$100 N.E.W. M91

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
ZKend

$100 N.E.W. M91

Post by ZKend »

Ill leave these here. Thoughts?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Re: $100 N.E.W. M91

Post by Rongo »

You got screwed & ripped off. I feel bad for you... I'll take it off your hands; Here's a Hundie & send it to me. :devil2:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
jonnyboy091373

Post by jonnyboy091373 »

$100? Seriously? Where was this hiding?
Gsragtop

Post by Gsragtop »

Man with all the m91 posts today, i think I officially hate like 1/4 of this forum.. Lol

All I can say is wow, what a score.. Truly mind blowing.
racerguy00

Post by racerguy00 »

Hard to find Finned curved logo Westinghouse. But it has a "Bulgarian" pinecone stock stamp? That's interesting. Thats a great price!
On Facebook? Check out the non-sporter preservationist group at: OOOPS. Deleted by Facebook because it's evil to even discuss collectible firearms on social media these days.
ZKend

Post by ZKend »

The thing that struck me as odd is it is not [SA] stamped. Also any ideas on the serial number on top of the receiver?
racerguy00

Post by racerguy00 »

A Finn Civil Guard number maybe?
On Facebook? Check out the non-sporter preservationist group at: OOOPS. Deleted by Facebook because it's evil to even discuss collectible firearms on social media these days.
ZKend

Post by ZKend »

Heres a top view for ya'll
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jimpierce7

Post by jimpierce7 »

wow. Amazing.
racerguy00

Post by racerguy00 »

Spare handguard too???
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

racerguy00 wrote:Hard to find Finned curved logo Westinghouse. But it has a "Bulgarian" pinecone stock stamp? That's interesting. Thats a great price!
That is what I thought also. Nice. :vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
catcracker

Post by catcracker »

I don't know if I would have been able to control myself during the purchase. I think saying this is a great deal is an understatement. You must be living life correctly for Karma to hand you something this special.
:bravo: :bravo:
Cat
fintowin

Post by fintowin »

That's an unbelievable deal. You are the envy of Mosin collectors everywhere. :Drool1: :Drool1: :vcool:

That's the first time I've ever seen a number on the recieiver like that. I wonder what it is.
"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good."
-George Washington
qz2026

Post by qz2026 »

Lots of history in this one and what a mix-master of parts. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Extra handguard??? :beek: Heck that's worth what you paid for the rifle in some places. Actually, I think this is a Junker and you should immediately send it to me for further inspection and evaluation.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Bulgarian marked Balkan M91 for $200 less than it should have sold at a minimum. Was the seller on crack? That was a very good deal.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
ZKend

Post by ZKend »

I seem to luck out, and yet to have a purely Russian rifle. I now have 4 Mosin's Rifles:

1st being a 1904 Izhevsk M91/38
2nd Finnd 1941 Izhevsk M91/30 blued bolt, stacked front sight, prewar stock [SA] and D stamped sling hangers
3rd 1943 Izhevsk DDR M91/30, got it for $100 (got it because the serial # is the last 4 digits of my home phone number)
and now my 4th a NEW M91 with American, Russian, Finnish and Balkan/Bulgarian traits.

That was my year in Mosin collecting. Also managed to snag a Remington pre-model 10, j stevens 87A, 2 full AR builds and 1/2 of one, savage 17hmr, Springfield XDS, j stevens 5100 sXs, no1 mk3 BSA, beretta 950, 1898 Krag carbine.

So I think I need to spend more on Mosins next year and see if my luck is what it is :lol:
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

That is Russian rifle, it was just captured from a dead or surrendering Russian by the Bulgarians, or taken from one of Russia's Serbian allies by the Bulgarians.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
ZKend

Post by ZKend »

Im saying a rifle with no other visible lineage that just Russian.

This M91 also has Finn marked meters on rear sight, appears to be a Finn'd trigger/group and i would go out on a limb and say the number on top of the hex receiver is somehow Finn as well. Although no SA stamp. I also found copper shims on the bottom of the stock when i removed the magazine/trigger guard.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

That's easy, all you need do is buy one of the refurbished Soviet 91/30's, the most common of all Mosins, and the least expensive. These never left Russian hands, and are all Russian except in rare cases were a US, or French made parts slips in.
Theodore Roosevelt
ZKend

Post by ZKend »

I understand that. I had a plain jane 43 Izhevsk for about a week and i gave it to my brother. Im waiting for that particular Russian rifle to speak to me. I feel im on a good roll, if a spectacular Russian example would have presented itself im sure i wouldve gotten it, but im still waiting. Although i do have a nice "matching" 1926 5-line Tula 91/30 at my shop right now I might have to snag off my own shelf.