BBToH drops off a HEX

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
JAGGUY

BBToH drops off a HEX

Post by JAGGUY »

I didn't have a hex Mosin and when I saw Aim had them last week I figured it was time.
Ordered 5/16, tracking # on 5/17, arrived today 5/22. Can't beat that!

A 1926 ex dragoon, excellent bore & crown, all stamped matching.

I've gotten used to Century's guns being covered with gobs of cosmoline so it was a real treat to get a rifle that is 90% clean so that I could give it a quick inspection without needing to steam clean myself before I go into the house!

Anyway, only one picture so far...
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Re: BBToH drops off a HEX

Post by Longcolt44 »

You did good.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
Celt

Post by Celt »

Wow! Well done sir. They shipped my round receiver so fast it showed up before payday and had to tell the ffl I'd pick it up in a day....first time for everything. That's a beauty. looking forward to more pictures.
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
Winston Churchill

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
Joeinthehills

Post by Joeinthehills »

JAGGUY wrote:I didn't have a hex Mosin and when I saw Aim had them last week I figured it was time.
Ordered 5/16, tracking # on 5/17, arrived today 5/22. Can't beat that!

A 1926 ex dragoon, excellent bore & crown, all stamped matching.

I've gotten used to Century's guns being covered with gobs of cosmoline so it was a real treat to get a rifle that is 90% clean so that I could give it a quick inspection without needing to steam clean myself before I go into the house!

Anyway, only one picture so far...
Good purchase, I also love the HEX's w/ matching nos. after all these years.
Hell, it was made well before I was born and is in probably a better physical state than I am...
AIM has some very good stuff.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :vcool: :vcool:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
rideandslidejim

Post by rideandslidejim »

Very nice !!!

Jim
Member of the Lousy Spellers Of America Asso.
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Real nice. :Drool1: :Drool1: :Drool1: :thumbsup:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
buddhaboy
Location: Illinios, so close to the cheddar curtain I can smell it when they cut the cheese

Post by buddhaboy »

Nice hex, Great find congrats!
Titanium Hammer

Post by Titanium Hammer »

:Drool1: :Drool1: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Wow, that is beautiful! Congratulations! :Drool1: :thumbsup: :vcool:
Aircooled

Post by Aircooled »

Very nice. That's a keeper for sure! :thumbsup:
Ironnewt

Post by Ironnewt »

Glad you did well. I am having all manner of troble with the USPS. They say they left a note of "non-delivery" today, BUT the carrier did not have a package (I met him at the box) and the post office that handles my mail could not even find a record of it.
Damn, I'll bet that's going to leave a mark! Probably hurt too!
"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms,
you know, like NASCAR drivers, so we could
identify their corporate sponsors."

"When I die, I want to be facing my enemies surrounded by their dead bodies and piles of spent brass"
"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

The Feral Machinist

Post by The Feral Machinist »

Anyone notice the "T" in a circle stamped on the receiver? It'd be interesting to know the tang date and manufacturer of the receiver...
I love JESUS CHRIST OUR LORD AND SAVIOUR!
Ironnewt

Post by Ironnewt »

I saw that as well. that is a very nice looking rifle.
Damn, I'll bet that's going to leave a mark! Probably hurt too!
"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms,
you know, like NASCAR drivers, so we could
identify their corporate sponsors."

"When I die, I want to be facing my enemies surrounded by their dead bodies and piles of spent brass"
"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

JAGGUY

Post by JAGGUY »

The Feral Machinist wrote:Anyone notice the "T" in a circle stamped on the receiver? It'd be interesting to know the tang date and manufacturer of the receiver...
This rifle has a lot of stamps on the metal and the stock. I'm not up on the meaning of most of them but will try to check them out...
It will be Saturday before I get the stock off for a full cleaning. It's graduation time for the youngest grandson and tomorrow will be very busy indeed!

Thanks for all the compliments. I've been collecting C&R for a long time but got away from Mosins several years ago. I kept a really nice M-38 but sold off the others. I have 2 T-53 coming next Wednesday but I know they won't be in the condition this 91/30 is in....
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Most of the small stamps on the Mosin rifles are unknown. Lost to time, or the Russians simply will not say, they are not big about sharing any information regarding their small arms production.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
MarksmanTim

Post by MarksmanTim »

The Feral Machinist wrote:Anyone notice the "T" in a circle stamped on the receiver? It'd be interesting to know the tang date and manufacturer of the receiver...
The "T in a cirlce" is believed to be a Czech stamp. More commonly found on M91/38's.
Tim

Favorites of the collection:
1909 Ex-Cossack M91/38
1929 SIG M28 non updated
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Has anybody been able to document it?
Theodore Roosevelt
qz2026

Post by qz2026 »

Very nice. I have never been so fortunate to get an ex Dragoon when ordering a Hex. Seems like lots of guys do though :cry: . I love the stock stampings - the more the better. 'Course I think most of them were CYA stampings - damn commies...

I noticed the cleanliness of the AIM rifles too. No goo. Don't know what that means. I find it hard to believe that AIM cleans these rifles up before shipping but who knows?

Anyway, great buy. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: You'll like this rifle.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

All of the refurbs I bought between 2006-2009, more that 80 rifles, all were clean of grease, M38, M44, M91/59, M91/30. It's only in the last year and a half that I have been seeing refurbs slathered in grease.
Theodore Roosevelt
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

That is a beauty. It seems as if the Soviet gun makers had time to make the 20s rifles purdy. :D
Aut Pax Aut Bellum