No.1 MkIII

All collectible military bolt rifles are discussed here. From all countries around the world.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

No.1 MkIII

Post by Rongo »

A more recent acquisition... A 62 dated RFI No.1 MkIII. Like new bore, interesting repairs on stock & overall nice bluing. Failed the field gauge on headspace but passes with my other bolthead from my 1911 dated SMLE. A nice example overall.

Some pics...

Interesting stock repairs

My 3 No.1 MkIII's so far dated 1911, 1948 & 1962
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
desdem12

Re: No.1 MkIII

Post by desdem12 »

Like the wood on the top one 8-) 8-)
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

I still need an RFI and a Lithgow to fill out my collection, that's a nice one.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
Jumperwire
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Jumperwire »

Very nice. I could use an indian one a well as some Non-Australian ones.
Tula Neil

Post by Tula Neil »

8-) 8-) 8-) Thats nice, I have just been looking at a 1942 No4 Mk 1 with the same stock repair, top and bottom, wonder if they were dropped butt first.
Jumperwire
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Jumperwire »

Tula Neil wrote:8-) 8-) 8-) Thats nice, I have just been looking at a 1942 No4 Mk 1 with the same stock repair, top and bottom, wonder if they were dropped butt first.
Hmmm Interesting!!!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Years of being smacked onto the ground as troops came to attention in ranks, maybe used to smash open doors, or smash out teeth.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Ban-One

Post by Ban-One »

I'm a sucker for those arsenal stock repairs, I am actually drawn to those rather then a more unblemished stock. Beautiful rifles and great pics!
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

I am too ban-one, the stock repairs are always interesting. There is a lot of pride in the workmanship it looks to me.
Jumperwire
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Jumperwire »

Ban-One wrote:I'm a sucker for those arsenal stock repairs, I am actually drawn to those rather then a more unblemished stock. Beautiful rifles and great pics!
Me too :D :D :D
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

Cool, another one where I can play too. This is a 1918 #1MkIII with an Osterr Gendarmerie (Austrian police) mark. Apparently the british supplied them arms in occupied Austria, post WW2. I don't know too much about it, but I don't think there are a bunch marked like this. Not really rare, but not common. I picked it up to go with the 1918 P1907 bayo I have had since I was a kid. :)
P2260003.jpg
P2260004.jpg
P2260002.jpg
P2280003.jpg
P2280010.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

Nice one Millman. 8-) 8-) 8-)
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"