Took a picture this morning.

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Chumlee Bumsnag

Re: Took a picture this morning.

Post by Chumlee Bumsnag »

audadvnc wrote:Fer sure. All that photo needs is twelve or so Tiger tanks emerging from the fog...
That raised the hair on the back of my neck. Beautiful picture. I think I need a moment like that to reconnect myself to what's important in life.
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

Mornings and scenes like that are why I used to duck hunt. Truly, the sounds of silence.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
klibben

Post by klibben »

martin08 wrote:I can just imagine that many a conscript was forced to view such a scene, 1939 -1945.
You mean 1891-1991? :wink: Great pic, love it!
"Si vis pacem, para bellum" - Flavius Vegetius Renatus (ca 390 AD)
sclinesr

Post by sclinesr »

Beautiful Pic. Might have to ste... er, I mean borrow it myself. :clap:
"A free people ought not only be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of Independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington
crwjr

Post by crwjr »

Beautiful pic my friend :toast: :toast:
”A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.”
~George Washington
Ironnewt

Post by Ironnewt »

martin08 wrote:I can just imagine that many a conscript was forced to view such a scene, 1939 -1945.

Actually I can't think of too many conditions where a Russian conscript would be advancing into a sunrise. Ivan marched West to Berlin, as i recall. Great Picture though. :biggrin:
Damn, I'll bet that's going to leave a mark! Probably hurt too!
"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms,
you know, like NASCAR drivers, so we could
identify their corporate sponsors."

"When I die, I want to be facing my enemies surrounded by their dead bodies and piles of spent brass"
"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

avenger

Post by avenger »

Man..i cant belive this...but im on the ranger forum with you as well! :mrgreen: It clicked when i saw the same picture twice...its a pretty darn sweet picture!
-John
"Hunting small animals is easy. You shoot at them with this and it lights them on fire and cooks them before you even get to them" -Me when showing picture of M44
Hlavinka

Post by Hlavinka »

Really Great Picture!
Izhevsk762

Post by Izhevsk762 »

:vcool: :vcool:
The user formerly known as mosinnagantm9130
Jumperwire
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Jumperwire »

Ironnewt wrote:

Actually I can't think of too many conditions where a Russian conscript would be advancing into a sunrise. Ivan marched West to Berlin, as i recall. Great Picture though. :biggrin:
Sunrise Sunset Dawn Dusk It's all Vanity in a still photo. :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek: :biggrin:

Good one BTW Ironnewt :clap: :clap:
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

Drago wrote:Awesome pic! I'm gonna step out on a limb and say that pic will probably not make the cover of "Life" magazine.
But it should.

Great picture! :vcool:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
youmightbearedneck

Post by youmightbearedneck »

Man, that pic is great!

Mosin's have a safety? Lol
:P
"Find out just what the people will submit to and you have found out the exact amount of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them; and these will continue until they are resisted with either words or blows, or with both. The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress." -- Frederick Douglass [Frederick Baily] (1818-1895), escaped slave, Abolitionist, author, editor of the North Star and later the New National Era
August 4, 1857
sclinesr

Post by sclinesr »

youmightbearedneck wrote:Man, that pic is great!

Mosin's have a safety? Lol
:P
Yea, go figure!? :)
"A free people ought not only be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of Independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington
Fred_G

Post by Fred_G »

Nice picture! If you have access to photo editing, playing around with the contrast and making it B&W or sepia might be fun.

Powerful image. I like it.
Jumperwire
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Jumperwire »

Fred_G wrote:Nice picture! If you have access to photo editing, playing around with the contrast and making it B&W or sepia might be fun.

Powerful image. I like it.
+1 love those B&W pics
Fred_G

Post by Fred_G »

I took the liberty to play around a bit with your photo. The B&W did not do very well. And they usually sepia toned the pictures anyway, keeps the silver from tarnishing on the photos..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jackson

Post by Jackson »

i love it.
We soldier on, not because we think we can win, but because we refuse to lose quietly.
pacanis

Post by pacanis »

That's pretty cool, Fred.
You see in this world there are two kinds of people my friend, those with loaded guns... and those who dig. You dig.
Fred_G

Post by Fred_G »

Thanks Jackson, you have given me some interesting ideas for some pictures. The depth of field on your photo is awesome!
Jackson

Post by Jackson »

Fred_G wrote:Thanks Jackson, you have given me some interesting ideas for some pictures. The depth of field on your photo is awesome!
cell phone camera, that's my special trick XD

tried to reproduce it with an SLR but i couldn't get it to focus the same, must need a special lens.
We soldier on, not because we think we can win, but because we refuse to lose quietly.