Mosin Snipers

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
mikerb55

Mosin Snipers

Post by mikerb55 »

Hi All,

I'm interested in learning more about the Mosin sniper rifles. Can someone help with explaining the jargon? (PU, ex-sniper, etc...) :D
John Wayne as John Bernard Books (The Shootist):
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them."
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Re: Mosin Snipers

Post by Darryl »

PE
PEM
PU

Three basic snipers produced by the Soviets.

Start by reading our "info pages here
information/sniper_section/index.html

Then here
http://www.mosinnagant.net/sniper%20sec ... rtext1.asp

Then ask questions. Anyone interested or thinking of buying a PU sniper and don't know how to tell a fake from real, send me a PM and I will send you a link to a "hidden" webpage on just that very secret. You have to have been on this forum and registered first. Reason is, we don't want to let the fakers know what we look for, now do we?

Dolk