1898 Sestroryetsk SCW

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
racerguy00

Re: 1898 Sestroryetsk SCW

Post by racerguy00 »

Miller Tyme wrote:That is one cool SCW M91, 8-) I still need an M91 and a dragoon to round out my SCW group.
Not long ago I had to sell off some things, and one collector made me an offer for my SCW collection, dragoons, 22 Tula M91 and all. Time to start over I guess. :cry:
On Facebook? Check out the non-sporter preservationist group at: OOOPS. Deleted by Facebook because it's evil to even discuss collectible firearms on social media these days.
qz2026

Post by qz2026 »

Very cool :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: and another first for me. Usually you see the newer barrels with the old receivers. This is the first time I have seen a newer receiver on an older barrel.. :vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

The original receiver might have gotten shot up and they replaced it.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
clayshooter2

Post by clayshooter2 »

I'm really digging this rifle.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

They seem to dig them up every day in Russia from what I see on youtube :)
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
A_King89

Post by A_King89 »

Sweet rifle!! :Drool1:
“The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.”
― Thomas Jefferson

“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles.”
― Jeff Cooper, Art of the Rifle

:1934 Tula 91/30:
:1944 Izhevsk M44: