Shot The Mosin For The Very First Time Today And..

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
howitzer

Shot The Mosin For The Very First Time Today And..

Post by howitzer »

I'll admit I was sweating because I was so nervous about shooting it. I didn't do a head space check and I always have bad luck so i thought it was going to blow up. Held the gun away from me...aimed at the hill...loud as hell and everything was good to go....casing looked excellent...no splits or cracks.

Once I got used to how the sights work...holy is this gun accurate...my first time shooting it and i was able to pick off a small paint can from roughly 300 feet away. Love this gun...And living in a town with 150,000 people it was friggen awesome finding a big open sand pit 25 minutes up north. I will be making a video this week or next week....this sand pit is a gun owners dream. I just hope it doesnt get fenced up...its private land owned by a cement company but they arnt doing anything with it...the past 4 years anyway lol
Three_Dogs

Re: Shot The Mosin For The Very First Time Today And..

Post by Three_Dogs »

Congratulations :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
If corporations are people, when will we see one executed?
finloq

Post by finloq »

Buy the pit from the cement company and make: Howitzer's Happy Fun Mosin Land.
"Self-realization. I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"
clayshooter2

Post by clayshooter2 »

They are a blast to shoot.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

:hunter: :hunter: :cool: :bravo:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

You secured permissions to use the sand pit? I ask because a friend has a sand pit on his property and had a lot of problems with people trespassing to shoot there among other things. He ended up setting up an actual 270 yard range complete with covered shooting bench on another part of the property and then inviting the local Sheriffs and state troopers to shoot there whenever they liked. They were handy in getting rid of the trespassers and he could go and move some sand without fear of being shot.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
howitzer

Post by howitzer »

We didn't bother asking....the land is huge..probably about 4km's long..and surrounded by forests and the only way to get in is a 4x4 because of the muddy trail to get in. The land used to be owned by an old guy...he was fine with what ever u wanted to do. but then a cement company bought it all...and isn't doing anything with it so people use it for off roading and stuff. I wouldnt call it a sand pit...id call it more like a mini desert. with hills close to 200 feet high...trenches and stuff. I'll take pictures next time
Ban-One

Post by Ban-One »

Sounds like a great first outing with your Mosin Nagant! 8-) Ditto on securing permission though...or it will only be a matter of time before someone complains. Looking forward to that video! Now you need to get some tennerite. :twisted:
howitzer

Post by howitzer »

maybe ill get some tennerite when I get my own piece of land soon:P. I don't think anyway will complain...its in the middle of no where and there are always people shooting there. we saw a bunch of shot gun shells and 9mm's all on the ground. place has been like this for 10+ years
finloq

Post by finloq »

howitzer wrote:maybe ill get some tennerite when I get my own piece of land soon:P. I don't think anyway will complain...its in the middle of no where and there are always people shooting there. we saw a bunch of shot gun shells and 9mm's all on the ground. place has been like this for 10+ years
All the more reason for you to: buy it, fence it, charge admission for it.

All it takes is for one complaint and then you have a police officer approaching you and confiscating all of your weapons. After your bailed out, tried, convicted, sentenced and served your time/paid your fine; you can go before a judge and ask for them to be returned, but they will probably have already been destroyed.
"Self-realization. I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"
howitzer

Post by howitzer »

finloq wrote:
howitzer wrote:maybe ill get some tennerite when I get my own piece of land soon:P. I don't think anyway will complain...its in the middle of no where and there are always people shooting there. we saw a bunch of shot gun shells and 9mm's all on the ground. place has been like this for 10+ years
All the more reason for you to: buy it, fence it, charge admission for it.

All it takes is for one complaint and then you have a police officer approaching you and confiscating all of your weapons. After your bailed out, tried, convicted, sentenced and served your time/paid your fine; you can go before a judge and ask for them to be returned, but they will probably have already been destroyed.

I live in canada...we are shooting on private land...there are no cops around the area where we shoot...and if they wanted to come..it would be a 15 minutes drive. once they get there...the only ticket they can give me is a tresspassing ticket. they can't take my weapons...their legal and i'm carrying my fire arms licence. Also the cops vehicles couldnt get into the trails unless they wanna get stuck and get laughed at. our cops are retarded out here hah

The pits where we shoot you can obviously see..is the big sandy area
finloq

Post by finloq »

Ahhh.

Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Theodore Roosevelt
ponycarman

Post by ponycarman »

Let me make a short, open, blanket comment. There are no good guns. There are no bad guns. Any gun in the hands of a bad man is a bad thing. Any gun in the hands of a descent person is no threat to anyone--- except bad people. -- Charleton Heston

Guns are not good, they are not evil. Save those descriptions for the people holding the firearm. -- Unknown

1943 Izhevsk
1937 Izhevsk
1935/48/50 Tula (hex)
1939 Tula (laminate stock)
And many other firearms :D
Ban-One

Post by Ban-One »

Wow, I'm jealous! It must be nice to have land like that to walk out and shoot on. 8-)
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

It's amazing how similar that sand pit looks to my friends place, same white limestone color.
Theodore Roosevelt
husker51

Post by husker51 »

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."
- Dwight D. Eisenhower (1890-1969), Inaugural Address, January 20, 1953
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Only problem I have shooting there is that the white sand finds it's way into everything eventually even when we shoot from the bench.
Theodore Roosevelt
zeebill

Post by zeebill »

Things will grow up around it eventually and that will go down as where we used to shoot. Time marches on and people build to get away from people and the first thing you know you have neighbors! Bill :o