What's Your Best Purchase Of 2013?

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
wingspar

Re: What's Your Best Purchase Of 2013?

Post by wingspar »

I bought my first 3 Mosins this year. My favorite is my 1942 M38.

Gary
WIll Fly for Food... and More Ammo
jonnyboy091373

Post by jonnyboy091373 »

My best purchase of this year is my next one! :wink: but in all seriousness it was my lucky number 1968 m39.
RazorBurn

Post by RazorBurn »

My favorite Mosin purchase this year was also my only Mosin this year. A 1945 Izhevsk M44. My favorite purchase of the year though has to be my AX 41 all matching K98k Mauser. I've been very fortunate this year to add quite a few guns to my collection. Hopefully this year is the same for all of us!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Threadkiller extraordinaire...
neal45

Post by neal45 »

Here is my only purchase for 2013 but it filled the M91 SCW hole in my collection.

It is built on a 1920 Izhevsk receiver.

breckenridge

Post by breckenridge »

There are lot of gorgeous Finns here :thumbsup:

My best Mosin purchase this year was my '48 M44 in original, unrefurbished condition, which I've posted before. Its also a great shooter, doing about an inch, inch and a half at 50yds if I do my part. I've been a bit distracted from Mosins for the last few months with shotguns and car stuff, but I've been getting back into browsing Gunbroker and the local shops for the next one. Perhaps a Christmas present for myself :wink:

1933 M91/30 Izhevsk laminate
1948 M44 Izhevsk
1955 M44 Romanian
Gerry

Post by Gerry »

Cool thread! My first Mosin was just last week, but what a whirlwind week of learning it has been! So, My best purchase is my 1933
"Iz" Hex 91/30...... first Mosin/surplus/military item. And..........we all know it won't be the last :devil2:

Gerry
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Judi and her Mosins

Post by Judi and her Mosins »

:soapbox:
Ok, I am glad that I finally seen a post by Millman I was getting worried about you, anf gurn you know your Avatar keeps you special. Ok, for all the new mebers of later I would like to say Welcome to the RMNF :thumbsup:

Oh, my best purchase of 2013,....that can be seen a number of ways for me first :attn: the yeaar is not over yet. So I,...might...have another one, or two surprises.

Now so to maybe get a few of the new members to go back and read some older threads. I like to do that when watching the old monster movies. JYD is scared of those horror movies so thats my plan for him next year....keep is hush hush. also the youtube videos are excellent refreshers. I always watch them ..before I attempt to do something , I know, or should know. Cannot fix it once it is broken. :vsad:

Ok,..like I said ,...my best purchase of 2013,..so far.

:beek: :vconfused:

:beek: :beek: :beek:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =367299376

.....and for your further reading.....

:beek: :biggrin: :vconfused:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=16129&hilit=pine+tar+bubba

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=16459

.....Not yet....read on..... :brolleyes:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=16356

.....oh hum hum.....read on.... :brolleyes:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=16600

...now to shameless copy attempt at RMNF member Spaxspore, seen your pictures, very nice :Drool1: :thumbsup:

...and behold Merry Men of RMNF...1896 Sestoryetsk, Judi's Finn Mix-Master :biggrin:

.Now, the year is not over with,...and Judi took another :brolleyes: week off work. :biggrin: So, I'll let that be said :attn: went out on a run no estate sales, acutally it was +12 with a wind chill 0ff -5 . But, I did make a gun show today, and am going to see the FFL's store monday, good enough reason to take a week off.

I want to give Millman a person hand :udaman: :bravo: for putting a stern final warning to the "bubba' nonsense. Also, since I'll be off. I decided to compose a "Judi's Twelve days of Christmas" and also...Another game show. so I got a few secerts also. :vconfused: :beek:

Maybe, ...a ..."prize". :brolleyes: :beek: :vconfused: :vcool: :pointleft: Judi and her Mosin's ;mywink;
And will you succeed? Yes indeed, yes indeed! Ninety-eight and three-quarters percent guaranteed!”
Dr. Seuss quote
husker51

Post by husker51 »

For 2013 it was my first Finn.Image

Got her in January. 1941 Sako M39 Puolustuslaitos.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."
- Dwight D. Eisenhower (1890-1969), Inaugural Address, January 20, 1953
gurn

Post by gurn »

A real beauty Husker
Sé onr sverdar sitja hvass! - May your swords stay sharp!
Lotema

Post by Lotema »

gurn wrote:A real beauty Husker
:pointup: I second that! Very nice! :vcool:
Lotema
Argue for your limitations, and sure enough they're yours. -- Richard Bach
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

My favorite 2 anyway. Was a long road to get the m27 and then an m28 and m24 appeared out of thin air (from a buddy up north).
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
Capybara

Post by Capybara »

There are some amazingly cool rifles in this thread, mine pales in comparison. This rifle was my best purchase of 2013 simply because it is my first Finn, an M39 1968 No Make. It has a few plugs and patches but I really, really love it and I think it is beautiful. I am realizing now I wish I would have started collecting Finns, then added a few Russians, the Finns take Mosins to a who other level.

bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

Capybara, I don't think your rifle pales in comparison to anything at all. You got a very nice looking m39, and I know what you mean about the Finns being very special.:P
8X56R

Post by 8X56R »

Having only picked up one rifle in the Mosin family this year it will be my M27.
qz2026

Post by qz2026 »

That's a tough decision. There's the 1902 Izhevsk M91/38 or the 1924 Izhevsk M91/59 with the 1998 receiver. But best has to go to the 1953 Hungarian M-52
Miller Tyme
PE - PEM - PU
PE - PEM - PU

Post by Miller Tyme »

My original all matching 1936 Tula Simonov Trials Rifle

“The only real power comes out of a long rifle" - Joseph Stalin
husker51

Post by husker51 »

:Drool1: :Drool1: :Drool1: There is some good stuff to look at in this post! :vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."
- Dwight D. Eisenhower (1890-1969), Inaugural Address, January 20, 1953
gurn

Post by gurn »

This thread just keeps getting better and better!
Sé onr sverdar sitja hvass! - May your swords stay sharp!
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

Good Lord Miller Tyme, I think you are correct! That's the best.
tiberium51

Post by tiberium51 »

Mine is nothing special (even compared to some of the other ones posted) but it is my only purchase this year and my first: my red letter 42 Izhevsk all matching including bayonet.

1942 - Izhevsk Red Letter /25\ 91/30 РВ4363 all matching including bayonet (my baby)
1940 - Izhevsk 91/30 (bubba got ahold of it, waiting to be rebuilt)
[] Front Sight
[x] Rear Sight
[] Stock