Special Mosin

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
jas2

Special Mosin

Post by jas2 »

Can you identify this rifle of mine?
Model / Make / Year / Caliber

bb91

Re: Special Mosin

Post by bb91 »

desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

:vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
Jolly Green Chopper

Post by Jolly Green Chopper »

jas2 I have been looking around for a rifle like the one you asked about but have not found a match yet. Model 1451,Ansch"utz is close along with some other Ansch"tz models but I found them out of the 102 Shooters Bible which is not a complete Firearms Reference,I just use it for reference and it was published in 2010 so if your rifle is an older model I doubt it would be in this edition. Good luck .Nice rifle so let us know if you do find a match. I keep a picture file of guns from around the world as a hobby so I will add yours to mine. Someday I want to publish a book for my family and make a picture history for them to pass along with the history museum my Great grandfather started with the civil war guns and uniforms. JGC
jas2

Post by jas2 »

This really is the finnish M85 / TAK85 /TKiv85 (all means the same). It is based on MosinNagant but is has custom finnish made parts like the barrel, match trigger group and so on. TAK85 is still in active duty on finnish army althought we replacing them with SAKO TRG42.
I have collected parts for that rifle around Finland for couple of years and now it is almost ready. Few things still have to chance, the scope is Bushnell Elite 4200 4-16x50, nice scope but not the original one. Original would be Zeiss Diavari 1,5x 6 x 42 or Schmidt&Bender 4x36. And it have to from mid 80's. And military model. So they are hard to come by but I have time :)
And the barrel is not original but it's hand forget and made in small finnish custom shop.
Rifle can do 10mm in 100m /3bullets with standard SAKO Range 7,62x53R 8g ammo. Could be even better if I tried hand loading...
jonnyboy091373

Post by jonnyboy091373 »

this is what happens when a mosin gets fed a healthy diet of steroids.
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

It's a calm clear morning, just cold enough to see my breath suspended in front of me as the sun comes up on the horizon. A thermos full of coffee steaming on the shooting bench, as I lay out the "special Mosin" on my shooters rest, 100 rounds of Lapua brass stuffed with my newest recipe, spotting scope on my right, target affixed at 200 meters downrange, and............
Oh, I'm sorry. I was day dreaming about being at the range first thing in the morning with your beautiful Finnish target rifle. Alas, I digress!
And welcome to the forum.:P
jas2

Post by jas2 »

Here is the newest part of TAK85 manual, but only in finnish language :D

http://www.google.fi/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=t ... 6w&cad=rja
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

Still a nice scope. My brother just sold a Bushnell Elite 4200 like yours on Ebay and it brought 400.00 + shipping.:shock:
jas2

Post by jas2 »

bunkysdad wrote:It's a calm clear morning, just cold enough to see my breath suspended in front of me as the sun comes up on the horizon. A thermos full of coffee steaming on the shooting bench, as I lay out the "special Mosin" on my shooters rest, 100 rounds of Lapua brass stuffed with my newest recipe, spotting scope on my right, target affixed at 200 meters downrange, and............
Oh, I'm sorry. I was day dreaming about being at the range first thing in the morning with your beautiful Finnish target rifle. Alas, I digress!
And welcome to the forum.:P

I took this picture this morning and it was -11'F Up here so you could really use hot coffee :D
Three_Dogs

Post by Three_Dogs »

Very, Very Nice! Thanks for posting pics! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :Drool1: :Drool1: :Drool1: :Drool1:
If corporations are people, when will we see one executed?
jas2

Post by jas2 »

Older image, now with original (shitty) bipod.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Nice rifle Jas :)
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
7point62

Post by 7point62 »

Excuse me for being ignorant but where do you get one? haha

Bill
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Sell your soul to the devil... :thumbsup: I have a sneaky feeling OP is from Finland or close. :lol:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

You move to Finland Bill, learn the language and culture, then find someone who will sell you one.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
husker51

Post by husker51 »

TREMENDOUS SHOW! Thank you for posting, and welcome to the forum! :good: "Thanks: :wave: "thumbsup01: :cool: :welcome3: :bravo: :ani-pop:
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."
- Dwight D. Eisenhower (1890-1969), Inaugural Address, January 20, 1953
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

7point62 wrote:Excuse me for being ignorant but where do you get one? haha

Bill
This isn't the same thing but it's kind of close. http://www.keepshooting.com/czech-vz54- ... rifle.html
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jas2

Post by jas2 »

Well, this rifle is used by Finnish defence forces but they havent sell any of them to public. The parts what I used are prototype parts from year 1984 without any army markings. So this is one-of-kind also here :D And its's not for sale :D
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt