Just got home from a gun show here in PA.

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Gerry

Just got home from a gun show here in PA.

Post by Gerry »

Hi everyone, If you all are near Philly, actually Warminster PA. there is a good gun show happening. I saw many Mosin Nagant versions, along with 2 sellers that had crates of 54R for $175+ tax. I just picked up 100 rounds of surplus to try out before jumping in to the 880 crate. I hope I don't regret not getting the crate.

I also saw a cool Archangel rig with the 10 round mag. This was a real quality build and came along with the origional parts to put back to original......very cool......the butt stock with double adjustable cheek pad is neat.

There was also the knives, all kinds of guns, milsurp stuff etc.

Gerry
gurn

Re: Just got home from a gun show here in PA.

Post by gurn »

Not a bad price on the crate. Don't be tempted with the dark side. Stay away from Darth Bubba and his tactical Mosin stocks. If the dark side gets you it wont be long till you are chopping, hacking and drilling :big shock: Also welcome to the club.
Sé onr sverdar sitja hvass! - May your swords stay sharp!
BubbaDX

Post by BubbaDX »

How much were they selling the 880 round crates for? Around $200 for a gun show would be a decent price for a crate of ammo IMO.
"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants." - Albert Camus
gurn

Post by gurn »

Even here I'm seeing the can and crate prices at shows starting to drop. I think these guys bought a bunch and are getting tired of carting that heavy stuff back home.
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Get a crate it is just as good as any. :thumbsup:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
A1RADIOMAN

Post by A1RADIOMAN »

That is all I shoot just clean very well after.
You likely will be kicking yourself.
A1RADIOMAN
“Only the dead have seen the end of war.” Plato
Gerry

Post by Gerry »

I think you are right A1!.....I just got back from a walk in the snowy woods with my boy Tank, and I'm thinking of running back down, but it is getting late!.....$175 was the crate price.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

You should have bought the crate, two crates, three if you have someone to help you shlep them home. Stack em deep someplace, and know you will always have ammo available, even 50 years from now, if you need it. In the Spam can the stuff lasts longer than any of us will, even the Mosin Kid.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

Gerry wrote:I think you are right A1!.....I just got back from a walk in the snowy woods with my boy Tank, and I'm thinking of running back down, but it is getting late!.....$175 was the crate price.
Yeah that's a decent price but just make sure it's not the 40-50s leadcore surplus. It's ok and goes boom but has some problems with hard extraction and more than usual split cases. Make sure the ammo is 60s or older and you should be good at that price. The older, 40s-50s stuff was selling for considerably less when it was around. You can find lower priced deals delivered if you're patient. Save this link and check it often. http://gun-deals.com/list/ammo/7.62x54R

gurn

Post by gurn »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:You should have bought the crate, two crates, three if you have someone to help you shlep them home. Stack em deep someplace, and know you will always have ammo available, even 50 years from now, if you need it. In the Spam can the stuff lasts longer than any of us will, even the Mosin Kid.
" shlep" Thats a good word we don't see to often any more. We need to bring back some more of the old words. :shifty:
zeebill

Post by zeebill »

gurn wrote:
Junk Yard Dog wrote:You should have bought the crate, two crates, three if you have someone to help you shlep them home. Stack em deep someplace, and know you will always have ammo available, even 50 years from now, if you need it. In the Spam can the stuff lasts longer than any of us will, even the Mosin Kid.
" shlep" Thats a good word we don't see to often any more. We need to bring back some more of the old words. :shifty:

You obviously have no Jewish relatives or friends as that word is a staple of their slang words! Bill
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

gurn wrote:
That word may have started off among NY's Jewish population, but now it's just part of NY "speak" like Shmuck :lol: at least NY speak this close to NYC.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

I sure can't find cases for even close to that price in any store at any time for any reason. About 120.00 per can. I did find last year in Forth Worth at Military Gun Supply a can for 99.95, or a case for 190.00. I bought the single can and he gave me a free can opener. Nice guys there at MGS.
gurn

Post by gurn »

bunkysdad wrote:I sure can't find cases for even close to that price in any store at any time for any reason. About 120.00 per can. I did find last year in Forth Worth at Military Gun Supply a can for 99.95, or a case for 190.00. I bought the single can and he gave me a free can opener. Nice guys there at MGS.
The reason why the cans cost more there is because the cans are bigger in Texas. :thumbsup:
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

Yeah, I had to shrink it before it would fit in a old crate.:P
Gerry

Post by Gerry »

MrPeanut wrote:I went to the Warminster show early Sat morning. The lowest rice I saw was $200. Maybe they dropped them later in the day or Sunday.
yea Mr P. I'm finding the more I go the gun shows, and am lucky enuf to find what I want on Sunday, the better the price! Like everyone has eluded to.....no one wants to carry more junk home then they need! I got the price from a super nice older dude who was there with his wife in one of the front tables......he had a ton of surplus stuff!

FYI...I just talked to my buddy who went to the show out in western PA today......$175 for a crate out the door tax n all included.

G.
daveshady

Post by daveshady »

IF our vendor thru work would get them back instock im running $185.00 out the door on
ours. I want to get a couple for the END OF DAYS cause I only shoot non-corrosive ammo
at the range.
joe7170

Post by joe7170 »

$175 a crate OTD is a damn good price, I'd take all of them I could haul or afford.
RIP Kevin Carney. Your always in our hearts.