I died and went to heaven...yesterday

All collectible military bolt rifles are discussed here. From all countries around the world.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
Rocket

I died and went to heaven...yesterday

Post by Rocket »

Yes, heaven looks a lot like a Cabela's store. I had never been in one, but my goodness. I had only 20 minutes to look before I had to hit the road, but their used gun rack included about 9-10 Mosins (all round receivers), 10ish Yugo Mausers, a Turkish Mauser, a Springfield 1903, three Mosin Snipers, a Carcaco 6.5....basically so many I can't remember them all. The used gun rack is really cool since it's just out on the main floor, and customers can fondle all the guns they want....... :pointleft:

Anyway, the bright light went away and I had to leave that happy place.
1926 91/30 Izhevsk hex
1943 91/30 Izhevsk round (2)
1917 Remington M91 hex (sporterized)
Finn without a stock
desdem12

Re: I died and went to heaven...yesterday

Post by desdem12 »

:tissue: :tissue: You left without buying something? :cry1: :no2: :no2: :no2:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
Rocket

Post by Rocket »

I did. Like I said, I only had 29 min. My heart started beating fast and I just had to scram before my money started flying out of my pocket.
1926 91/30 Izhevsk hex
Finn without a stock
Ban-One

Post by Ban-One »

It's getting harder to find gun stores that keep the used guns out on the floor for you to handle. Get your check book and go back! :P
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Oh, I thought this was gonna be another heart attack story, heard one earlier today, yes, Cabelas, OK, for me it would be Bannermans showroom in 1903, but I guess Cabelas has nice things also :)
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Simo

Post by Simo »

Cabelas is ok, but the only one I've ever been to had 100% mark ups on everything. $160 91/30s $1200 panther ARs $900 mini-14s etc. see when you buy one of their guns, they go buy 2 more to replace it. that is rape!
"But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security." -Declaration of Independence
Rocket

Post by Rocket »

Simo wrote:Cabelas is ok, but the only one I've ever been to had 100% mark ups on everything. $160 91/30s $1200 panther ARs $900 mini-14s etc. see when you buy one of their guns, they go buy 2 more to replace it. that is rape!
Mosins were $99. The Carcano was $204, Springfield was $315. Mostly it was the selection. We've got nothing like that where I live, not even close.

Sorry to raise your BP JYD. No heart attacks here.
1926 91/30 Izhevsk hex
Finn without a stock
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

A non sportered springfield 03 is an instant buy at $315 :beek: Those go for about twice or more then that. :Drool1:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

I would have bought that original '03 so fast I would have torn the pocket out on my trousers going for my wallet :)
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Simo

Post by Simo »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:I would have bought that original '03 so fast I would have torn the pocket out on my trousers going for my wallet :)
I would have bit you and tripped you to beat you to the sales counter :very mad: :chuckles:
"But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security." -Declaration of Independence
Cajun

Post by Cajun »

Hahaha JYD and Simo!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Beardedbullitz

Post by Beardedbullitz »

We're gettin a cabelas near Columbus this spring. So no more out of state trips to w Virginia for me. I love that store just for the environment and the guns! :D
-Beardedbullitz-
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

We have one just over the border in the Communist state, I visit it from time to time, lots of good stuff even if the commies over there do stick it to us with the sales taxes.
Theodore Roosevelt
Cajun

Post by Cajun »

Gf has my gun buying on supreme lockdown til we get a house.... :(

Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

I thought only wives had that power?
Theodore Roosevelt
Beardedbullitz

Post by Beardedbullitz »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:I thought only wives had that power?
I agree :lol:
-Beardedbullitz-
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Ya but does she have you on super sneaky what she doesn't know can't hurt gun buying lock down? :ugeek: I didn't think so :devil2: :thumbsup:
Cajun

Post by Cajun »

She has super powers ive never encountered.... Eats kryptonite as a late nigh snack and has eyes everywheres!!!! She knows the two closest gunsmiths around by name.... She is a mystery. Maybe i should pack my bags lmao

Rocket

Post by Rocket »

I am very, very new to the collectable gun game, I have no idea what I'm looking at. Oh well, I'll learn.
1926 91/30 Izhevsk hex
Finn without a stock
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Don't be affraid to ask Rocket, we will be glad to spend your money. Just do a little looking around here or on the net and you can find things you never knew existed to spend money on. :lol: :thumbsup: 03 springfields would be a good deal at 600 likely so that is what you gave up. :tissue: :violin: