My first Mosin...

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
breckenridge

Re: My first Mosin...

Post by breckenridge »

Veery nice, good find ! :thumbsup:

I need to find a good Polish one, and a Romanian, and... but I need to refinish some floors, fix some plumbing, etc on the new house first. I should get off GB for a while :lol:
1933 M91/30 Izhevsk laminate
1948 M44 Izhevsk
1955 M44 Romanian
fenceline

Post by fenceline »

The Hungarian arrived today. Already have the original rear sight back on it. I figured it was a mismatched gun and it is confirmed. The mag plate and receiver match but the bolt and stock shoulder plate have their own unique numbers. All good, will be a fine shooter.
fenceline

Post by fenceline »

The pair of them together...

[thumbnail]http://i783.photobucket.com/albums/yy11 ... d0e604.jpg[/thumbnail]

[thumbnail]http://i783.photobucket.com/albums/yy11 ... 3d6979.jpg[/thumbnail]
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

fenceline wrote:The Hungarian arrived today. Already have the original rear sight back on it. I figured it was a mismatched gun and it is confirmed. The mag plate and receiver match but the bolt and stock shoulder plate have their own unique numbers. All good, will be a fine shooter.
They were refurbished in Romania, my Hungarian has a Polish stock, Romanian magazine, and every other part is Hungarian 02 stamped. They matched the numbers with an electropencil and didn't even bother to scrub off the old numbers.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
fenceline

Post by fenceline »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:
fenceline wrote:The Hungarian arrived today. Already have the original rear sight back on it. I figured it was a mismatched gun and it is confirmed. The mag plate and receiver match but the bolt and stock shoulder plate have their own unique numbers. All good, will be a fine shooter.
They were refurbished in Romania, my Hungarian has a Polish stock, Romanian magazine, and every other part is Hungarian 02 stamped. They matched the numbers with an electropencil and didn't even bother to scrub off the old numbers.
No electro pen marks on mine. All parts are 02 marked. The receiver, mag, and bolt all start with a B but the shoulder stock plate starts with an A if that means anything.
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

It sure does. It means it is American and not for Canada. Send it right over the border and I will take charge of it. :thumbsup:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
fenceline

Post by fenceline »

desdem12 wrote:It sure does. It means it is American and not for Canada. Send it right over the border and I will take charge of it. :thumbsup:
Hahaha. I'm sure they just mispelled "Eh".... very much Canadian. The B is for "You aren't eh boot to get it."
Rangerflip

Post by Rangerflip »

Nice score. :Drool1:
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

:chuckles: :chuckles: :chuckles: Eh joost way noot? ... :beek:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
fenceline

Post by fenceline »

1947 Russian Izhevsk M44 bump... slowly building. This one is all matching, and was $200 and came with 15 rounds haha. I think not a bad price. The craziest part was I found it on a forum where it had been for sale since last September.

[thumbnail]http://i783.photobucket.com/albums/yy11 ... 800ae1.jpg[/thumbnail]
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

:vcool: :vcool:
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

fenceline wrote:1947 Russian Izhevsk M44 bump... slowly building. This one is all matching, and was $200 and came with 15 rounds haha. I think not a bad price. The craziest part was I found it on a forum where it had been for sale since last September.

Of course it was for sale since last year, the moment my two year search for that year M44 ended they started coming out of the woodwork everywhere. Good deal :thumbsup:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Aircooled

Post by Aircooled »

Nice rifles. :thumbsup: I haven't seen many of these carbines for sale up here, but Brian might know better?
fenceline

Post by fenceline »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:
fenceline wrote:1947 Russian Izhevsk M44 bump... slowly building. This one is all matching, and was $200 and came with 15 rounds haha. I think not a bad price. The craziest part was I found it on a forum where it had been for sale since last September.

Of course it was for sale since last year, the moment my two year search for that year M44 ended they started coming out of the woodwork everywhere. Good deal :thumbsup:
Still north of the border haha. Although I'm sure that might not stop you.
fenceline

Post by fenceline »

Aircooled wrote:Nice rifles. :thumbsup: I haven't seen many of these carbines for sale up here, but Brian might know better?
I've acquired all 3 of mine via various Canadian forums in the last 3 months. They are out there. I'm hoping Westrifle brings in theirs soon. Hoping for a M38 out of that bunch, and a Tula M44 if I'm lucky.

Of course, the Norinco/EMEI Type 97 that just got approved will be hitting shelves around August.

For any of you Americans that didn't yet realize you were missing out.... hehehe

[thumbnail]https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 9781_n.jpg[/thumbnail]

I still don't get to have an AK....
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Enjoy those pinned mags and 5 shots Fence! :o :lol:
fenceline

Post by fenceline »

desdem12 wrote:Enjoy those pinned mags and 5 shots Fence! :o :lol:
Ten shots. Ten. Don't tease, you almost had the same fate as us. Keep the fight up.

Mags designed and originally built as rifle mags are limited to 5.

Mags designed and originally built as pistol mags are limited to 10.

Mags designed and built to work in both are limited to 5.

Mags built for pistols, but just happen to fit into rifles by dumb luck, chance or otherwise are still good to go with 10 rounds.

Take a Glock 40 cal mag, pinned to ten. Built originally for 40 cal, but wait, fits 13 rounds of 9mm??? Yup, that is legal too as the mag was built for 9mm and is pinned to 10 9mm rounds.

Enter the LAR-15 pistol mags. Or the Robinson Arms XCR pistol mags.

Fits ten rounds, and fits any STANAG rifle just by chance. Go figure, ten round pistol mags that work in rifles, and have been confirmed by the Mounties as legal.

Now don't even get me started on how many rounds will fit in a Beowulf 50 cal made mag pinned to 5 rounds of 50 Beowulf. Lets just say, more than ten.

Don't make the rules, wish they were better, but there are legal ways here. The Type 97 coming to us takes any stanag mag, rifle or pistol.

ANYWAYS.............. I may have a Chinese Type 53 Carbine on the horizon, from Canada. Reports are it is missing a bayonet and is about as pretty as what is in the US. Will see how the hunt progresses. May take a couple of weeks.
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

All of these crazy laws. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Ironnewt

Post by Ironnewt »

fenceline wrote:

ANYWAYS.............. I may have a Chinese Type 53 Carbine on the horizon, from Canada. Reports are it is missing a bayonet and is about as pretty as what is in the US. Will see how the hunt progresses. May take a couple of weeks.
So I take it you are saying it's going to look like it was rode hard and put away wet?
Damn, I'll bet that's going to leave a mark! Probably hurt too!
"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms,
you know, like NASCAR drivers, so we could
identify their corporate sponsors."

"When I die, I want to be facing my enemies surrounded by their dead bodies and piles of spent brass"
"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

wolfstein

Post by wolfstein »

Great looking rifle. Congrats :vcool: :vcool: :Drool1: :thumbsup: