Showcase Submission/1960 Chinese T53, #'s matching

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Miller Tyme
PE - PEM - PU
PE - PEM - PU

Showcase Submission/1960 Chinese T53, #'s matching

Post by Miller Tyme »

Since 1960 was the last year for production of any Mosin Nagant, and it is the year I was born this one just screamed for me to buy it. It’s a Numbers matching 1960 Chinese Type 53 carbine that isn’t import marked. The rifle has more than it’s fair share of pitting and rust, so much so the # on the butt plate is illegible, but with a matching numbered stock it is a safe bet the but plate is original also. The stock shows it’s fair share of water damage along with the normal dings and dents of any 52+ year old rifle, and it is missing one of it’s forearm sling escutcheons. All in all a rifle that has that been there and done it look, just right for my collection.

“The only real power comes out of a long rifle" - Joseph Stalin
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Showcase Submission/1960 Chinese T53, #'s matching

Post by Rongo »

That one sure did get rode hard. :shock:

But I like it. :thumbsup:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
Miller Tyme
PE - PEM - PU
PE - PEM - PU

Post by Miller Tyme »

Rongo wrote:That one sure did get rode hard. :shock:

But I like it. :thumbsup:
Thanks Ron, there is a story that came with the gun, but without any documentation to back it up it is just a story. :brolleyes:
BuckeyeSgt

Post by BuckeyeSgt »

Considering its beat up that much still matching and a harder year to find.... :Drool1: :thumbsup:
Некто кроме нас
US Army 90-94 98G Russian
Army Reserves 94-98 37F
Judi and her Mosins

Post by Judi and her Mosins »

:soapbox:
I have to cast another vote ... :thumbsup: Very nice, Let's here the story. everyone likes a good Mosin story to go with the rifle. As many as you have I am sure you have side notes on them. Really nice China Mosin :Drool1: :thumbsup: Judi and her Mosin's ;mywink;
And will you succeed? Yes indeed, yes indeed! Ninety-eight and three-quarters percent guaranteed!”
Dr. Seuss quote
racerguy00

Post by racerguy00 »

First matching 1960 I remember seeing. With that date and condition its not hard to guess the story..and it looks the part. Got my vote. Last year of new mosin production...that we know of
On Facebook? Check out the non-sporter preservationist group at: OOOPS. Deleted by Facebook because it's evil to even discuss collectible firearms on social media these days.
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Nice :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :vcool: :vcool:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

Nice going MT. In your travels you might want to stop by the gun shop and check out the Norinco SKS we have. It looks to be one of the best I have ever seen. I have been fighting off the little demons that make it call out my name to buy it. I am there Tuesdays, Friday and Saturdays.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
Miller Tyme
PE - PEM - PU
PE - PEM - PU

Post by Miller Tyme »

Longcolt44 wrote:Nice going MT. In your travels you might want to stop by the gun shop and check out the Norinco SKS we have. It looks to be one of the best I have ever seen. I have been fighting off the little demons that make it call out my name to buy it. I am there Tuesdays, Friday and Saturdays.
I have been trying to get over to your side of town but they keep sending we south and west, but I think I can arange a detour on Friday to see you and Ron.
Maybe I can get Ron to sell me that fugly 1895 Winchester ;mywink;
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Dan4good

Post by Dan4good »

i like it my wife is gona hit that new fleet farm again and i said pick me up another mosin while there i hope its another chinese t53
qz2026

Post by qz2026 »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Nice. Boy that baby was rode hard. :beek: I imagine there is a good story behind that one. I can see it splashing around the rice paddies in RVN.

I've got a '60 T-53 matching too. My butt plate is blank but, as with yours, the stock is matching. I won't hijack your post with it, maybe I'll put it out on a separate post. My s/n is a C48xx series.
Vendetta

Post by Vendetta »

Whew that is a beat pup... I love it! Nice looking rifle!
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

Yeah, rice paddies, deep jungle, deep down in the underground tunnels, it is practically speaking for itself. Where did you ever find it? Did you just walk into some store and like it looking back at you?
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
Miller Tyme
PE - PEM - PU
PE - PEM - PU

Post by Miller Tyme »

bunkysdad wrote:Yeah, rice paddies, deep jungle, deep down in the underground tunnels, it is practically speaking for itself. Where did you ever find it? Did you just walk into some store and like it looking back at you?
Thanks everyone, I found it on GB Bunkysdad, the seller was told it was a bringback, it looks the part, but without documentation it is just a story. My angle was the year and being all matching.

qz2026 go ahead and post your 1960, i would like to see it and compair it with mine. :thumbsup:
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

If they had made them for just 1 more year I could be looking for a 1961, the year I was born.
walnut red

Post by walnut red »

If that is the one that closed recently I was the second highest bidder. I think it's well worth what you paid and the only reason I backed out is I've made three other purchases in the last two weeks and need to pace myself ;-D. I was hoping someone from the forum won that carbine.
Miller Tyme
PE - PEM - PU
PE - PEM - PU

Post by Miller Tyme »

walnut red wrote:If that is the one that closed recently I was the second highest bidder. I think it's well worth what you paid and the only reason I backed out is I've made three other purchases in the last two weeks and need to pace myself ;-D. I was hoping someone from the forum won that carbine.
Thanks Red, it closed late last week, thought it was a bargin for the money. Seller was great to deal with.