
'46 Izhevsk M44 Mosin Carbine
'44 Finnish VKT M39 Mosin
'40 Tula 91/30 Finn Capture
'44 K98 Mauser (Yugo Rework)
'43 Swiss K31
'45 Springfield M1 Garand
'43 Remington 1903A3
'43 Long Branch No.4 Mk.1*
'58 Madsen M47
VZ58 Folder With Beaver Barf
New Frontier/KAK AR15 5.56mm
Smith & Wesson M&P9
qz2026

Post by qz2026 »

PM sent
davesstuff1

Post by davesstuff1 »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
David M Gellatly
Savannah, GA. 31419
gellatlydave@yahoo.com
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

You do not have a FFL, are there a great many M39's available in shops around you? This could well be your only shot at buying a M39 that you can hold before you pay for it, these rifles are both climbing in price and decreasing in availability. I suggested buying it, I said I would have if it walked in my door. Is it the most special of M39's around, no, it's average, but it's a good solid wartime M39 and may be your only shot at one. Every single one of mine is a superior shooter.
Theodore Roosevelt
ckkone

Post by ckkone »

Yeah if its nice I wouldn't have a problem paying $400, I think that iraqverteran8888 youtube video has turned many new people onto the M39.
Chris K.
Pureform

Post by Pureform »

stock had gouges in couple places... Doesn't look good like in the pictures... he wanted $428 plus $5 background check and wouldn't budge... He also has from Marshalls mausers mosin sniper asking $950 and wouldn't budge... I don't deal with LGS like that they are crooks so I left...
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Stay away from that sniper, it's sounds like a Mitchells Mauser's fake. War used rifles will have things like worn blue and stock dings, all normal things on a millsurp.
Theodore Roosevelt
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

RUN FROM THE MITCHELLS CRAPOLA. Bunch of lying bullshiters and fake (cant say artists). Every last one of their rifles Is a faked up fake of a fake faked faker of a fake rifle. NEVER BUY A MITCHELL. (just my opinion your, experience may differ, void where prohibited)
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

Awwww, comon Des, tell the new members how you really feel.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
TopperT

Post by TopperT »

A "Fair" M39 is a good rifle. A "Great" M39 is a fantastic rifle, and an "Excellent" M39 is the single best shooting rifle of the WW II era IMHO........ (and many others in fact). They are THAT good.
"GO AND SMELL THE MOSINS"
zeebill

Post by zeebill »

Pureform wrote:stock had gouges in couple places... Doesn't look good like in the pictures... he wanted $428 plus $5 background check and wouldn't budge... He also has from Marshalls mausers mosin sniper asking $950 and wouldn't budge... I don't deal with LGS like that they are crooks so I left...
People who have prices that high or sell Mitchell's products of any kind are not on my Christmas list! :lol: :lol: Bill
vblue42

Post by vblue42 »

vblue42 wrote:Personally I have no problem paying up to 400 dollars for a good M39 and will be doing so sometime around Friday morning from Pat Burns outfit http://www.gunsnammo.com Don't get me wrong, Ill happily pay less but will gladly pay what the going rate is for such a specimen.
And here she is. These are pics from the sight so I will be posting personal pics when I get my hands on her.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
'56 SHE VZ52
'46 Izhevsk M44 Mosin Carbine
'44 Finnish VKT M39 Mosin
'40 Tula 91/30 Finn Capture
'44 K98 Mauser (Yugo Rework)
'43 Swiss K31
'45 Springfield M1 Garand
'43 Remington 1903A3
'43 Long Branch No.4 Mk.1*
'58 Madsen M47
VZ58 Folder With Beaver Barf
New Frontier/KAK AR15 5.56mm