Forum structure

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Forum structure

Post by Darryl »

I want to take this time to thank those working so hard to help set up these forums. There are a lot of hours going into this forum right now in the background and you guys are really going to flip when you see some of the things planned for the near future.
(it is so cool! 8-) )

Also I want to thank the members, without you there would be very little (and not much fun). Thank you.

So, for our first announcement we have pressed into service (that means he had no choice)
JYD as "The Boss". .............................(I know he is going to hate this.... :lol:)
He will be running things and he will be the "tie breaking" referee (He has a bat...no kidding! :D ). He will be (amongst many other things) in direct charge of "The Rules". He will make and have the final say over them. I'm sure he will from time to time ask everyone their opinion about items on there.
Thank you JYD.....

We have maintained the same Admin/Mods from the old forum, lucky and one new "Admin/techno-nerd" to help me out! :ugeek: . Some of them have specialized project they are doing already and we will announce those in the up coming days (cool stuff... 8-) )

Again...thank you for making this your home and enjoy it, it's yours 8-)

Dolk
Izhevsk762

Re: Forum structure

Post by Izhevsk762 »

Sounds good to me.
The user formerly known as mosinnagantm9130
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

Howdy boss.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Why do I suddenly feel like Richard Pryor in the movie Moving :shock:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Hlavinka

Post by Hlavinka »

One small request, humor me because I'm special... :roll: :roll: When posting, there are three buttons on the bottom. Could you switch SAVE DRAFT with SUBMIT, making SUBMIT on the left? I keep automatically hitting SAVE DRAFT when I mean to hit SUBMIT just because it's on the left. It's a really small thing and I'm sure entails a lot of work, but I'm OCD and it's killin' me after only four or five posts...I could learn to live with it but... you might know how it is.
To make it fun, you could even make fun of me afterward, couldn't be any worse than I'd do to myself :D :D :lol:

EDIT: Damn.. I got that wrong too! it was my sixth post!!!
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

So that's the problem, I have been doing it also, this is a question for Kenny the tech guy, and I hear he is looking for something to do :)
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
klibben

Post by klibben »

But I'm used to it being on the right! When I go to forums with it on the left I hit Save Draft! :o

I'll talk it over with the guys, to be honest I'm not even sure we can change it (if we want to).
"Si vis pacem, para bellum" - Flavius Vegetius Renatus (ca 390 AD)
Hlavinka

Post by Hlavinka »

klibben wrote:But I'm used to it being on the right! When I go to forums with it on the left I hit Save Draft! :o

I'll talk it over with the guys, to be honest I'm not even sure we can change it (if we want to).
Thanks for giving it attention, put it on the back burner if it's not easy. I'll cope. :D
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

Hlavinka wrote:One small request, humor me because I'm special... :roll: :roll: When posting, there are three buttons on the bottom. Could you switch SAVE DRAFT with SUBMIT, making SUBMIT on the left? I keep automatically hitting SAVE DRAFT when I mean to hit SUBMIT just because it's on the left. It's a really small thing and I'm sure entails a lot of work, but I'm OCD and it's killin' me after only four or five posts...I could learn to live with it but... you might know how it is.
To make it fun, you could even make fun of me afterward, couldn't be any worse than I'd do to myself :D :D :lol:

EDIT: Damn.. I got that wrong too! it was my sixth post!!!
I am so with Hlavinka on this. I hit save draft 8 out of 10 times. Please put submit on the left.
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
klibben

Post by klibben »

Well Safe Draft is gone now, so that should make it easier. Do you keep hitting Preview now?
lonesome

Post by lonesome »

Thanks to everyone for making this forum. Much appreciated. It feels like "home" already. :D
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

klibben wrote:Well Safe Draft is gone now, so that should make it easier. Do you keep hitting Preview now?
yep :P
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
mnconstr

Post by mnconstr »

Hi All,
Thanks for the invite over to this new site, I am very glad to see this happen. I kind of dropped off the maps and I am not a big contributor, but I sure enjoy the reading and pictures. I wish I had more time to spend here. Thanks again and I am anxious to see this take off. Mark
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

mnconstr wrote:Hi All,
Thanks for the invite over to this new site, I am very glad to see this happen. I kind of dropped off the maps and I am not a big contributor, but I sure enjoy the reading and pictures. I wish I had more time to spend here. Thanks again and I am anxious to see this take off. Mark
Good to see you around Mark. Welcome aboard.

C. S. Lewis
klibben

Post by klibben »

millman wrote:
klibben wrote:Well Safe Draft is gone now, so that should make it easier. Do you keep hitting Preview now?

Wow, haha. So if your wife rearranges the furniture I'm guessing you still try to sit in the old spot and fall on the ground? :roll:
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Have a look around Mark, good to see you here :) Kenny, I used to hang my car keys from a hook over the door, and grab them every morning as I headed out, then the ring broke and I was keeping them in my pocket, yet every morning I still catch myself reaching for the phantom key ring over the door :lol:
Theodore Roosevelt
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

klibben wrote:
millman wrote:

Wow, haha. So if your wife rearranges the furniture I'm guessing you still try to sit in the old spot and fall on the ground? :roll:
She knows better than to move my chair.

C. S. Lewis
Miller Tyme
PE - PEM - PU
PE - PEM - PU

Post by Miller Tyme »

Better late than never........ :lol: Nice job Dolk, looks like its going to be a party over here.

“The only real power comes out of a long rifle" - Joseph Stalin
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

Glad you made it Miller.

C. S. Lewis