AIM has Bulgarian surplus in stock

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
A_King89

Re: AIM has Bulgarian surplus in stock

Post by A_King89 »

SOLD OUT ALREADY? Sure glad I pulled the trigger on it when I did.. Jus wish I bought 880 rnds instead of 440 rnds now. :b sad:
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Like chocolate at an over eaters anonymous convention, you have to move fast if you want some.
zeebill

Post by zeebill »

Yeah my source has dried up too. I am OK but would like to sell some more of it. Bill :o
evildog

Post by evildog »

I've got crates on backorder with sportsman guide. Suppose to be in by may 1st so hears hoping and with that i'll have enought for years.... :thumbsup:
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

evildog wrote:I've got crates on backorder with sportsman guide. Suppose to be in by may 1st so hears hoping and with that i'll have enought for years.... :thumbsup:
It's all perspective, if you shoot one round a year you are set with ammo for 880 years with just one case :) In 2001 a case was less than a two week supply for me, but I have slowed up considerably since then.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
bocephus

Post by bocephus »

$110 for 440 shipped, that's too expensive unless you really need ammo.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

These days people are paying that and more.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Striknine

Post by Striknine »

Classic Firearms has 880 for $209.99 and 440 for $109.99. I agree it's still crazy out there. Get it before it goes up even higher and you say "Damn I wish I would have bought it back then" when we thought it was high.

http://www.classicfirearms.com/ammunition/bul54rst-1
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

I did buy it back then and now I say I am glad I did :)
Theodore Roosevelt
A_King89

Post by A_King89 »

Lol at what point of Ammo storage do yall feel comfortable? 100? 1000? 10000? =D
“The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.”
― Thomas Jefferson

“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles.”
― Jeff Cooper, Art of the Rifle

:1934 Tula 91/30:
:1944 Izhevsk M44:
bocephus

Post by bocephus »

If you're lucky enough to live in a Dunhams area they put it on "sale" for $99 all the time. If you wait long enough they'll drop it to $89. Although I won't even do the Dunhams thing, thats $96 with tax. Sportsmanguide had 880 for $170 shipped just a month ago.

No reason to pay these higher prices unless you really need ammo. Just wait for the next big batch to come in, especially with the panic calming down.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

A_King89 wrote:Lol at what point of Ammo storage do yall feel comfortable? 100? 1000? 10000? =D
a million maybe.. in each caliber :lol:
Theodore Roosevelt
A_King89

Post by A_King89 »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:
A_King89 wrote:Lol at what point of Ammo storage do yall feel comfortable? 100? 1000? 10000? =D
a million maybe.. in each caliber :lol:

Haha sooo true :chuckles: :chuckles:

Do yall acually see this 'craze' goin down? Seems here that the 'gun buyin craze' is slowly receeding but the ammo hasnt budged yet. :angry4: :angry4: :angry4:
“The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.”
― Thomas Jefferson

“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles.”

Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

No, I was always an ammo hoarder.
Theodore Roosevelt
A_King89

Post by A_King89 »

Yay! The order for this I jus put in jus shipped today! Should b at my house by Tuesday
― Thomas Jefferson

Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
MarksmanTim

Post by MarksmanTim »

I think the crazy will start to slow down everywhere except states that recently passed BS laws. For example, ammo and reloading supplies will continue to be hot here in NY as we have less than one year until another provision in the new law takes effect that adds a background check to ammo purchases and bans online ammo sales. I want to be ammo self-sufficient by then (reloading with plenty of supplies), and that means 1,000's of others are thinking just like me. April 29th is the last hope we have in the short term to strike this down (injunction). After that it's up to the courts with the lawsuits that have been filed.
Tim

Favorites of the collection:
1909 Ex-Cossack M91/38
1929 SIG M28 non updated
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

In truth with my current ammo usage I have been self sufficient in ammo for at least ten years now, any I buy now is simply extra.
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

I am not sure the law is covering components, but if it isn't then it will soon enough.
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

I am good in primers and powder also, I am just not shooting like I did years ago, these days it's mostly my rocklocks and .22's
Theodore Roosevelt