Pt 2 Crate fresh 1928 Tula Ex Dragoon

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
rollndice83

Pt 2 Crate fresh 1928 Tula Ex Dragoon

Post by rollndice83 »

Here is the second rifle out of the crate I picked up. It is a 1928 Tula Ex Dragoon. This rifle also had metal shims but they are both in the stock under the trigger guard. The stock also has a repair on the top corner in the rear of the receiver and I noticed it's a solid stock the nose piece is not spliced in like my other 91/30 stocks. The other unusual thing I noticed with the stock is that it did not have the grooves cut out just behind the rear barrel band. I have not seen this before either. I'll let the photos show you more of what I'm talking about. Over all I'm pleased to have found these two rifles and they are both in pretty good shape. This one came with a cylindrical oil bottle that I believe the Russians made for captured German Mauser's and thought it was pretty odd looking,

rollndice83

Re: Pt 2 Crate fresh 1928 Tula Ex Dragoon

Post by rollndice83 »

More photos...

rollndice83

Post by rollndice83 »

That's it for now.. I got some video coming soon.
redspoon

Post by redspoon »

Dang rollndice two nice finds :thumbsup: :thumbsup: you need to take a little more time between post, I had just finished wiping the drool off when this one popped up. :D
I really like the slings on both and the oil bottle. :vcool: :vcool: :Drool1:
Last edited by redspoon on Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Sweet a nice Tula Ex. Lots of drooling pics too. :vcool: :vcool: :Drool1: :Drool1: :Drool1: :Drool1: :Drool1:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
Three_Dogs

Post by Three_Dogs »

Very Nice, I have an oil can like that one that came with a 43 91/30 I bought. Are they something special or?

:Drool1: :Drool1: :Drool1: :Drool1: :Drool1: :Drool1: :Drool1: :Drool1: :Drool1: :Drool1: :Drool1: :vcool: :vcool: :vcool: :vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
If corporations are people, when will we see one executed?
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Nice stock repair :) Cool
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

:Drool1: :Drool1: :Drool1: :Drool1: :Drool1: Is right! :vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
husker51

Post by husker51 »

:Drool1: :Drool1: :Drool1: :Drool1: :vcool: :vcool: :vcool: :thumbsup: :wave:
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."
- Dwight D. Eisenhower (1890-1969), Inaugural Address, January 20, 1953
dou44

Post by dou44 »

what state are you in so i will know where all the nice rifles are going. :thumbsup:
jayrocka1200

Post by jayrocka1200 »

really cool rifle ! I like the oil container , very cool !
jonnyboy091373

Post by jonnyboy091373 »

Another beautiful rifle :)
pacolo90

Post by pacolo90 »

:Gjob: :toast: awesomeness!!! really cool oil can too
"If guns were banned, I'd sure think twice before using one to commit a crime, said no criminal, ever" - unknown
rollndice83

Post by rollndice83 »

Think the oil can was made for captured German Mausers. I just found another square dual compartment oil can that has Polish markings on it. It's pretty cool It was in a Rubbermaid crate full of loose ammo pouches and I picked it up and when I asked the gun store owner what he wanted for it he said take it. And I'm not sure but I was reading the stock repair was from a cutout for a scope to mount to the receiver for a sniper rifle. I need that yellow Mosin Nagant info book. It has all kinds of info and markings
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

You can find information on the forum information page as well, Lapins book has useful info, but it's dated. Stock repairs in that area are not necessarily because of a scope mount, cracking happens there as well, or a split as it's a thin spot in the wood.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
rollndice83

Post by rollndice83 »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:You can find information on the forum information page as well, Lapins book has useful info, but it's dated. Stock repairs in that area are not necessarily because of a scope mount, cracking happens there as well, or a split as it's a thin spot in the wood.
That's makes sense I was just going off location I noticed in old pictures that the sniper rifles had the stock cut out there but now that I think about it I've seen that same repair on other stocks. It is a thin area and I'm sure the recoil is a bear on it. And I'll have to check out the forum info page I haven't seen that yet. Thanks JYD
JTheBigJay

Post by JTheBigJay »

Is it an x-sniper? That stock repair is interesting.

Have you pulled the bolt and checked the inside of the receiver wall for screw hole repairs?
rollndice83

Post by rollndice83 »

JTheBigJay wrote:Is it an x-sniper? That stock repair is interesting.

Have you pulled the bolt and checked the inside of the receiver wall for screw hole repairs?
I haven't checked for any screw hole repairs yet I will tonight. The repair is pretty neat an ex sniper stock if first thing I thought of because of the location
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Remember there were no PUs from this year. Not sure when they started on snipers but a 32 or so would be a PE top mount and the welds would be up higher. Not sure on the PE or PEM side mounts.
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
evildog

Post by evildog »

Sweet find!! :Drool1: :Drool1: :Drool1: :Drool1: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: