AIM At It Again With Laminate M91/30 with Tula Hand Pick Opt

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Alden

Re: AIM At It Again With Laminate M91/30 with Tula Hand Pick

Post by Alden »

Nice.

It was from the current batch they are selling?
Some people are like slinkies....

They are not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when pushed down a flight of stairs.

dou44

Post by dou44 »

yes from this last batch.
mosinmike17

Post by mosinmike17 »

Again, reason 999 I need my federal license. I need this! ugh (119=200 after fees...it's time to bite the proverbial bullet and get to federal paperwork on payday)
“A man should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.” - Robert Heinlein
pacanis

Post by pacanis »

mosinmike17 wrote:Again, reason 999 I need my federal license. I need this! ugh (119=200 after fees...it's time to bite the proverbial bullet and get to federal paperwork on payday)
Why so many fees? I just pay the transfer fee, which is 20 bucks at the closest gun shop. Not any sales tax.
You see in this world there are two kinds of people my friend, those with loaded guns... and those who dig. You dig.
Alden

Post by Alden »

Maybe he lives in a commie state like Kaliphornia... ?
Some people are like slinkies....

They are not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when pushed down a flight of stairs.

mosinmike17

Post by mosinmike17 »

pacanis wrote:
mosinmike17 wrote:Again, reason 999 I need my federal license. I need this! ugh (119=200 after fees...it's time to bite the proverbial bullet and get to federal paperwork on payday)
Why so many fees? I just pay the transfer fee, which is 20 bucks at the closest gun shop. Not any sales tax.
I called (my people, not AIM) and they said that was their company policy on the fee. I'm calling around. There's no way I should have to pay 80 bucks to get one shipped into las vegas.

Close enough to Kalifornia, but not that close. :)

If I find a way to do it for under 50 bucks extra, I will. Then, next purchase, I will hopefully be getting my licenses..especially with Nagant revolvers going for 120...
“A man should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.” - Robert Heinlein
pacanis

Post by pacanis »

I saw a bunch of those revolvers at the recent gun show. I think when I buy my first collectible handgun it will be either a Makarov or Tokarov.
You see in this world there are two kinds of people my friend, those with loaded guns... and those who dig. You dig.
mosinmike17

Post by mosinmike17 »

pacanis wrote:I saw a bunch of those revolvers at the recent gun show. I think when I buy my first collectible handgun it will be either a Makarov or Tokarov.
I really want a Makarov. Tokarov's are pretty expensive now adays from what I have seen, but I could only have seen some extremely good ones or just a bad dealer booth.

I like revolvers. I think Patton style grips, if one could locate them for the Nagant and had 3 or 4 with 1 to spare like that, it would be an epic add on. (Although I'm not sure if that permanently has to be done or if it could be changeable..not that the history is AS crucial on them)

There are 3 hand guns I have to own in my time, simply because my eyes seemingly have been trained to spot them from miles since 4th grade when I really got into WWII era stuff:

Nagant revolver, Walther P38, And of course, the M1911. (For outside era bonus maybe a Desert Eagle to mess around with, since all the kids rave over Israeli guns these days.)

I own 0 at the moment. Rifle collection has preference.
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

dou44 wrote:yes from this last batch.
These rifles in this ad were just put up for sale yesterday. I talked to Bryan at AIM today and he told me they got in about 500 of them and 150 or so were Tula's.
dou44

Post by dou44 »

i got this one around 2 weeks ago from a local shop that had just got them in from aim .i got to take them out of the boxes to see what they looked like.mine was the only lam stock they had out of the 6 rifles that came in that day.it was not special ordered .they ordered 3 hex rifles and got 1 the rest were round,the other 2 are on back order.rifle was proably overlooked for what it was when it got boxed from the importer.
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

dou44 wrote:i got this one around 2 weeks ago from a local shop that had just got them in from aim .i got to take them out of the boxes to see what they looked like.mine was the only lam stock they had out of the 6 rifles that came in that day.it was not special ordered .they ordered 3 hex rifles and got 1 the rest were round,the other 2 are on back order.rifle was proably overlooked for what it was when it got boxed from the importer.
Well that's a bonus gun then, nothing wrong with that. Did the gunshop know what it was and charge you extra or did you manage to skate?
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

Oh I forgot to mention. I got one too. Well I actually got 4, Tula's and handpicked best of. It begins again, a new Weldon's update thread I guess. I couldn't resist. These are definitely special and I wanted to have a few backups. Now I need more racks. :wink:
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:lol: :lol: :lol: I will be waiting for that update :)
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

I KNEW IT..I KNEW IT....Just as i suspected Weldon. So did you get all tulas? or half luck of the draw?.................You need your C&R for sure. :biggrin: :biggrin:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
MN Fan

Post by MN Fan »

I'll go start the popcorn :roll:

lol, that's great Weldon! I was wondering since you posted this what you had in mind. Now we know :)
You're purchase last time was what inspired me...we'll see where this one goes!

Awesome! Can't wait for the unveiling :)
Cocked, locked and ready to rock...
pacanis

Post by pacanis »

I had a hunch he wasn't going to get just one :biggrin:
Can't wait to see all the markings and such.
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

I just couldn't let this go. I kept looking at them and the fact that they're laminates. You just never really see them that much. There's two other places selling laminates right now, J&G and Centerfire and they want more for them. All 4 of them are going to be Tula's and and I asked for them to be handpicked also but I'm not sure what's going to happen there. I called first to talk to Bryan about some other things and told him I was going to get these. When we finished the converstaion he told me to email him the order number when I bought them, so I did and he'd take care of me.

One thing I talked to him about was the items our advertisers have for sale. If you guys are reading this, Josh, Todd and Bruce you may be getting a call or email. Depends on whether he thinks they're something they want to carry. I told him you're selling all these Mosins, some Mosin specific accessories would be a nice touch. One other thing. I asked about the snipers. I'll just say this here, he's waiting for the importers ok to go see check them out. I'll post more about them in the thread I started about the "New Sniper Source...Maybe" thread.
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

" Now all I need is a hex receiver, and a Finn, and I will have all the varieties I want. "

Nice try Alden trust me. I think I have heard that many times here on the forum. Usually just after they buy their 5th last mosin.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
dou44

Post by dou44 »

all the shop knows is that they are round and hex. they charge $10 more for a hex. i did not tell them what it was. i did have to show them the difference between a tula and Izhevsk.
Fletch48

Post by Fletch48 »

The temptation was just too strong. Had to place an order myself. First time to take the hand pick option. We'll see how that goes. Looks like there will be a lot of pictures posted soon. :D :D :D
“Politicians are like diapers. They both need changing regularly and for the same reason.”