pissed off at wideners lack of courtesy toward customers

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
klunk

pissed off at wideners lack of courtesy toward customers

Post by klunk »

I've just about had it with wideners. I realize they're behind
but they could at least inform us of our order status thru
email or answer the phone. I've been waiting since the 13th
and my order apparently haven't shipped yet. Very frustrating.
Anyone else dealing with this?
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: pissed off at wideners lack of courtesy toward customers

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Wow, that's bad considering it dates to before the current madness started.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
zeebill

Post by zeebill »

I tlked to one dealer in ammo the other day and he said he sold his 3 year supply of 225 in one day. In his small operation he said with him, his wife, and son it will take two weeks of hard work to ship everything and he apologized for not having time to talk. He said I was lucky he was standing by the phone and hrecognized the name and picked it up for they have been leaving it off the hook to get stuff done. He also told me his wholesalers are telling him at least a couple of months if ever before things start coming in and prices settle down. Not the good information I wanted but them I am good on all ammo I may need for a lifetime because I knew this was coming. Bill :o
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

I am hearing the same story all over, some shit all right, but good if you manufacture ammunition, or work for one of the big ammo makers.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Three_Dogs

Post by Three_Dogs »

I feel your pain bro. Unfortunately, that may be the norm for the next few months until all this anti-gun hysteria settles down. I need more ammo and looking just about everywhere there are messages saying that stuff is taking much longer to ship or they are not taking more orders till they catch up. Give them a little longer and if they haven't contacted you or shipped it in a couple weeks I would think about cancelling your order and disputing the charges, if any with your cc company.
If corporations are people, when will we see one executed?
klunk

Post by klunk »

That's probably what I'll do
Silk#2

Post by Silk#2 »

klunk wrote:I've just about had it with wideners. I realize they're behind
but they could at least inform us of our order status thru
email or answer the phone. I've been waiting since the 13th
and my order apparently haven't shipped yet. Very frustrating.
Anyone else dealing with this?
Yes,me. I ordered on the 11th, I emailed them on the 19th and got this auto reply...
TO OUR CUSTOMERS,

We want to thank you for your business. Due to high demand, we are behind in shipping. If you have ordered on line or over the phone and the items were in stock, you will get your order. Our current delay is about 15-24 days depending on the item ordered. The items are in stock and reserved for you. If you wish to cancel your order, please email your cancellation to wideners@wideners.com and your order will be cancelled and your credit card will be refunded for the entire amount. We regret the delay.
Then on the 26th someone actually replied to my email with this
Your order has been processed and should ship out sometime next week.
It sucks but have faith it should ship this week... gl....
John :)
The 8
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

Honestly, They've all been swamped since the elections. Give them a break.
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
Silk#2

Post by Silk#2 »

ummmm altho if you cancel they will have 1 back in stock for me.........DOH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :chuckles: :chuckles: :chuckles: :thumbsup:
The 8
klunk

Post by klunk »

Yeah I know I just need to be patient. Its just not one of my strong paints
Mountain Man

Post by Mountain Man »

Where I order my reloading stuff, they just shut the site down until they can catch up - whenever that is. Things are nuts and will be nuts until the regime signals what it will do. Right now, they are getting just the opposite of what they want as guns and ammo are at an all time high.

BTW, on the same subject.

http://conservativevideos.com/2012/12/e ... your-guns/
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

Do you have...what time do you close...how much is your...when do you think...These are the calls these guys are getting. With the current panic on stuff you are lucky they haven't torn their phones off the wall. Cancel the order? If you do it may be 6 or 7 months before you can even order stuff much less get it.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
hoshow

Post by hoshow »

These guys are all doing better than ten times their normal business. They are doing the best they can under the circumstances. Just be patient. They probably have one person for every thousand calls they are getting right now.
Buy the truth, and do not sell it,
Also wisdom and instruction and understanding.
Proverbs 23:23
HexNut

Post by HexNut »

Just today received my spam can from Copes, a day late DUE to the weather conditions in the east. Looking forward to my next delivery from them while supplies last !! Thanks Roger, for being one of our sponsors !!! :thumbsup:
Firearms without ammunition are like teats on a boar hog. Useless!
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
zeebill

Post by zeebill »

klunk wrote:Yeah I know I just need to be patient. Its just not one of my strong paints

If you are in this game of life for the long run you dang well better learn to have patience for it at times is your most valuable asset! If that sounds like I know what I am talking about it is unfortunately true. Maybe it comes with age I don't profess to know but I for sure know you have got to have some patience to survive. Everyone else is out of stuff and that would be something real important to remember! Bill :wink:
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

Rongo wrote:Honestly, They've all been swamped since the elections. Give them a break.

This :pointup: This whole year leading up to the election has been a mess it just got worse once the results were in. Then Black Friday and Cyber Monday were a zoo but that was nothing compared to the free-for-all after the shooting. That was not something anyone anticipated. Widener's has been backed up on and off since earlier this year but you will get your stuff.
Mountain Man

Post by Mountain Man »

HexNut wrote:Just today received my spam can from Copes, a day late DUE to the weather conditions in the east. Looking forward to my next delivery from them while supplies last !! Thanks Roger, for being one of our sponsors !!! :thumbsup:
Just order a can from Copes via the internet. Went smooth and they said it would be here in 4-5 days. That is normal delivery. I have bought a lot of ammo and a couple of Mosins from Copes and they have been fine.
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

Some places don't even process the credit card until the order is processed and ready to ship. That's how I knew when my J&G order was processed last time I ordered. I just watched my bank statement.
Dragunov sniper 777

Post by Dragunov sniper 777 »

heck went to two gun stores the other day to buy a pound of varget and a box of bullets and they didn't even have that , the shelves were stripped bare like a thaksgiving turkey , all the handloading supplies and every autoloader in the store gone , the sales clerk said that one fella bought 14,000 dollars worth of BAR'S and AR"S , it's people like that , that propagate's this crap and drives the prices up till i cant afford a pound of powder or a box of bullets if you can even find them at 40 bucks a pop apiece .... :angry4: :devil2:
i am so poor i can only afford mustard and biscuits three times a week ..