New SKS

Discussion of the SKS platform of semi auto rifles

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
Vendetta

New SKS

Post by Vendetta »

Hey guys, I traded a Steyr M95 with some ammo for this...

Its unfired, everything looks brand new. Ignore the scope mount, I wont use that, it was just a freebie. My question is I was thinking of picking up some of the "duckbill" mags. Worth it? Is there a brand to stick with? Im new to SKSs so any help would be appreciated.
Judi and her Mosins

Re: New SKS

Post by Judi and her Mosins »

:soapbox:
I would stay with the Ten, they use stripper clips. Makes you aim more rather then shooting faster. Just my two cents. Judi and her Mosin's ;mywink;
And will you succeed? Yes indeed, yes indeed! Ninety-eight and three-quarters percent guaranteed!”
Dr. Seuss quote
Vendetta

Post by Vendetta »

Judi and her Mosins wrote::soapbox:
I would stay with the Ten, they use stripper clips. Makes you aim more rather then shooting faster. Just my two cents. Judi and her Mosin's ;mywink;
Well after a bit more research on 922r compliance that is my plan. I am not an assault rifle kind of guy and you have to go all bubba to make it compliant with the 20 rounders. No thanks.
Gsragtop

Post by Gsragtop »

Wow that's a great trade !!
Lotema

Post by Lotema »

:pointup: Very good trade for sure! Great looking SKS!
Lotema
Argue for your limitations, and sure enough they're yours. -- Richard Bach
Buckhead

Post by Buckhead »

I would have to agree with Judi and her mosins stick wit the stripper clips that's what they were designed fore. believe me I tried a few with the AKA magazines and
never found one that worked well. I guess if it was set up at the arsenal with the 20 round mags it may be a different story.
Vendetta

Post by Vendetta »

Lotema wrote::pointup: Very good trade for sure! Great looking SKS!
Thanks guys. I was a little shocked when he offered the trade but jumped right on it. He even drove to me and threw in 200 rounds to "even up the trade". I wasnt about to debate. Im going to keep it all stock, maybe throw it back on armslist to fish around and keep saving for my AK.
Dan4good

Post by Dan4good »

you came out ahead on that deal for sure good job
JoeR

Post by JoeR »

I'd do that deal all day long !!! :Drool1: WTG and congrats. The SKS is a fun rifle. :D
If at first you don't succeed, reload and try again.