New guy here

All collectible military bolt rifles are discussed here. From all countries around the world.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
Vendetta

New guy here

Post by Vendetta »

Hey guys. Happy to be here. I am the only Mosin addict I know, so thought I would find my way to some like minded bretheren. Here is a picture of my milsurp collection thus far, I bought my first firearm in February of this year. This pic doesnt include my modern firearms. :grin:Image
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: New guy here

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Welcome to the board, M1, nice, I had a serious M1 collecting disease back in the day, now however skyrocketing prices have slowed me up a bit :) Good collection, you are off to a great start :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
redspoon

Post by redspoon »

Vendetta :welcome3: to the forum, nice M1, straight pull M95 and a couple 91/30's looks like one is a laminate stock. Oh and the fire breathing M44, looks like you're off to a hell of a start. :thumbsup: :vcool:
TulaTom

Post by TulaTom »

Looks good. :thumbsup:
Vendetta

Post by Vendetta »

redspoon wrote:Vendetta :welcome3: to the forum, nice M1, straight pull M95 and a couple 91/30's looks like one is a laminate stock. Oh and the fire breathing M44, looks like you're off to a hell of a start. :thumbsup: :vcool:
Thanks guys! The M1 was a childhood desire that was put on hold when I went through my fast cars phase. I sold one of my cars, bought my first firearm and the rest is history.

The Garand is a 43 built Springfield with a 51 rebarrel and it is my unicorn. I adore it.

The three Mosins, from top tp bottom, a 38 Izhevsk round receiver (my first milsurp, sentimental thing), a 32 Tula hex that was rearsenaled into a laminate stock. These laminate stocks are unbelievably pretty. And ths m44 is a post war built 46 m44 that has no import marks and no rearsenal, all original.
lalunette

Post by lalunette »

Very nice collection... thx for sharing !!
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Nice rifles. Welcome to the forum :thumbsup:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
shoto2758

Post by shoto2758 »

:welcome2: :Gjob:
Looking Good..
:thumbsup:
Do Not Think Of Winning.
Think,Rather,Of Not Losing

Gichin Funakoshi
kamakazi339

Post by kamakazi339 »

welcome to the forum. Seems to me you have the bug. We all have it ;) If you have questions ask ask ask and again welcome
Judi and her Mosins

Post by Judi and her Mosins »

:soapbox:
Welcome, Very nice collection. I also seen that M-1 also. Like to see more pictures ofthe Mosins'. Judi and her Mosin's ;mywink;
And will you succeed? Yes indeed, yes indeed! Ninety-eight and three-quarters percent guaranteed!”
Dr. Seuss quote
gurn

Post by gurn »

Welcome to the family :hunter:
Sé onr sverdar sitja hvass! - May your swords stay sharp!
8X56R

Post by 8X56R »

Welcome to the forum... Gotta love a M95...
polymerase2

Post by polymerase2 »

What's next? Chinese, British, Swiss, SKS.......
We have met the enemy and he is us.
Ironnewt

Post by Ironnewt »

Welcome aboard and keep us posted. :thumbsup:
Damn, I'll bet that's going to leave a mark! Probably hurt too!
"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms,
you know, like NASCAR drivers, so we could
identify their corporate sponsors."

"When I die, I want to be facing my enemies surrounded by their dead bodies and piles of spent brass"
"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

awesomeinforensics

Post by awesomeinforensics »

Welcome :!:
1925r Izhevsk ex Dragoon
1934 Tula 91/30
1943 Izhevsk 91/30
Winchester Model 1873 circa 1886
NRA Life Member

Gentlemen there are 2 "finks" among us!
Vendetta

Post by Vendetta »

polymerase2 wrote:What's next? Chinese, British, Swiss, SKS.......
Next will be an AK variant as I dont have any mag fed shtf guns. Then back to the WWII era with a Nagant revolver most likely.
gurn

Post by gurn »

good choices. look at the VZ-58 or the less expensive but well made VZ-2008. I think Centerfire has them.
Vendetta

Post by Vendetta »

gurn wrote:good choices. look at the VZ-58 or the less expensive but well made VZ-2008. I think Centerfire has them.
Thanks for the heads up. Centerfire appears to have the VZ-2008 on thsir site. My other one I have been looking at is the Romanian WASR. I know they have a bad rep, but nobody can seem to pinpoint why besides occasional canted sights and mag wobble. I have leaned more that way because I like the fixed stock.
Vendetta

Post by Vendetta »

Judi and her Mosins wrote::soapbox:
Welcome, Very nice collection. I also seen that M-1 also. Like to see more pictures ofthe Mosins'. Judi and her Mosin's ;mywink;
Ask and you shall receive...

ImageImageImageImageImage
gurn

Post by gurn »

I have the VZ-2008 and it has been flawless and accurate. I don't have an AK but I let a few guys at the gun club that have AKs shoot my VZ and they all really liked it. Some of them even said they liked it better than the AK. They had me give them info on where to get one. I keep mine ready to go beside my bed just in case.