I'm at a loss for words on this "Mosin test"

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Rangerflip

Re: I'm at a loss for words on this "Mosin test"

Post by Rangerflip »

Gives a new meaning to the phrase "built like a brick s..t house". Wow
A_King89

Post by A_King89 »

Something wrong with being country?? Lol and tbh I've had to carry an M4 for over two years. I'm pretty sure it would have made it being drug.. As long as it was stock and not one of the cheaper versions that they have out there.
“The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.”
― Thomas Jefferson

“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles.”
― Jeff Cooper, Art of the Rifle

:1934 Tula 91/30:
:1944 Izhevsk M44:
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Some damn fool will try to duplicate some of the hot loads that didn't blow the action.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Dakota Mosins

Post by Dakota Mosins »

I wish they would of found a more common post-war stock to wreck. :o Those wartime stocks are getting harder to find! The video does show how durable the Mosin Nagant rifle is though.
jayrocka1200

Post by jayrocka1200 »

I kinda agree with Eric in the video, it makes me love the rifle even more
Aircooled

Post by Aircooled »

Wow! and Holy Crap! :big shock: :big shock: :big shock:
no4shot

Post by no4shot »

Makes me wonder what it really would take to destroy one....
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

no4shot wrote:Makes me wonder what it really would take to destroy one....
We do not need to know.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:
We do not need to know.
No... We do not. No need to encourage stupidity.... :roll:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
tjtM38

Post by tjtM38 »

Makes me appreciate the strength of the rifle, but it was painful to watch someone do that to an old war horse.
James811

Post by James811 »

Mosins are like cockroaches... They can never be destroyed!!! :D
"Always mystify, mislead, and surprise the enemy if possible."
- Stonewall Jackson
wolfstein

Post by wolfstein »

Enjoyed the video. Boy are the Mosins tough. :popgun: :popgun: Built like a tank.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

Rongo wrote:
Junk Yard Dog wrote:I will have to watch this when I get home.
It's just some idiots trying to blow up a Mosin.

"Hey Yaaaal, Dont go & load that thar' Rifle with an overloaded round. Sumbody might get done hurt".

DUMBF$%KS... :roll:
Are you trying to say that you don't approve? Don't hold back, tell us how you really feel. :D
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

James811 wrote:
Mosins are like cockroaches... They can never be destroyed!!! :D
Yes, they can be, never assume on safety because of something you saw a dumb shit on the net do. We have seen busted receivers before.
Theodore Roosevelt
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

Famous last words of a redneck: "hey ya'll watch this"!
I was willing to be forgiving for the sake of education, but then he started beating on a Tipton carbon fiber cleaning rod! Dang bunch of Tom Foolery.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

The assholes do this to drive up the view count on their youtube channel and it's working, They get a kickback from youtube for the advertising, the more traffic the more the payout. This sort of irresponsible shit will be duplicated by someone no matter how often you warn them not to. Monkey see monkey do.
Theodore Roosevelt
bws

Post by bws »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:Some damn fool will try to duplicate some of the hot loads that didn't blow the action.
JYD, I concur. I see yet another example of the law of natural selection, in somebody's future. I really don't know how they can compare a bolt action to a semi-automatic, wouldn't the recoil from the shot blow the bolt back, with a bit too much force, or quite possibly burst the gas tube? Also, I'm kind of curious as to whether or not they checked the head space after each excessive load? Granted I haven't looked at many of their other torture tests but do they test larger, more powerful and considerably more expensive? Maybe like something in the .338 or 50 cal ranges?

They should have at least been behind bit of a wall, just in case there was any incidents that could cause shrapnel to blow backwards?
================================================
I walk through the valley... but I will not fear. The shadow is mine, so is the valley.
bws

Post by bws »

bunkysdad wrote:Famous last words of a redneck: "hey ya'll watch this"!
Other variations I've heard are: "Hold my beer", "just roll him around in the grass, he'll be ok" and "I heard this on the internets".

As for what it takes to destroy a rifle like that, given that these things were mass produced so rapidly, I'm thinking that there could be stress fractures, or impurities in the metal that contribute to metal fatigue.
================================================
I walk through the valley... but I will not fear. The shadow is mine, so is the valley.
EvilElecBlanket

Post by EvilElecBlanket »

They lost all credibility for this "test" in the first two minutes when they pulled it along behind the truck :roll: What did that prove?
Looking for a Phased Plasma rifle in a 40 watt range.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

bws wrote:
Junk Yard Dog wrote:Some damn fool will try to duplicate some of the hot loads that didn't blow the action.
JYD, I concur. I see yet another example of the law of natural selection, in somebody's future. I really don't know how they can compare a bolt action to a semi-automatic, wouldn't the recoil from the shot blow the bolt back, with a bit too much force, or quite possibly burst the gas tube? Also, I'm kind of curious as to whether or not they checked the head space after each excessive load? Granted I haven't looked at many of their other torture tests but do they test larger, more powerful and considerably more expensive? Maybe like something in the .338 or 50 cal ranges?

They should have at least been behind bit of a wall, just in case there was any incidents that could cause shrapnel to blow backwards?
That would have blown the SVT40 apart, They didn't check anything on that rifle, headspace or otherwise. This sort of thing is amateur hour, nobody with any sense of responsibility would make such a video and post it on youtube were it's guaranteed to be seen by numerous idiots who will be tempted to try their own experiments regardless of how many times they warn the viewer not to attempt it. Monkey see, Monkey do.
Theodore Roosevelt