Finn Rifle

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Vati66

Finn Rifle

Post by Vati66 »

Hi Folks,

I'm helping a buddy of mine out with this firearms collection. Basically I am just cleaning his rifles since he hasn't touched them in over 20 years. Well he has a Finn Mosin that I would like a little help with if you all could. I'm not sure what model it is, just know it's a Finn. It's built on a 1901 Izhevsk receiver with no date on the barrel, nothing but a SY and sn #. The sight is an old style with saw tooth like notches and when flipped up it has long rang type adjustments. The stock is held on with 1 thick band that is screwed threw the wood and 1 milled block on the front with a bayonet lug on it. Under the wood line I found this. Schweiz Industries-Gesellschaft
Neuhouser. So any ideas what I have here ?

I tried to link a photo but as is normal when using SkyDrive, it didn't work. I'll post the photo to Imageshack and post it here later this afternoon

Vati
zeebill

Re: Finn Rifle

Post by zeebill »

M28 with a Sig barrel, worth about $250 to $450 depending on the condition. Bill :o
Lee-online

Post by Lee-online »

M28
Look in the showcase for reference pictures.
Kollaa kestää
Vati66

Post by Vati66 »

Thank you guys. I'll pass that along to my friend. I'm sure after I get all the metal oiled up and wood cleaned with lemon oil, it will end up back in his safe never to see day light until I offer to take care of it again. He really does not take care of any of his guns. I offered to do this for him because it hurts me to the core knowing these firearms are not being maintained. I might be slightly OCD when it comes to this sort of thing

Vati
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

m28 on top and right :thumbsup:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
Vati66

Post by Vati66 »

Yep, it's a M28. Thanks
Ironnewt

Post by Ironnewt »

Vati66 wrote:Thank you guys. I'll pass that along to my friend. I'm sure after I get all the metal oiled up and wood cleaned with lemon oil, it will end up back in his safe never to see day light until I offer to take care of it again. He really does not take care of any of his guns. I offered to do this for him because it hurts me to the core knowing these firearms are not being maintained. I might be slightly OCD when it comes to this sort of thing

Vati
Don't feel bad, I'm that way myself with my neighbor. He left a shotgun that he had used while goose hunting in a fleece lined case . He stored it that way and when he took it out "To use it again" he found a rust covered mess. I was able to get it in working order but the blued finish was ruined.
Damn, I'll bet that's going to leave a mark! Probably hurt too!
"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms,
you know, like NASCAR drivers, so we could
identify their corporate sponsors."

"When I die, I want to be facing my enemies surrounded by their dead bodies and piles of spent brass"
"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Mark Twain