Widener's has M44s. Maybe other vendors soon?

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
WeldonHunter

Widener's has M44s. Maybe other vendors soon?

Post by WeldonHunter »

I was just cruising around and see Widener's now has what they say are "excellent ++ shape" You be the judge. http://www.wideners.com/itemdetail.cfm?item_id=7006 More to the point is maybe this means more are coming to other vendors and maybe they'll be less.

What I found even more interesting is these. "New" unissued M59 Yugo SKS's http://www.wideners.com/itemdetail.cfm? ... 0|701|1029 They state they're Bosnian contract rifles.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: Widener's has M44s. Maybe other vendors soon?

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Very likely old stock they have been sitting on until the price went up.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
martin08

Post by martin08 »

M44 at least looks legit.

The SKS, on the other hand, is a load of bull.
No words of wisdom come to mind at this time....
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

martin08 wrote:M44 at least looks legit.

The rifle in that picture is from the original listing for these in 2009 when they were $99. http://gun-deals.com/displaydeal.php?dealid=3441 Who knows what the newest batch really look like.
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

How so? If they are misrepresented will they take them back?
martin08

Post by martin08 »

Don't know if they will take them back...

... but they are not M59's. They are M59/66's with the grenade launcher spigot removed.
No words of wisdom come to mind at this time....
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

What about the flip up front sight?
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

I thought we were talking about M44's ?? :)
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:I thought we were talking about M44's ?? :)
Both actually. :wink:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

WeldonHunter wrote:

The rifle in that picture is from the original listing for these in 2009 when they were $99. http://gun-deals.com/displaydeal.php?dealid=3441 Who knows what the newest batch really look like.
Geeez, Weldon, the description indicates that they are like new. You wouldn't think they would stretch the truth would you?
The only thing that they are lacking is a Certificate of Authenticity, and a copy of Enemy at the Gates........
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

SA1911a1 wrote:
WeldonHunter wrote:

Geeez, Weldon, the description indicates that they are like new. You wouldn't think they would stretch the truth would you?
The only thing that they are lacking is a Certificate of Authenticity, and a copy of Enemy at the Gates........
If you mean the SKS the description says they "are"new, as in NIB. If you mean the M44s on Widener's site yeah they state those are darn close to new by the description. That gun-deals link is the current rifles but is the same listing they had for them back in 2009 when someone back then submitted them to gun-deals. The link hasn't changed and they still have the same picture on Widener's that they had back then in 2009. That's what I found to be interesting. The only change that was made to the gun-deals description is they don't include the sling or ammo pouch that's in the picture. Either they're being a bit lazy and don't think it matters or they just got them in and don't have a current picture. The reason I posted these is because of AIM's recent emailer stating they're getting some M44s in too. It just made me wonder if we might see a few other places putting these up for sale. We've had a few posts asking about Mosin Nagant availability and pricing and asking if the supply is drying up.

As for the Certificate of Authenticity, and a copy of Enemy at the Gates, lol. They're not quite that bad but like the Classic Arms BS I'm starting to get that PT Barnum feel. :chuckles:
Capybara

Post by Capybara »

SOG has had very good to excellent M44s at $179.00 for months, I just ordered three of them. Will post pics when the rifles arrive.