8x57mm Mauser ammo

Reloading and any ammunition discussions are here.
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Re: 8x57mm Mauser ammo

Post by millman »

MM, what rifle are you loading for?
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
MuzzleMarc

Post by MuzzleMarc »

1888 Turkish Mauser
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

8-)
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
MuzzleMarc

Post by MuzzleMarc »

@Millman

Is something wrong with my answer? :)
Please tell me what information you need.

MuzzleMarc
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

No your answer was fine. That is a "Cool" smilie. I was just curious as to why you had to go through the trouble of reloading .318 bullets. You obviously know what you what you are doing, and I had nothing to add, so 8-) (Cool) :)

C. S. Lewis
MuzzleMarc

Post by MuzzleMarc »

Thx Millman :wink:

MuzzleMarc
Josh Smith
ban is not due to his product
ban is not due to his product

Post by Josh Smith »

MuzzleMarc wrote:Hello fellow members

Yesterday I finally received my .318 undersized Mandrel from Lee for my 8x57mm Mauser ammo.
Today I wanted to make my first ammo for my Mauser as I realized following:
The max. overall length for this ammo with a .323 bullet is 82.55mm according to the chart (I use a .318 bullet). To accomplish this length the .318 bullet barely touches the neck of the bullet and it's falling out.
Approx. 77mm is to accomplish when it touches the marks on the bullet. Would this be ok?
I hope somebody can help me with this problem.

MuzzleMarc
Hello,

What type and grain bullets are you using? What rifle?

Regards,

Josh
MuzzleMarc

Post by MuzzleMarc »

Hello Josh

150grn Spitzer for my 1888 Turkish Mauser

MuzzleMarc