Mosin Nagant Pistol

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
yoy543

Mosin Nagant Pistol

Post by yoy543 »

I was online a few days ago and i say a mosin nagant revolver for $109 dollars and i thought to myself hmmm matching pistol for my rifle seemed like a good idea so i showed it to my dad and told him i was planning to get it but he has a thing aiginst revolvers and he says it would be inaccurate and the ammo would run me broke. well ive never shot a revolver but i think they are a beutiful weapon and i dont have a pistol in the home and i love shooting small arms. so how is the mosin nagant revolver are they a good gun or is it a peace of junk.
avenger

Re: Mosin Nagant Pistol

Post by avenger »

Its not a mosin nagant revolver...its a NAGANT revolver..made by leon nagant's (one of the guys that helped make the mosin) brother.
-John
"Hunting small animals is easy. You shoot at them with this and it lights them on fire and cooks them before you even get to them" -Me when showing picture of M44
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

They are surprisingly accurate, but the proper ammo IS pricey. It is hard to beat a piece of history for $109 though.
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Dad is right on both counts, but you have to explain to him that it's about the history, not the accuracy or the shooting. For shooting pleasure or self defence the 1895 Nagant revolver would be near the bottom of the list, I just love the 19th century look and the history of them . Revolvers in general, like a S&W Model 10 .38 special, or a Ruger GP100 .357 Magnum are both accurate and highly reliable.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
mogunner

Post by mogunner »

They are collector pieces primarily although a lot of people shoot them, some reckon the trigger pull to being close to 18 lbs though :big shock: but as many have said, these are about the history behind them as well. That seems to be about the standard price now.
BuckeyeSgt

Post by BuckeyeSgt »

What a kawinki dink I just picked one up about an hour ago. Will post it soon.
Некто кроме нас
US Army 90-94 98G Russian
Army Reserves 94-98 37F
Fletch48

Post by Fletch48 »

Ordered mine from AIM the same time as my mn hex. It is cool looking and fun to play with. I am not able to hit anything with it though. If I ever get use to the heavy trigger pull, my aim might improve. Great collector piece and the price is unbeatable.
“Politicians are like diapers. They both need changing regularly and for the same reason.”
etprescottazusa91

Post by etprescottazusa91 »

That kind of history is worth $109.00 any day. As far as accuracy, mine shoots about three feet to the left, perhaps I just have one that's not so accurate. These are not really shooters but great historical pieces, and where else can you get a military handgun with that much history for $109.00 get it while you still can.
"Fast is fine, But accuracy is everything" Wyatt Earp

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
Adolph Hitler – 1933
BuckeyeSgt

Post by BuckeyeSgt »

I think the trigger pull on these is comparable to the weight of an old Buick.
Некто кроме нас
Army Reserves 94-98 37F
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

What Buick? My last Buick was a 1967 Electra 225 Convertible, with the 430 engine it would move like a rocket sled, 0-100 faster than I could notice.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
BuckeyeSgt

Post by BuckeyeSgt »

I'm just saying if you could lift that car with an index finger you should have no problem with the trigger pull on a Nagant. :lol: :sad:
Некто кроме нас
Army Reserves 94-98 37F
etprescottazusa91

Post by etprescottazusa91 »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:What Buick? My last Buick was a 1967 Electra 225 Convertible, with the 430 engine it would move like a rocket sled, 0-100 faster than I could notice.
JYD I took my first driving test behind the wheel in a silver 66 Electra 225 with the 445 Wildcat under the hood. I still have the owners manual to that old car. :brolleyes:
"Fast is fine, But accuracy is everything" Wyatt Earp

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
Adolph Hitler – 1933
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

I almost got one yeterday on this last order I placed. I looked through all other stuff too, the 9mm Walther P1, Polish Random and even contemplated the FX45 Thunderbolt since I have a case of .45 ACP I only bought because I couldn't pass up the price. At least that one would be a caliber I have. I bought that ammo and don't even own a .45, lol. Reason set in and I decided on the 4 mosins instead. That's all I need is another firearm of a caliber I don't have. I do on the other hand have Lots of 54R. :D
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

etprescottazusa91 wrote:That kind of history is worth $109.00 any day. As far as accuracy, mine shoots about three feet to the left, perhaps I just have one that's not so accurate. These are not really shooters but great historical pieces, and where else can you get a military handgun with that much history for $109.00 get it while you still can.
These were not made for accuracy, you didn't have to aim when you put it behind bad Ivans' ear.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
Alden

Post by Alden »

Get one. It's a cool collector's piece, and it's accurate enough.

Shoot it single action and the trigger is fine.
Some people are like slinkies....

They are not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when pushed down a flight of stairs.

Miller Tyme
PE - PEM - PU
PE - PEM - PU

Post by Miller Tyme »

“The only real power comes out of a long rifle" - Joseph Stalin
yoy543

Post by yoy543 »

one more question then how are the russian makrov pistols
BuckeyeSgt

Post by BuckeyeSgt »

yoy543 wrote:one more question then how are the russian makrov pistols
Sweet! A lot of fun to shoot.
Некто кроме нас
Army Reserves 94-98 37F
pacanis

Post by pacanis »

Miller Tyme wrote:Image
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Should have gone to RGUNS :lol:
You see in this world there are two kinds of people my friend, those with loaded guns... and those who dig. You dig.
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

Now pacanis that was a good one! If I didn't own any handguns and wanted to do a god bit of shooting I'd probably pass. On the other hand why not get the Nagant, some alternate ammo in .32 , & then shortly thereafter look for another handgun to shoot more often.

Ya gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?~ Josey Wales