Yugo SKS Unissued Cond. $309.00

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
WeldonHunter

Yugo SKS Unissued Cond. $309.00

Post by WeldonHunter »

For those of you looking for one of these and wanted one that appears to be new or close to it I found these today. http://www.wideners.com/itemdetail.cfm? ... 0|701|1029 I don't know enough about these to tell you that this is a good price for sure. I'm sure some of the SKS guys will tell us. I've seen these as low as $179 in used good condition at the recent Cabela's sale and $199 in very good condition. They seem to have crept up to around $300 at the moment but these look to be in the best shape I've seen so far. You can compare it to some others here, http://gun-deals.com/index.php?dealtype ... 5&subcat=5
OLD OUTLAW

Re: Yugo SKS Unissued Cond. $309.00

Post by OLD OUTLAW »

Hard to tell how good from the description. I would also think it VERY important for a buyer to know if it is actually an M59/66 or an m59/66A1.
There are still unissued M59/66A1 newer rifles available for $20 more. Look at Samco for an example. A lot of dealers buy from the importer who is Samco for the most part. The one rifle picked evaluation is not adequate for me. He only describes the one rifle he picked from their shipment.
I have bought 2 CZ82 pistols from Wideners that were nice ones. It would be nice if a member or two whom may have purchased one of these rifles post pics.
Then we would better know. If they are actually a 59/66 I would opt immediately for a new and unissued 59/66A1 at $329 from say Samco.

Edit: The Wideners page says "Excellent" so that means to me they may be used rifles. They do not mention bore condition either. I can not seem to see
a claim that they are unissued rifles. I'm a little suspect here.
Happiness is owning Swedish Mausers!
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

OLD OUTLAW wrote:Hard to tell how good from the description. I would also think it VERY important for a buyer to know if it is actually an M59/66 or an m59/66A1.
There are still unissued M59/66A1 newer rifles available for $20 more. Look at Samco for an example. A lot of dealers buy from the importer who is Samco for the most part. The one rifle picked evaluation is not adequate for me. He only describes the one rifle he picked from their shipment.
I have bought 2 CZ82 pistols from Wideners that were nice ones. It would be nice if a member or two whom may have purchased one of these rifles post pics.
Then we would better know. If they are actually a 59/66 I would opt immediately for a new and unissued 59/66A1 at $329 from say Samco.

Edit: The Wideners page says "Excellent" so that means to me they may be used rifles. They do not mention bore condition either. I can not seem to see
a claim that they are unissued rifles. I'm a little suspect here.

Well they say they look to be unfired and that the Magazine follower does not appear to have been loaded. They also say that the bore once cleaned was bright and looked unfired. Here's the wording from the email ad I got

"YUGOSLAVIAN MFG ZASTAVA

SKS 7.62 X 39

EXCELLENT CONDITION, INCLUDES BAYONET AND SLING

These rifles are C&R eligible and are in excellent plus + shape. The barrel is bright and appears unfired. The bolt is still filled with grease and the magazine follower does not appear to have been loaded. The stock on the one we pulled to test fire had one ding in it. Overall, they looks brand new and unfired.

You can find these for $100 cheaper, but they are nowhere near the condition of this lot of SKS rifles. They are Zasata stamped and are the finest SKS rifles ever made. Price does not include shipping.

BUY THE YUGO 762X39 AMMO ON STRIPPERS WE HAVE IN STOCK NOW. THESE STRIPPERS FIT THIS MODEL OF SKS AND WAS MADE FOR THE YUGO SKS.

The make a lot of references to it appearing unfired, unused and so on. I understand this to a point. I went through this with the VZ52's that CzechpointUSA has listed as unissued (condition). I hate it when they're vague like this. The M59/66A1 is the new one samco has for $339.95 with the night sights right? I'm going to add those to the list in the link above. Heh they even have those in consectutive numbers buy the crate. I'll take 2 thank you, lol.
OLD OUTLAW

Post by OLD OUTLAW »

Yes, the M59/66A1 rifles are the newest version with a night site. Most are not to good with glow due to old age.
But, the ratings people use are deceiving at times. Especially when they throw around the terms of "Looks New, Appears new, Appears Unfired,"
etc. That's when I start running way from them. The fact of the matter here is, that these dealers buy from an importer. They buy a certain grade from the importers. They know what those rifles are before they ever buy for their inventory. If these were in fact new and unissued, they would be shouting it out in print as such on their site. Besides, truly unissued ones are getting thinner now. Notice how few dealers even have any to sell compared to over the past years?
We think the flood of Yugo's is about gone for good. At least the new ones.
Happiness is owning Swedish Mausers!
martin08

Post by martin08 »

Looks like a heck of a deal. :shock:
No words of wisdom come to mind at this time....
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

Yup, being suspicious in nature I'd be questioning the descriptions including the after descriptions like instead of "New" or "Unissued" which would be "New" they say "New Condition" which can mean they aren't new but are in new condition.

I like the bug eyes Matt. You made me laugh.
cyknight

Post by cyknight »

:vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
American Gunsmiths: Making things go BANG for over 200 years!
Co-Owner/Gunsmith - Diamond B Gunsmithing.

2-1942 Izhevsk M91/30, 1939 K98, 1895 M1891 Argentine Mauser, 1924 VZ-24, 1917 SMLE, 1942 SMLE, 1933 1895 Tula Nagant, 1958 Type 56 SKS