Is This a Bubba, or Not? What Say You?

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Josh Smith
ban is not due to his product
ban is not due to his product

Re: Is This a Bubba, or Not? What Say You?

Post by Josh Smith »

Thanks guys. I'm not a strict preservationist like most of those here; I am still trying to decide where "Bubbaing" a rifle begins.

My 91/30 has shims, an improved, Finn-style M39 type trigger, and a few other goodies. Looks stock, but it shoots better than it ever did.

I don't consider it Bubba'd.

If I used duct tape and JB Weld to do these things, I'd consider it Bubba.

Thanks again, and I'll keep in touch!

Regards,

Josh
ponycarman

Re: Is This a Bubba, or Not? What Say You?

Post by ponycarman »

Too me anything reversible that doesn't destroy any of the firearms parts or design is fine. If it perminantly mods any parts original to the rifle its the work of bubba. On new commercial sporters its a different story though.
Let me make a short, open, blanket comment. There are no good guns. There are no bad guns. Any gun in the hands of a bad man is a bad thing. Any gun in the hands of a descent person is no threat to anyone--- except bad people. -- Charleton Heston

Guns are not good, they are not evil. Save those descriptions for the people holding the firearm. -- Unknown

1943 Izhevsk
1937 Izhevsk
1935/48/50 Tula (hex)
1939 Tula (laminate stock)
And many other firearms :D