Other Military surplus rifles

All collectible military bolt rifles are discussed here. From all countries around the world.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
pacolo90

Other Military surplus rifles

Post by pacolo90 »

I was wondering what some of your other favorite military surplus rifles to collect are? reason why? cool features, and so on... Im looking at all the different types and makes out there and am getting interested in all of them! :D
"If guns were banned, I'd sure think twice before using one to commit a crime, said no criminal, ever" - unknown
desdem12

Re: Other Military surplus rifles

Post by desdem12 »

I love the old russians for sure, but i am liking French and italian too. One of my favorites has to be the gew88. Butter smooth action and stacked with history. :biggrin:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
timlin33

Post by timlin33 »

Russian, Finnish and American ones - though I don't have the bucks for the last :vsad: The Finns are great shooters, the Russians inexpensive and both are chock full of history.
Greasemonkey

Post by Greasemonkey »

Mine favorites are the Finnish and French rifles, but I have a real soft spot for Spanish FR 8 rifles and SKS carbines.

Anything else, depends on my mood at that moment, or if I can sneak it in under the wife's radar :D
I said I was an addict. I didn't say I had a problem.
Jumperwire
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Jumperwire »

Hmmm, just shooting from the hip, but I kinda like the following too :D :D
Pictures 251 (Small).jpg
Swiss K31's
IMAG1017 (Small).jpg
K98s
DSC09659 (Small).JPG
Enfields
IMAG0347 (Small).jpg
Enfields
IMAG0693 (Small).jpg
Assorted mix
DSC06339 (Small).jpg
Snipers
DSC07114 (Large) (Small).JPG
Mosin Nagants
Finns (Small).jpg
And of course....FINNS
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

All of them, why? Just because :)
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
pacolo90

Post by pacolo90 »

Very nice Jumperwire... :Drool1: so far i have five Mosins, two SKSs (one Norinco, one Yugo), one No.4 Mk1 Enfield, two Mausers (one k98, one Turk).... im intrigued by the Argentine mauser, i think thats next :)
"If guns were banned, I'd sure think twice before using one to commit a crime, said no criminal, ever" - unknown
BuckeyeSgt

Post by BuckeyeSgt »

No Arisakas?
Некто кроме нас
US Army 90-94 98G Russian
Army Reserves 94-98 37F
etprescottazusa91

Post by etprescottazusa91 »

Lately its been Arisaka's love em as almost everyone is a war trophy, almost no commercial importation. Every rifle is hiding a story, too add to the list well basically I like everything.
"Fast is fine, But accuracy is everything" Wyatt Earp

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
Adolph Hitler – 1933
Jumperwire
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Jumperwire »

pacolo90 wrote:Very nice Jumperwire... :Drool1: so far i have five Mosins, two SKSs (one Norinco, one Yugo), one No.4 Mk1 Enfield, two Mausers (one k98, one Turk).... im intrigued by the Argentine mauser, i think thats next :)
Nice. I passed on an Argentine cavalry carbine I think. Had the snubbed nose like the No1 Mk3 . Of course, any Argentine would be a nice addition.

I have a couple Arisakas A Type 99 and a Type 38 Carbine some where?
tjtM38

Post by tjtM38 »

Lately, I have really enjoyed shooting my two Norinco import Chinese SKS rifles. They look brand new, are very well made and are more accurate than my AK.
dou44

Post by dou44 »

let's see i have a few k98's couple of sks's couple of finn's vz58 and ak ,ar ,few more pistols. and a few more odd balls in the safe
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Collection number one would be the US milsurps, Garands, '03's, 1917's, Krag's, the Trapdoors, following that I collected British milsurps, Snider, Martini, No1 MKIII, Pattern 1914, No4 MKI @II Then Mosins of many types, then Mauser's K98k, GEW, South American contract, Turk, Persian, and so on. Then we have the French Mas36, Berthier, Lebel, and all the independents FAL, SAFN, Ljungman, Hakim, K31, Vetterli, Remington Rolling block, Carcano, Arisakas of numerous kind, the list is a long one and even I don't remember all of it anymore.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
pacolo90

Post by pacolo90 »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:Collection number one would be the US milsurps, Garands, '03's, 1917's, Krag's, the Trapdoors, following that I collected British milsurps, Snider, Martini, No1 MKIII, Pattern 1914, No4 MKI @II Then Mosins of many types, then Mauser's K98k, GEW, South American contract, Turk, Persian, and so on. Then we have the French Mas36, Berthier, Lebel, and all the independents FAL, SAFN, Ljungman, Hakim, K31, Vetterli, Remington Rolling block, Carcano, Arisakas of numerous kind, the list is a long one and even I don't remember all of it anymore.
:Drool1: :Drool1: maybe one day...
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

I been at it over 30 years, takes time, but stuff comes along before you know it and suddely you go from 20 to 100, then 200, then...:)
Theodore Roosevelt
sheepdog

Post by sheepdog »

2 1937 J.G. Sauer and Sohns K 98s
1 1912 Carl Gustoff M 96 Swede
1 1899 Oberndorf M 96/38 Swede.
1 Chinese factory 6602 SKS
Real gun control is the ability to hit the target.
etprescottazusa91

Post by etprescottazusa91 »

Jumperwire all I can say about that collection and to those pics is :Drool1: :Drool1: :Drool1: and some more :Drool1:
"Fast is fine, But accuracy is everything" Wyatt Earp

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
Adolph Hitler – 1933
RazorBurn

Post by RazorBurn »

My favorites are USGI rifles from World War 2. One of these days I'd like to add some K98's, Enfield's, Arisaka's, some more Mosin's, and some US Property 1911's to my collection. Sadly it's so little money more than so little time for me. :mrgreen:

My next purchase will be a K98 if I ever come across one in decent shape for a reasonable price. That's the next thing on my bucket list for me.

Jumperwire, that is a most impressive collection sir!!! :Drool1: :biggrin:
Threadkiller extraordinaire...
MeatMarket

Post by MeatMarket »

Aside from my new 91/30 PU (I just love it), my favorite is probably my Remington P14; probably because it was my first.
I believe in the right to arm bears.
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

I would like to expand into several different models of Swiss rifles. M96/11, model 1911 rifle and carbine, k31. Couple more nice Enfields would be awesome.