Liberty tree 91/30 ? ? ? ?

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
aarbeh

Liberty tree 91/30 ? ? ? ?

Post by aarbeh »

https://www.libertytreecollectors.com/p ... =2#details

I decided I NEED not want but NEED another 91/30. The ones at the gun shows are most often overpriced and under rated in overall condition. Liberty Tree has a nice pic of 91/30's they are selling. IF I buy one will it be as nice as the ones pictured (not likely) ? Has anyone ordered a 91/30 from them and what was your impression of the 91/30 and what year style/make am I likely to get ?

I am picky about my 91/30. I have 1930 91/30 hex tula ......... and its a gem :)

I don't want some round receiver, no brass stocked, stamped with random crap 91/30 .......... If you think I am a snob then blame the forum, that made me this way LOL

opinions welcome (not that I could stop it anyway)
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Liberty tree 91/30 ? ? ? ?

Post by bunkysdad »

Do not buy sight unseen. Period. You won't ever be satisfied. You have practically declared it already. Pay more and know what you get. End of story
aarbeh

Post by aarbeh »

YA I did say that. I was just hoping someone would tell me something about liberty tree 91/30's that would change my mind.

I thank you for the feedback.
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

You may want to shop local or check out Gunbroker. They have them individualy pictured on GB. Sometimes you camn get a nice gem out of there, Ask Martin08. :thumbsup:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

aarbeh wrote:YA I did say that. I was just hoping someone would tell me something about liberty tree 91/30's that would change my mind.

I thank you for the feedback.
They look like the same refurb 91/30's that everyone is selling, but I think they were running a special on them. I bought dozens of refurb 91/30's sight unseen from many sellers back when I was building my collection, I had an idea what to expect and was never disappointed.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
jayrocka1200

Post by jayrocka1200 »

i bought sight unseen from J n G and was very happy, got a nice splice stock 91/30
aarbeh

Post by aarbeh »

I just checked out J n G. Good price low shipping cost.
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

aarbeh wrote:I just checked out J n G. Good price low shipping cost.

Liberty Tree is showing sold out right now. There's a bunch listed here. http://gun-deals.com/index.php?dealtype ... 4&subcat=5

I'll add this. Remember Black Friday is only three weeks ago and last year there was some really good deals so it might pay to wait and see what's offered. Just a thought.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

The holiday season is on us so quickly.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
jayrocka1200

Post by jayrocka1200 »

WeldonHunter wrote:

Liberty Tree is showing sold out right now. There's a bunch listed here. http://gun-deals.com/index.php?dealtype ... 4&subcat=5

I'll add this. Remember Black Friday is only three weeks ago and last year there was some really good deals so it might pay to wait and see what's offered. Just a thought.

good point Weldon , what kinds of deals were there last year ?
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

aarbeh, I have bought a couple of Mosins from a selection like you originally posted, mine from J&G and I was happy with them. However to put restrictions on what you get with such limitations in order to be pleased with what you get you just have to see what you are getting, and auctions with good quality pictures or even Liberty Tree with the individually listed rifles is the best way to avoid disappointment. To get the lower pricing associated with the big sellers where they choose the rifle, or collect a extra fee for picking the "best of five" (based on who's oppinion?) you have to be willing to accept what you get, and that is not likely when you already have a mint 1930 hex receiver to compare against. Good luck with what you get, and we eagerly wait to see it posted.
it is too bad that Liberty Tree is sold out of the basic 91/30's but they have a couple of nice m44's and some great Finns, but more money! :P
etprescottazusa91

Post by etprescottazusa91 »

Bought some parts from Liberty Tree last night, checked out the bayonets for sale, WOW have these gone up in value. The Carcano model 38 straight blade bayonet I paid $11.00 dollars for at a gunshow in 1984 is bringing $150.00 now, I think I'm done buying bayonets.
"Fast is fine, But accuracy is everything" Wyatt Earp

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
Adolph Hitler – 1933
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

jayrocka1200 wrote:
WeldonHunter wrote:

I'll add this. Remember Black Friday is only three weeks away and last year there was some really good deals so it might pay to wait and see what's offered. Just a thought.

good point Weldon , what kinds of deals were there last year ?

There was a lot of decent stuff but this is the one I got. Times 2. http://gun-deals.com/displaydeal.php?dealid=10669 It was my first mil-surp weapon purchase in 12 years. I have this bunch to blame for it too, lol. They made me do it. I also got 2 Hex's for $79.50ea. The M44s were $149.50 and the M91/30 rounds were $69.50. The coupon code worked for the hex Mosins to. It should be interesting this year. That was just the begining and I haven't looked back. :D

I'll be listing stuff on gun-deals as I find them. I get emailers from a bunch of places. If I see anything that looks like it's something people here might be interested in I'll do my best to let you all know. As long as the world hasn't spun off it's axis.
aarbeh

Post by aarbeh »

WOW ya that would be great !

I just need one more ya just one more ....... Im in control im in control.

Almost purchased an Enfield today .......... I don't know why I thought I needed it ..........sigh need to calm down on this WWII rifle thing LOL
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

Oh but a Enfield is a great one to get!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

bunkysdad wrote:Oh but a Enfield is a great one to get!

SEE SEE !!!!! This what they do. :pointup: :chuckles:
aarbeh

Post by aarbeh »

I KNOW ! (crying)

I wants one ............. precious ......

Want one a "authentic" not sporterized :)

Nice Enfield. Wana sell it ? LOL
jayrocka1200

Post by jayrocka1200 »

WOW that's a great deal ! I hope there are more for this Black Friday , it will be interesting to see
finloq

Post by finloq »

Liberty Tree is a sponsor and he is a good guy. Call him and tell him what you are looking for, he will help you out if he can.
"Self-realization. I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"
aarbeh

Post by aarbeh »

Will do.