Elby sight tool

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
breckenridge

Elby sight tool

Post by breckenridge »

Came in the mail today, took about a week to arrive. What a perfect, simple tool. Fit perfectly and made adjusting the front sight over very easy and extremely precise. Did a prelim adjustment today based on some calcs I did, look forward to getting back to the range and dialing it in. :thumbsup:
1933 M91/30 Izhevsk laminate
1948 M44 Izhevsk
1955 M44 Romanian
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: Elby sight tool

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:thumbsup:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

:vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
ponycarman

Post by ponycarman »

Let me make a short, open, blanket comment. There are no good guns. There are no bad guns. Any gun in the hands of a bad man is a bad thing. Any gun in the hands of a descent person is no threat to anyone--- except bad people. -- Charleton Heston

Guns are not good, they are not evil. Save those descriptions for the people holding the firearm. -- Unknown

1943 Izhevsk
1937 Izhevsk
1935/48/50 Tula (hex)
1939 Tula (laminate stock)
And many other firearms :D
websterz
Forum Advertiser
Forum Advertiser

Post by websterz »

Guess I need to break down and get myself one of these. :thumbsup:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for the night. Set a man ON fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

http://www.okiegauges.com

Blessed be the Lord my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
-Psalm 144:1
mogunner

Post by mogunner »

If you got a lot of 91/30's I'd recommend the Gunsmith version, I've got some in stock right now as a matter of fact, lol... but just threw a couple of the new design Range Buddy 91/30 tools on the Classified section at a special price just for forum members. :bwink:
breckenridge

Post by breckenridge »

Finally got out to the range after adjusting the front sight. My math estimation of 0.08" sight adjustment was a bit high, 0.04" did it to bring it right on to target at 50yds (from the previous 7" right or so). Very easy to make precise adjustments with the tool. Now I just need to work on my shooting!

1933 M91/30 Izhevsk laminate
1948 M44 Izhevsk
1955 M44 Romanian
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
mogunner

Post by mogunner »

Believe it or not I don't have one of those in my own range bag... :big shock:
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Cool report :vcool:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

mogunner wrote:Believe it or not I don't have one of those in my own range bag... :big shock:

Well you can pick one up from Elby Sight Tools.............Oh wait, never mind. :bang:
mogunner

Post by mogunner »

I'm behind as it is, let alone making one for myself...and oh yeah, making time to go shoot.
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

mogunner wrote:I'm behind as it is, let alone making one for myself...and oh yeah, making time to go shoot.
It could be worse Bruce. You could have plenty of time to shoot and no money to buy ammo, lol.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Lots of time and no ammo or guns...of course that would mean you got locked up for something :)
Theodore Roosevelt
Veers57

Post by Veers57 »

Has anyone used their Elby sight tool to remove the front sight hood completely?

I have a rifle that I'm trying to upgrade to Smith Sights and the front sight won't budge with the brass punches.
TopperT

Post by TopperT »

Two things a Mosin shooter cannot be without are a set of OKIE gages to check headspace and an Elbe sight tool for the Mosin.

Over the past few days I have been out playing with my 91/30's and working on groups at 100 meters. The Elbe tool is amazingly simple to use, you can actually make tiny adjustments as simple as 1,2,3.....and MHO & :2cents: , its a total quality piece of tool makers skill.
"GO AND SMELL THE MOSINS"
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

Veers57 wrote:Has anyone used their Elby sight tool to remove the front sight hood completely?

I have a rifle that I'm trying to upgrade to Smith Sights and the front sight won't budge with the brass punches.

Yes it can be used for that but you should soak it with some penetrating oil first. I'd get the gunsmith model too. The threads are a steel insert and can take a bit more abuse.
jeremyb

Post by jeremyb »

I've got two of these tools. Used both several times and they are very nice. They don't leave my range bag.
TopperT

Post by TopperT »

Used mine yesterday!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"GO AND SMELL THE MOSINS"
mogunner

Post by mogunner »

Well, all I can say is either people are buying up bolt guns like crazy or everyone got Mosin's for Christmas, as my website's been crazy since the first of the year. I've gotten more orders already than I had the entire month of December and no signs of slowing. Inventory's gone, worked till 7PM on this next run and still more orders coming in. Just a reminder, let me know if you're a forum member here as it helps the forum out a bit more!