Finally going to buy a sniper

All Military Snipers are discussed here!

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
MeatMarket

Finally going to buy a sniper

Post by MeatMarket »

Hi my first post here. I'm finally going to buy a Mosin Nagant sniper rifle. Thanks to this forum and the helpful site, I finally feel comfortable going to RGuns for mine. I currently own three M91/30's, one of which is a Finnish capture, and all matching, except for one which was given to me as a gift with a sporterized stock, which I felt compelled to replace, and an M44. I love those babies and I can't wait to get the sniper.
I believe in the right to arm bears.
WeldonHunter

Re: Finally going to buy a sniper

Post by WeldonHunter »

MeatMarket wrote:Hi my first post here. I'm finally going to buy a Mosin Nagant sniper rifle. Thanks to this forum and the helpful site, I finally feel comfortable going to RGuns for mine. I currently own three M91/30's, one of which is a Finnish capture, and all matching, except for one which was given to me as a gift with a sporterized stock, which I felt compelled to replace, and an M44. I love those babies and I can't wait to get the sniper.
Welcome to the forum. You can't go wrong with an RGuns PU. We'll be waiting patiently for a post with many pictures and a range report. :D

:ani-pop: :pop: :ani-pop: :pop:
MeatMarket

Post by MeatMarket »

Indeed indeed. I will definitely post pics and range report. I buy bowling pins from the local alley for targets. Tough things those pins are. Bowling with bullets I call it. Do you reckon it will be accurate out to 500yds?
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Welcome to the forum, we look forward to seeing that new R Guns sniper when you get it :)
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Blueliner

Post by Blueliner »

I received and Rguns sniper a few weeks ago and am quite pleased with my purchase. Congrats in advance!
Jumperwire
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Jumperwire »

MeatMarket wrote: Do you reckon it will be accurate out to 500yds?
:pointup: Dang, I just wish I could see something at 500yds :chuckles: :chuckles:
MeatMarket

Post by MeatMarket »

I ask because of this: Last november at the range I go to, they hosted a Fun Shoot competition to benefit the Wounded Warrior Project. My team came in second. The winners were a group of Wackenhut security folks. On the 500 yd range we had a steel plate to hit and 5 shots to try. I was using my 1893 Turkish Mauser with original field sights. The wackenhut guy had a fancy single shot rifle with a huge scope. I couldn't hit it but the spotter confirmed that they were all near misses. I don't ruin my historic weapons with new optics, so I need a historic sniper rifle. FFL was sent to Rguns yesterday so I'll place my order in the morning.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

The 1893 Turk is a pretty good rifle despite how some of them look, I am always adding one of two to the collection every year. The RGuns sniper should be able to get you on the target, don't expect miracles from the optics, they are a 70 year old commie design, they will require range time to get you used to them. Buy a crate of ammo, shoot it all up in practice, and then go kick that security guys ass next competition.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
MeatMarket

Post by MeatMarket »

I just placed an order for two 880 round crates. So I'll have plenty of ammo for range practice.