I have the.mosin-itis bad :(

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
jonnyboy091373

I have the.mosin-itis bad :(

Post by jonnyboy091373 »

So, I may or may not (I did) have put a 1929 Izhevsk hex receiver counter bored about an inch on a lamented stock on lay away at my local military surplus store. It was all for the kingly sum of $99.99! I couldn't say no. I tried, but I once heard that if you see a hex, get it! So, now I must tell the missus about this :o Do you guys think this was a good idea? Was it worth my man parts? Pictures asap, as I know you guys thrive off them.
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Re: I have the.mosin-itis bad :(

Post by Longcolt44 »

Best buy a least one more. You can only catch that much hell once, (at a time). Don't worry about the man parts. You lost those when you got married :vsad:
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

Heck yea, you got a deal. Hopefully it is all arsenal original. Welcome to the ward.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
pacolo90

Post by pacolo90 »

That seems like a great price :thumbsup: i know what you mean about telling "the missus" lol... I havent told my girlfriend about some of the rifles i've bought recently, shes gonna be pissed when she finds out. its easy for me to get away with it since we dont live together :D
"If guns were banned, I'd sure think twice before using one to commit a crime, said no criminal, ever" - unknown
Beardedbullitz

Post by Beardedbullitz »

It's not a question of whether or not it was a good idea or if its worth your man parts, u have to recognize that mosinitis is a disease (with no known cure) and then you have to admit that you are powerless against it :chuckles: ! Seriously though, sounds like a great deal on a rifle, cant wait for some pics :thumbsup:
-Beardedbullitz-
jonnyboy091373

Post by jonnyboy091373 »

I did some searching on the Internet and it seems I may have an updated dragoon. It was still covered in grease, with all matching numbers. My only concern is the counter boring, but the rest of the rifling was in good shape. It had a dark bore, but no rough patches. All in all, I'm excited. I admit it, I'm powerless. :(
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Nothing wrong with a counterbore, most of the refurbs could have used one and didn't get it, my counterbore rifles are all good shooters.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Three_Dogs

Post by Three_Dogs »

Not to worry about Mosinitis sysndrome. Many of us have it. We are here for you. You have admitted it, Thats the first step! Now you must keep getting that Fix, buy some more! :pointleft: :vcool: :vcool: :vcool: :vcool: :vcool: :bwink: :bwink: :bwink: :bwink: :bwink:
If corporations are people, when will we see one executed?
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Problem? Some of us don't consider it a problem :)
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Ironnewt

So Do I

Post by Ironnewt »

Dear Ironnewt,

Congratulations! You have won item #310618264 at GunBroker.com. You may wish to print or save this notice for future reference. You have won the following:

Item Title: WWII Russian Tokarev SVT40 7.62X54R SVT 1940
Item Number: 310618264
SKU:
Ending Date: 10/15/2012 19:33:25
Quantity Won: 1
Winning Bid: $xxxxxView Item Listing

Seller:xxxxxxx
Seller Email Address:xxxxxSeller Contact Info

The seller of this item, XXXXXX, has also been notified. You and the seller

I finally got one., When SWMBO finds out about this "I'm a Dead Man" But you only live once.
Damn, I'll bet that's going to leave a mark! Probably hurt too!
"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms,
you know, like NASCAR drivers, so we could
identify their corporate sponsors."

"When I die, I want to be facing my enemies surrounded by their dead bodies and piles of spent brass"
"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

newmosinfan

Post by newmosinfan »

Last one I bought wife was with me and the whole time we were at the gun show she was like "you are not buying a gun " over and over . There was one guy selling Mosins and only had 2 none snipers left . I was eying the '25 Tula hex already had a round receiver then all kinds of people came over and were checking them out and god bless her she grabbed the hex and said we want this one . When we left I said to her thought you said i wasn't getting a gun she looked at me and said no more this year .
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Congrats Ironnewt. :vcool: :vcool: :vcool: :Drool1: :Drool1:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
Ironnewt

Post by Ironnewt »

Thanks, I paid more than I wanted but I set a limit of what I would spend and decided after getting either blown out in bidding wars or missing great deals I would set my sights on one and take it to the wire unless it went nuts. I got a "wee bit" worried at the end when it popped up $10.00 but the guy apparently only bid one time thinking I would blink.
Damn, I'll bet that's going to leave a mark! Probably hurt too!
"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms,
you know, like NASCAR drivers, so we could
identify their corporate sponsors."

"When I die, I want to be facing my enemies surrounded by their dead bodies and piles of spent brass"
"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: So Do I

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Ironnewt wrote:Dear Ironnewt,

Congratulations! You have won item #310618264 at GunBroker.com. You may wish to print or save this notice for future reference. You have won the following:

Item Title: WWII Russian Tokarev SVT40 7.62X54R SVT 1940
Item Number: 310618264
SKU:
Ending Date: 10/15/2012 19:33:25
Quantity Won: 1
Winning Bid: $xxxxxView Item Listing

Seller:xxxxxxx
Seller Email Address:xxxxxSeller Contact Info

The seller of this item, XXXXXX, has also been notified. You and the seller

I finally got one., When SWMBO finds out about this "I'm a Dead Man" But you only live once.
:vcool: :vcool: :vcool: :thumbsup: Sorry to hear about the impending murder by the wife and all, but congratulations on the SVT :D
Theodore Roosevelt
zeebill

Post by zeebill »

Hey Ironwert practice these lines! Move over big dog a mean old dog is moving in! Winter is cold in the dog house you know! You are suposed to do things like buy an SVT at least in the Summer, Oh I forgot that is also flea season too! :chuckles: :chuckles: :chuckles: :chuckles: You my man are in deep dodo! Good Luck! Bill
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

That is not a bad price for the SVT-40, I have seen similar ones going for $1100.00
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Yes, prices have gotten a bit high in recent years on the SVT's, $900 and up is common now.
Theodore Roosevelt
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

You are gonna be changing your name to lonesome newt.
dou44

Post by dou44 »

svt are getting high ,wish i could find one. and as to being lonesome i have all my rifles to keep me company and all you guy here. :brolleyes:
Buckhead

Post by Buckhead »

:thumbsup:

I buy guns and my wife buys shoes and purses. The other day she looked in my safe :big shock: and said I see 3 new pars of shoes.
Have to keep that damned safe locked when she is around.